Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Nerf?

(PSN)RomanDogs

Question

16 answers to this question

The skill sends out projectiles and doesn't start healing until they reach your team mates (always did, not a nerf).

The OP isnt alone in this. I stood right beside my Clanmate when he toggled Renewal on, and it didnt work.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it never will. If it doesnt work the first time, it wont work the other times either.

I'm pretty sure the orbs aren't a thing anymore. U14.5 patch notes explain it.

There is no mention of orb removal in the U14.5 patch notes, in facts it promotes an improvement on them.

· Renewal:
-Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.
-Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.
-When target is fully healed, remove any active proc effects.
-Allies affected by Renewal have slowed bleedout by 20/25/35/45% per rank. This is affected by duration mods.

I had this in ONE mission, I would cast Renewal and in my case, I wouldn't even SEE the orbs, I couldn't heal my team-mates, I thought it was laggy host or smth so I didn't take screenies, but it wasn't laggy at all, the skill just wasn't working.
But that happened only ONE time.

Sidenote: how does this thing even work anyway? what's the point of keeping the toggle up if it doesn't send like.. additional orbs? I mean come on `-` I send my orbs and un-toggle the skill right away, they're going to heal my team mates regardless, even the HoT.

Edit: I also notice that on allies with full HP, the orbs just decide to fly around next to them, and keep stacking the more u recast the skill, until it looks kinda like your team mate has a horde of fairies following them.

Edited by (PS4)Mhj-sab

I can actually, confirm with 99% positivity that something is wrong with Renewal in the current build on PS4.  no matter what my energy color, I never see orbs fly to teammates.  Ever.  

I have seen it heal 2/3 teamates and leave the other one to just... sit at the same amount of health for literally a good 20 seconds while I waited for my power to run out (with an energy pad ticking). I have also seen it JUST heal me.  This has happened to me on Ceres Survival, Defense, and the Cryotic Event Excavation mission on Earth Phobos and Europa (Normally everytime I run there is a rhino.  Sometimes it seems like the iron skin is blocking him from getting healed (I haven't fully tested this yet however, it is just a theory.)  

Also, speaking of Oberon, ever since PS4 U14.5 and PC 14.5 I cannot find Oberon Systems.  I have like 9 helms and 9 chassis just from the PS4 event lol.  Does anyone remember where they found their oberon systems?  (I still need him on PC)!!!

EDIT:  The toggle thing has nothing to do with why it wouldn't be healing teammates unless you were toggling it off before it had a chance to reach them....  which I was not.

I had this in ONE mission, I would cast Renewal and in my case, I wouldn't even SEE the orbs, I couldn't heal my team-mates, I thought it was laggy host or smth so I didn't take screenies, but it wasn't laggy at all, the skill just wasn't working.

But that happened only ONE time.

Sidenote: how does this thing even work anyway? what's the point of keeping the toggle up if it doesn't send like.. additional orbs? I mean come on `-` I send my orbs and un-toggle the skill right away, they're going to heal my team mates regardless, even the HoT.

Edit: I also notice that on allies with full HP, the orbs just decide to fly around next to them, and keep stacking the more u recast the skill, until it looks kinda like your team mate has a horde of fairies following them.

That sounds adorable and magical.

Oberbro