Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Prime Armor Set ...

LightningRain

Well, I as much as I enjoy DE's continuous updates (thank you for doing what you do best!), I must admit, I'm kind of disappointed that the Targis Prime Armor Set is only obtainable via Prime Access. 

I knew, that one day, something really amazing would turn up this way, but I just hoped it wouldn't be something like this...

Anyways, I just hope that there might be some way to achieve this beautiful armor set without having to pay for it. Or maybe future Prime Armor sets that don't require you to pay. 

I too am sad its a Prime Access thing, especially with the current payment model. 

Its a shame too cause I probably would've bought the armor for like $10 or something considering how well it fits along with most of the warframes.

I'm hoping that we might get a non-Prime version in the future, but that might be a bit unlikely without changing much of the look of the armor set lest those who bought it get angry. 

To be fair, I think we can all agree that the cosmetic items in general, especially armour pieces have been improving with each new set. Just pass on Targis, and the next armour set will be even better looking. Prime items will probably be kept exclusive to prime access, but the regular armour sets will look just as nice, I'm sure.

Unless you're one of those people that insists Misa Prime is still the best scarf.

I like to look at it more deep than just "50$ for armor, ugh". Most games nowadays are about the same price, and I'm just glad this one stayed true to the f2p formula. How I look at it, if you have the spare cash ( I did :3) and don't mind supporting you're favorite devs, then go for it. Tbh, I actually kinda needed the xp booster anyway, college is coming up and time's gonna be cut short for me.

Sub note: 100th post, woot!

Edited by Photon95

To be fair, I think we can all agree that the cosmetic items in general, especially armour pieces have been improving with each new set. 

^this

Compare the quality of the new Grineer set to the original sets. Hek, compare the old syandanas to the new ones. The difference is huge. 

Edited by vaugahn

Prime accessories are pay only? Doesn't really sound like a new concept to me. 

There will definitely be more armor, syandana, sugatra, etc in the future that aren't Prime that will be available in the normal market for platinum. Prime accessories have always been part of prime access.

It might be interesting if they made the cosmetics more accessible through specific pay options. What you are paying most for is the 90 day boosters. Maybe DE could just have the cosmetics on their own as the cheapest option, then the regular accessory pack above it.

Edited by R34LM

It might be interesting if they made the cosmetics more accessible through specific pay options. What you are paying most for is the 90 day boosters. Maybe DE could just have the cosmetics on their own as the cheapest option, then the regular accessory pack above it.

^ That would be amazing.

Anyways, I just hope that there might be some way to achieve this beautiful armor set without having to pay for it. Or maybe future Prime Armor sets that don't require you to pay. 

Since the armor sets are pure cosmetic items they will always cost money.

Just like DE wont hand out any of the colour pallets, except the holiday ones, for credits.

Cosmetics are how DE makes their money, so asking for the shiniest cosmetics to be free is asking them to give up on a decent chunk of income.

The biggest chance you'll get with the Targis is buying it in the future if it ever cycles into availability again (which DE has said that Prime Access Items will only be purchasable through Prime Access and may come back in the future for people who missed it the first time to buy again).

But that will still require you to pay money to get it.

There isn't even a remote possibility that you'll be able to nab it for free.

Prime accessories are pay only? Doesn't really sound like a new concept to me. 

There will definitely be more armor, syandana, sugatra, etc in the future that aren't Prime that will be available in the normal market for platinum. Prime accessories have always been part of prime access.

agree

• 1 month later...

Prime Accessories pack is $59.99 on PlayStation 4.

That's the cost of a @(*()$ game.

I was looking forward to a set of Prime Armor for a while, but I'm not going to drop that kind of money on a game that I've kinda played out.  I already got the Prime Accessories Pack that preceded it.  DE will just have to be happy with that amount of support.  I've given them rather a lot of money for a game I've enjoyed, but it's also a game whose ultimate fate is unknown.  Sony has already ripped the servers out from under two things I enjoyed and spent money on, I have no idea what DE has planned for when they stop supporting the game, or how long Sony will continue their relationship.  I can't invest myself in anymore games to that degree only to arrive at a day where they're actually unplayable.

Otherwise, they need to separate the boosters and cosmetics and enable their players to have better, stronger choices for how they would like to support the game and get some shiny things or whatever.

i am perfectly fine with all cosmetic items being PLAT-only 

but that's my beef with the prime access gear, it's not plat-only, they're $50 cash only, this is the real stickler issue =/ (or even more, as the earlier prime gear was only obtainable by spending $250) [not that $$$ doesnt help DE, i understand supporting DE, but pricing content more reasonably ala carte, could result in more sales revenue] {and besides, plat-only items do generate $$ for DE, since 99% of plat is a closed system and comes from purchases from customers}

at some point down the line, id also be ok with DE introducing some more cosmetic gear into the drop tables as incredibly rare loot (like the bug accidentally released early), but of course with more transparency [and they would need to be incredibly rare drops, to not devalue them completely and to discourage 'farming']

im thinking as time goes on, either older cosmetic sets might be introduced as random rare loot, or possibly some new sets might be introduced through the RNG method vs just being plat-only

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Ill quote myself from another thread.

I still wouldnt put 50$ on it, 50% discount is not enough to buy me, as 50% discount is what i can get every second day with nearly 100% reliability.

If they however put that plat with 75% discount i might take a look at it.

But getting that equivalent plat to 90day booster would mean 2100 plat, at 50% discount(100$ value). If they were to put it at 75% then it would be 4k plat(200$ value) at 50$ with accessories to make it worth my time and that would work maybe once in a year since i simply wouldnt find use for that much plat.

tl;dr 50% discount on PA is pitiful and replacing 90day boosters with plat wouldnt make it that much more interesting for pc veterans.

From 110$ value of PA, accessories are worth at best 10$, putting them outside of bundle for 15-20$ is imo fair if they include avatar in.

• 3 weeks later...

I think DE should at least have a discount on stuff like this for people who've spent x amount of dollars. I could easily afford buying another prime access but then I tell myself no video game in all of video game history is worth around or more then say 200 dollars. Fully released games can cost 50 to 60 dollars and then add in about another 50-60 dollars for dlc and you have a game with all of its content and next to no bugs for 120 bucks. I love warframe and feel like I have supported this game enough. Plus how long do we need to keep "supporting" the Devs by dropping at least 50 dollars (the price of a full game) on a prime access like they are some little indie company. That PW/chicken company deal was for how much money...what like 70 million...I don't think DE is going bankrupt any time soon.

Edited by RoninJed