Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Had Skill Trees Would You Like To See More Powers?

KaptainK3nny

I would like to see skill trees on the powers, so we can make them different, So everyone aren't playing the exact same frame in powers

Take Rhinos stomp 4 example,

Say we have 3 paths on the skill trees

1, the one we have now

2nd, make the enemies fly up in till the hit the roof and then falls down, meaning they take damage from the stomp that sends them flying up and then the fall damage when they fall down.

3rd, the enemy's are sent flying in all directions in to the walls around him.

The skill tree continues then later on where u can select duration, strength or length, and as the corrupted mods selecting one will make another go minus.

would be really nice to have it like this or something similer

More exemles:

loln8tr

More or less lol, I would like to be able to alter the powers we already have a little like the Rhino example.Maybe make vaubans balls that he throws able to bounce off of walls or roll around or something.

Edited by BabyKurama

DE stated in the Devstreams that there won´t be skill trees, the upgrade system in warframe is the mod system wich is original and good. And also the warframe abbilities are hard to make and balance so if we had more just imagine how the mess will get. The mod system for warframes is actually very good and the corrupted mods give so much options to the players in a very interesting way.

The Focus system that Steve and the crew were talking about in the streams I think it´s what will bring the next step in warframe building so we have to wait until we see what they develop.

There was next to no customization the the ME3 skill trees

Doesn't have to be overly complex to work, something as simple as a unique evolution trait or a form of final specialization would be enough.

Besides I am certain OP is talking exclusively about the powers, not asking for a replacement for the mod system (for those fearing that, not directed at you icarus).

Doesn't have to be overly complex to work, something as simple as a unique evolution trait or a form of final specialization would be enough.

Besides I am certain OP is talking exclusively about the powers, not asking for a replacement for the mod system (for those fearing that, not directed at you icarus).

But do we really need that on top of the mod system? It's the same problem with the suggestion to separate helmet stats from the helmets. Too many sources of variables to just complicate the system. We already have focus in the works, so I think it would be best to wait how that goes.

But do we really need that on top of the mod system? It's the same problem with the suggestion to separate helmet stats from the helmets. Too many sources of variables to just complicate the system. We already have focus in the works, so I think it would be best to wait how that goes.

To be honest it could be something as simple as a unique set of traits or set of behaviours/'evolutions' as a choice when maxing out a power mod card to give it a unique behaviour. I'm not saying it has to be done right now, or done at all, but it'd be IMO a good step in playstyle cutomization.

As for Focus, not even the devs right now know what they want for Focus and while I am interested to see I wouldn't really take it in account until we get a solid and definitive idea of what it's going to be like.

From what I understand, the Focus system is supposed to be ubiquitous.  What the OP is proposing would be more tailored to specific frames.  I think it has potential as something to do after the Focus system is implemented.  The caveat I will append is that I think the OP's system should ONLY make changes to the way in which the skill is carried out.  Specifically, I do NOT want this to change damage directly through any sort of numeric alterations.  More of a Form/Fit/Function type of change.  Some examples below:

-Frost Snow Globe turns into a Cube or a Pyramid

-Nekros Raise Dead prioritizes Grineer or Corpus or Infested corpses

-Nova Wormhole bends 90 degrees right, left, up, or down halfway through (meaning you go forward half as far then travel the other half in another direction)

I want to see options that do not directly enhance your damage, but allow for more flexibility in customizing the utility of each frame.  It could start as 1 skill modified per frame and grow from that.  However they (DE) wish to implement it.  As I said though, this would be great for AFTER the Focus system is in place-essentially 2 steps ahead in the Warframe future.

Edit: Typo

Edited by KaiDKB