Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)NearlyDedicated

The Significance Of "evolution" (Acutally, Evolysin")

Polemosomology Megathread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/317555-polemosomology-the-study-of-warframe/

A while back, I financed an in-game translation of the Tenno language. Since it has been deciphered (here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/314515-tenno-language/ ), I've gone about deciphering various Tenno glyphs. After a while, I began to notice something: the Tenno / DE have an obsession with the word "Evolution".

Here are some various examples:

Hydroid's Shoulder

fial3iB.jpg

Orokin Tileset (A doorframe in Warframe)

penMqBc.jpg

Warframe Saving Logo

ZxI9AWi.jpg

There are many more occurrences...including the name of the game's engine: Evolution 2.

So my question to the community (and potentially DE) is, what's the deal with an evolution obsession?

-NearlyDedicated, Polemosomologist

Polemosomology (n.) - Stemming from the Greek phrase for "War Body", this can be defined as the study of Warframe.

They pronounce Evolysim... yea.... ok...

I don't see the link with Evolution.

If you read about Tenno language, some letters have matching glyphs. Ultimately, Evolysim can also be Evolewtin. It's assumed the Tenno speak broken English / a futuristic version, so we can also assume Evolewtin is evolution.

Seems like the connection of clapping and a bomb going off.

No real link.

And as for the language, that is farfetched.  Even with the key, that'd be like trying to match up Japanese Romanji with the English alphabet.  And even then, what would you do if the engine was Cry-engine?

There's a difference between finding a corresponding link, and a coincidence.

If you read about Tenno language, some letters have matching glyphs. Ultimately, Evolysim can also be Evolewtin. It's assumed the Tenno speak broken English / a futuristic version, so we can also assume Evolewtin is evolution.

That is about as factual as that one code where replacing letters and adding letters to a word to make the decoded word.  Involved this one dude that apparently predicted the future, think he was french.

Want an example? The Korean word for grape is podo, pronounced slightly like poto.  Spanish word for male prostitute is puto.  Sounds very similar, don't they... Yet very different meaning.

That is about as factual as that one code where replacing letters and adding letters to a word to make the decoded word.  Involved this one dude that apparently predicted the future, think he was french.

Want an example? The Korean word for grape is podo, pronounced slightly like poto.  Spanish word for male prostitute is puto.  Sounds very similar, don't they... Yet very different meaning.

Evolution isn't the only example, though. We have a working key; that's not the problem. Glyphs can be translated to say "Haden Teno", with the same key. The key works.

The question is the reoccurring word "Evolution" and its potential significance. The Tenno are known to have spoken broken English (Ex. Haden Teno is a broken name from darkSector, being Hayden Tenno). 

Um... actually it makes Evolwsim,

It could be:

Evolysim

Ebolysim

Evonysim

Evolysin

Evolwism

Ebonysim

Ebolwsim

Ebolysin

I shall stop now... there's way to many changes

Um... actually it makes Evolwsim,

It could be:

Evolysim

Ebolysim

Evonysim

Evolysin

Evolwism

Ebonysim

Ebolwsim

Ebolysin

I shall stop now... there's way to many changes

You're right. But are any of those WORDS? No. 

The Tenno speak broken English, as proven by the surplus of readable glyphs using the same key. If you give me another English word which this could be, instead of gibberish, then I'll concede and say "huh, it could mean that too". 

...DE probably says, dang, I thought someone who saw Jesus image from, and interpreted the meaning of, the rotten cheese was the best. But this guy... he beats them all.

So it started. Oh dear ancestors I love this kind of nerdy stuffs.

Please continue. :Q

I have some other threads on the language, void glyphs, etc.

My next venture is to finance (in-game) research to see if the glyphs on a Warframe when using a power are a language. This theory stems from the Mag Prime codex entry ("...ancient symbols shimmered blue in its hand..."). Be sure to keep an eye out, Tenno! :D

Guest Tehnoobshow

Because the Orokin were big Richard Dawkins fans?

Casting aside humanity... embracing the void energies into oneself. Perhaps there is an actual transition from a Human to a Tenno, and Tenno are more than what the rest of the races are. I mean, its been said that the Warframe's powers come from the void, and Admiral (captain) Vor actually stated mid-mission that he knows the energy comes from within the Tenno inside of the Warframe.

I've seen that Glyph on EVERY BANNER inside of the dojo. Maybe its suppose to be a reminder that We (Tenno) are far greater than the Sum of Man.

You're right. But are any of those WORDS? No. 

The Tenno speak broken English, as proven by the surplus of readable glyphs using the same key. If you give me another English word which this could be, instead of gibberish, then I'll concede and say "huh, it could mean that too". 

Honestly, the more counter arguments I see about this one word, the more convinced I am that you're on to something. Multiple spellings or pronunciations, or even multiple different words can be used to describe the same concept. I trust the hard-lined key provided, as the Tenno Script does become decipherable and relevant using it. The argument that it can be spelled in different ways only serves to make the term "Evolution" seem even more important.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Casting aside humanity... embracing the void energies into oneself. Perhaps there is an actual transition from a Human to a Tenno, and Tenno are more than what the rest of the races are. I mean, its been said that the Warframe's powers come from the void, and Admiral (captain) Vor actually stated mid-mission that he knows the energy comes from within the Tenno inside of the Warframe.

I've seen that Glyph on EVERY BANNER inside of the dojo. Maybe its suppose to be a reminder that We (Tenno) are far greater than the Sum of Man.

I am ze ÜBERMENSCH!

Seems like the connection of clapping and a bomb going off.

No real link.

And as for the language, that is farfetched.  Even with the key, that'd be like trying to match up Japanese Romanji with the English alphabet.  And even then, what would you do if the engine was Cry-engine?

There's a difference between finding a corresponding link, and a coincidence.

...DE probably says, dang, I thought someone who saw Jesus image from, and interpreted the meaning of, the rotten cheese was the best. But this guy... he beats them all.

Oh god, the bad arguments are here

yTExK9p.gif

Seriously though, this is what's said on the warframes themselves, translated directly and with a cipher that works on multiple, varied occasions.

Why people venomously deny any new findings on lore, I'll never know.  But yeah, Excalibur's helmet, Shoulders, and Loki's legs also say "HADEN TENO, I'M SORY" on them. 

If that was brought up, you can guarantee more of these guys would crawl out of the woodwork.

Come on - it's clearly an insider reference to the Evolution engine put there by the devs/art team.

Trying to read more meaning into this is like trying to find the meaning of Orokitties - it's just an in-joke they put there to amuse themselves.

Although... true fans will obsess over them so maybe it's a test?!

Considering that in Dark Sector (and Warframe) there was a theme about "Evolving" humanity to an even more advanced state/being through artificial means or design... It's a fitting name.

Come on - it's clearly an insider reference to the Evolution engine put there by the devs/art team.

Trying to read more meaning into this is like trying to find the meaning of Orokitties - it's just an in-joke they put there to amuse themselves.

Trying to deny this is like saying Egyptian Heiroglyphs are just scribbles on a wall because they're not on paper.

Considering that in Dark Sector (and Warframe) there was a theme about "Evolving" humanity to an even more advanced state/being through artificial means or design... It's a fitting name.

I find that that sort of thing has always been a theme in DE's games.  Look at Pariah.

Orokitties we know to just be a joke the Map Guys threw in. These Glyphs though, they've been in warframe since the beginning (of warframe, not of darksector)

Haden Tenno's name appears EVERYWHERE, waaaaaay before the protoexcalibur skin. Its within every 6-point star that you see in the Dojo, and on Excalibur, Loki, Mag, Nekros and several other frames.

There is clearly a connection between what Tenno Are, and the Glyphs we see everywhere.

I find that that sort of thing has always been a theme in DE's games.  Look at Pariah.

Tenno'd

Well... the Tenno ARE kinda evolved over their typical human counterparts. Why the symbol would appear in the Orokin towers, though, I can't say.

Oh god, the bad arguments are here

yTExK9p.gif

Seriously though, this is what's said on the warframes themselves, translated directly and with a cipher that works on multiple, varied occasions.

Why people venomously deny any new findings on lore, I'll never know.  But yeah, Excalibur's helmet, Shoulders, and Loki's legs also say "HADEN TENO, I'M SORY" on them. 

If that was brought up, you can guarantee more of these guys would crawl out of the woodwork.

Ummm... what is that Gif from?

Evolution engine reference.

I'm curious.  Explain your train of thought that made you arrive at that conclusion.

Ummm... what is that Gif from?

The Strain.  TV show about vampires.