Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love Volt, But...

(PSN)Wolfer93

Which reminds me, I barely see him, Zephyr, or Banshee, anywhere. It's like people avoid them in missions higher in level than Earth. 

I just have 2 more frames to rank up for the mastery (Banshee and Mirage) and then i'll either be using Banshee or Zephyr as my secondary frame (main is currently Trinity).

I haven't been playing banshee long but she seems to be a great frame.

Low health and shields isn't a problem when you can shut down anything near you long enough to take them out.

Zephyr also has one of the best tanking abilities against ranged. Rhino can lose his iron skin but turbulence keeps on ticking.

Not to mention Tail Wind is fantastic at making the rushers look slow.

He has high shields and energy, average speed and health, he can augment three of those with his abilities, and he has access to two different crowd control skills.

If low armour is the price I must pay for all of that, then I'll take it!

... not digging the low armor rating. It just feels like he's so fragile because of it. Thankfully his shields aren't low,

That's... it's... gah.

Volt can create impenetrable shields that even boost everyone's attacks!, he doesn't need more armor.

Volt can constantly stun mobs with the flick of a wrist.

Volt is fast as hell and can bypass threats entirely.

His armor is fine. But whatever, if you want to reduce like 10 more damage, sure why not lol. I have an Attack Banshee and the crappy 15 armor doesn't slow her down at all, I don't see how Volt cant protect himself, as well as the entire team by the way.

Edited by DarkTails

I do not take a frames health, shields or armour into account when deciding what to play. They are all overrated.

Im valkyr and i disagree

@OP

Banshee ccs like hell

She doesnt need defense

Volt has every tool he needs for near every situation

He also doesnt need to be tankier

Zephyr is actually one of the more used non meta frames

I see her much on pluto runs

1 point of armor gives you 1% effective health, that means volts maximum effective health at level 30 is 345 (300 base). Let's get crazy and say his armor gets boosted to 100. That means that with maxed vigor and vitality, Volts maximum health at level 30 would be 860 and his maximum effective health would be 1520 (up from 989).

Obviously his armor wouldn't get boosted that high, but the point is you need a lot of armor in order to make a difference.

... not digging the low armor rating. It just feels like he's so fragile because of it. Thankfully his shields aren't low, but he's at the bottom with Zephyr and Banshee. Taking him out on tougher missions is definitely something that takes me more than three times to consider. Which reminds me, I barely see him, Zephyr, or Banshee, anywhere. It's like people avoid them in missions higher in level than Earth. And as someone who adores Volt and wants to use him a lot, it makes me a bit sad.

But with the perspective of it being just my opinion, I'm curious about other people. Is Volt's low armor an issue, according to you?

You pretty much had your answer with every comments here. You don't need more than 15 armor : you base stats are good enough, and electric shield adds you even more survivability. As long as you'll pay strongly attention to the battlefield, you may be able to survive for a very long time. Other abilities counts too.

Nope. He has a damage shield for that reason, you know. Electric shield with range and duration mods = wall of protection.

Electric shield is not affected by power range. The only thing able to affect ES is duration and efficiency.

Volt is a tank.

Wat ?

Volt is one of the most durable frames EHP-wise and has Speed, Shield, and on-demand stuns to make him one of the safest and easiest frames to play.  

You are really overestimating Volt here. He may be harder to play than the usual "Meta frames" IMHO. ES won't avoid you AoE attacks and attacks from behind (unless good placing or shielding your back), speed won't let you avoid everything, shock has still a limited number of target and the stun duration stays short and sometimes does not happen. While he IS a good frame to play, saying that Volt is easy and safe to play seems really too much, you have to pay way more attention to what is happening around you in order to avoid unpleasent surprises.

Volt main here, just giving my two cents.

I just run a build that makes shield last for almost 40 seconds , speed and shock to maneuver and CC heavies, he does not feel fragile 

/Fear the bleed procs tho 

If you allow me to give you a tip : you don't really need that 40 seconds shields. 20 seconds is more than enough. Try to equip efficiency mods and reach more or less those 20 seconds by adding non-corrupted duration mods. Like this, you'll be able to spam shields to bring some more +50% electrical damage bonuses (I may have to remember you that the +50% damage given by the shield stacks).

Ignore this if you're builded for max duration speed... Even if I think that 7-8 seconds speed is still okay. I can show you my build if you want, may be not the best build in the world, but it's a pretty nice one IMO.

you have ALOT to learn 

Didn't mean 'at the bottom' as in 'bad frame'. :) Meant at the bottom as in 'low number at this specific trait'

But as I already said, ya'll made good points! Which I didn't entirely take into consideration in my first post. I'm running with Volt more and changed my build a bit. S'all good. I had a question, had it answered, got shouted at for a bit, changed my mods and now I'm statisfied. (Though this post will probably be skipped in future replies. As such is the fate of OP posts.)

Also Einde made a good point: Volt isn't super easy to master straight off the bat. Especially when you skip all tutorials and you suck for the next five months. (I'm a terrible player. I'm sorry. I've changed my ways.) It'll kinda change your bias. With a.. better mod configuration and more experience he's better to play.

Please I love Volt a lot though I just saw the armor and wondered about a thing please don't hurt me.

You are really overestimating Volt here. He may be harder to play than the usual "Meta frames" IMHO. ES won't avoid you AoE attacks and attacks from behind (unless good placing or shielding your back), speed won't let you avoid everything, shock has still a limited number of target and the stun duration stays short and sometimes does not happen. While he IS a good frame to play, saying that Volt is easy and safe to play seems really too much, you have to pay way more attention to what is happening around you in order to avoid unpleasent surprises.

I'm assuming the player is competent when I give my analyses.  

The "Meta" frames aren't even really played, but "operated."  You input THE BEST ABILITIES which turn gameplay off and you can snooze through content.  

Didn't mean 'at the bottom' as in 'bad frame'. :) Meant at the bottom as in 'low number at this specific trait'

But as I already said, ya'll made good points! Which I didn't entirely take into consideration in my first post. I'm running with Volt more and changed my build a bit. S'all good. I had a question, had it answered, got shouted at for a bit, changed my mods and now I'm statisfied. (Though this post will probably be skipped in future replies. As such is the fate of OP posts.)

Also Einde made a good point: Volt isn't super easy to master straight off the bat. Especially when you skip all tutorials and you suck for the next five months. (I'm a terrible player. I'm sorry. I've changed my ways.) It'll kinda change your bias. With a.. better mod configuration and more experience he's better to play.

Please I love Volt a lot though I just saw the armor and wondered about a thing please don't hurt me.

If you need a build or some advices, feel free to make a thread in the Players helping Players subforum, or even PMing me or another guy.

I totally understand! I started playing as volt got 100+ hours as volt and I felt like I couldn't get anything done because once your shield goes down it is basically a one hit kill not matter your health.  Yeah he has a deployable shield but the more you use that the more you can't use your other abilites which directly kill so it's a win lose situation.  The next warframe I played was nova who has an armor rating 4.3 times volt's armor rating and half the shield capacity (yes I know armor rating doesn't affect dmg absorbed by shields) and with nova I can now solo a lot better and she doesn't even have a deployable shield!  Although I understand volt's low armor rating it and I don't think they should change his armor rating.

Edited by (XB1)Jago1400

Volt main here, just giving my two cents.

I had to re-read lol. I agree. He is more difficult to play well.

Edited by Janzer

Forum fucntion

Makes it easier to find my own posts

Otherwise id be bastet valkyr 100%

Its my most used frame and forever will be

Loi, quit making stuff up! Now get back into the Survival mission and find us something good, not another @(*()$ bundle of plastids!