Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Significance Of "evolution" (Acutally, Evolysin")

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

Maybe the whole "Old War" bit was like the Atlanteans in Stargate Atlantis: You had several races of humanity fighting over this planet, and that moon all over the system. And you have the Orokin, the only race that concerned themselves with the concept of Acension; the act of forwarding Humanity down the evolutionary trail until we became something less than mortal. You have a society that is unified in its pursuit of progress, and you get more technologically advanced than the kids waving sticks at each other.

As I watched all stargate with exception for SGU I have no idea what are you talking about here :P I assume that by "Atlanteans" You mean Ancient that used to live in Atlantis city-ship or what?

[Can't recall any other possible meaning of that word in SGA and with that I can't read the sense of your post :/ ]

Another thing just popped up in my head.

All factions in Warframe are a form of "evolution"

The corpus are a form of technological advance, where their evolution lies within technology.  Their way of survival is through their tough shields and "pets:" different types of moas, the ospreys that support in one way or another.  Just look at Zunika, he's the result of Corpus research using Warframe components.  Imagine what'll happen if Alad V found out how to incorporate the technocyte virus into Zunika.

The grineers went towards the cloning process, not really survival for one, but survival of the race.  Making survival of the race a priority to the grineer would help explain why they haven't solved the problem of genetic decay from cloning.  The two queens, which I assume have the littlest amount of cloning done to preserve their superior genes, overlook everything for the entire race, the regular soldiers making up the bulk of the army, conquering land to ensure survival, etc etc.

The infested are the result of the technocyte virus craving for survival.  Just look at the ancients, instead of having attributes of either corpus or grineer like the regular infested do, they have their own unique look, they're called ancients for a reason.  Throughout their long life, they've been able to evolve into the three types that we know:  Healers, Toxic, and Disruptors.  Healers are quite possibly infested grineers that have lasted longer than they should have.  By making them healers, they'd reverse the genetic decay by filling in the gaps with the technocyte virus, and even further evolving into beings that can heal via the virus.  Disruptors probably came up for the need to deal with the Corpus, seeing as the Corpus are very technologically dependent.  One way or another, the virus could turn the device that produces the shields into something that can deliver an EMP-like shock that disables any electronics upon touch.  Toxins are possibly the eldest of the ancients, hence why we don't see them until higher levels in the game.  Their age would result in the forever decay and regeneration of the infested, thus the toxic gases are produced.

The tenno, in a way, are a mix of all three.  We've evolved technologically by making better weapons than just the glaive.  We've ensured the survival of the "race" by following under a "queen," the Lotus.  We've evolved biologically, resulting in the number of warframe variations that we have.  

Edit: I need to stop making such long posts....

Mind. F**king. BLOWN.

please continue to make long posts, that was quite a good read.

+1

And it made me realize something, i may need to check after school today... but I'm not sure the 6-point Haden Tenno glyph is on ANY of the Prime Warframes. Maybe this further alludes to the  points Morc0 brought up about the Tenno rebellion. They followed the Orokin until The First decided that wasnt what was best for the Tenno anymore.

Please get back to us with this as soon as possible, I am DESPERATE to know if I'm right. I know there's some writing on Loki Prime's left leg, but I can't tell what it is. May not be anything even.

The jump to evolution seems pretty reasonable to me, especially when you look at the other examples of Orokin writing throughout the Dojo. For instance, all the doors and many of the consoles can be translated using the key the community has compiled:

• Dojo Observatory console: "INFORMASIN" - "Information"
  • Dojo Research Lab consoles: "KUNTROL" - "Control"
  • Grineer Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ GRINIR" - "Research Grineer"
  • Corpus Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ CORPIS" - "Research Corpus"
  • Infested Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ INFESTED" - "Research Infested"
  • Teno Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ TENO" - "Research Teno"
  • Guild Hall door: "GIRT (or GURT) HALL" - "Guild Hall"
  • Dojo Observatory door: "OBSYVYTORY" - "Observatory"
  • Dojo elevator door: "ELEVATOR"

The language definitely has some differences in spelling when you look at "rysearj" = research and "obsyvytory" = observatory. Then there's "elevator" and "infested" which translate perfectly and give some credence to the validity of the key.  

The jump to evolution seems pretty reasonable to me, especially when you look at the other examples of Orokin writing throughout the Dojo. For instance, all the doors and many of the consoles can be translated using the key the community has compiled:

• Dojo Observatory console: "INFORMASIN" - "Information"
  • Dojo Research Lab consoles: "KUNTROL" - "Control"
  • Grineer Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ GRINIR" - "Research Grineer"
  • Corpus Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ CORPIS" - "Research Corpus"
  • Infested Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ INFESTED" - "Research Infested"
  • Teno Research Lab door: "RYSEARJ TENO" - "Research Teno"
  • Guild Hall door: "GIRT (or GURT) HALL" - "Guild Hall"
  • Dojo Observatory door: "OBSYVYTORY" - "Observatory"
  • Dojo elevator door: "ELEVATOR"

The language definitely has some differences in spelling when you look at "rysearj" = research and "obsyvytory" = observatory. Then there's "elevator" and "infested" which translate perfectly and give some credence to the validity of the key.  

See?  The cypher works.

Anyway, one thing I noticed on the dojo banner that seems to be unique to it is the little squiggly bit in front of "evolysim", it's actually another bit of orokin writing. The first and third letters are clear, R and D, but I can't figure what the middle one is, though it's almost certainly a vowel and looks like either an "i" or "e". Rid evolysim? Red evolysim? Not sure what either would mean. 

As I watched all stargate with exception for SGU I have no idea what are you talking about here :P I assume that by "Atlanteans" You mean Ancient that used to live in Atlantis city-ship or what?

[Can't recall any other possible meaning of that word in SGA and with that I can't read the sense of your post :/ ]

Yeah, the Ancients. I forgot what they called them in-universe (pun not intended). When they werent concerned about survival, and wars, and replicants, and wraiths, they where all about Ascension. Even left several pockets of spacetime around their galaxy to give them more time to meditate and work towards the concept.

Well guys, in these days I'm building my own Dojo. I was walking around in some rooms to check things when I noticed that the word 'Evolysim' is on every banner and on the laboratories walls too. 

Banners:

2rein8x.jpg

Energy Lab:

2v31oh2.jpg

Chem Lab:

2ipw9e.jpg

Bio Lab:

2924e2s.jpg

Orokin Lab:

2rdbwxc.jpg

I cannot check other rooms now because I have to go to bed. Do it for me please. 

It's that banner one that has a little extra bit of text in front of it, wish I could figure out exactly what it says or why it'd even be there since none of the possibilities seem very meaningful! It seems to be "rid", "red", or "rad"

Well guys, in these days I'm building my own Dojo. I was walking around in some rooms to check things when I noticed that the word 'Evolysim' is on every banner and on the laboratories walls too. 

Banners:

2rein8x.jpg

And?  What of the fact that the theme of evolution appears in Warframe's predecessor, Dark Sector?  What of the words "HADEN TENO" that appear on many tenno glyphs?

That is also quite complicated.

You see, the words "HADEN TENO" are a little-known reference to Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector.

Edited by Nitresco

IMHO the "Evolysim" glyph word is more about the Orokin Empire than the Tenno themselves.

I'm fairly certain that the Orokin are simply a small group of augmented humans who re-created humanity from the rubble of the post-Dark-Sector-Technocyte-apocalypse. They are the "Agency Futurist Council" augmented with the technocyte living metal (Not the virus itself but the purified by-product of it) (Ref: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/ )

So you have Paranoid geniuses with unbounded hubris who remade humanity to their own design. I'd say that such a group would use "Evolution" as a prime moniker to describe their society.

IMHO the "Evolysim" glyph word is more about the Orokin Empire than the Tenno themselves.

I'm fairly certain that the Orokin are simply a small group of augmented humans who re-created humanity from the rubble of the post-Dark-Sector-Technocyte-apocalypse. They are the "Agency Futurist Council" augmented with the technocyte living metal (Not the virus itself but the purified by-product of it) (Ref: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/ )

So you have Paranoid geniuses with unbounded hubris who remade humanity to their own design. I'd say that such a group would use "Evolution" as a prime moniker to describe their society.

But wouldn't it be hubris unbounded for the Orokin to pronounce to their vassals how they were tirelessly endeavoring to "improve" them?

Edited by ElHefe

If this is correct (and I'm inclined to believe it is), it's an eerie similarity between the Orokin printing "evolution" everywhere, and the Grineer plastering "viktory is destiny" on every wall they can find. 

If this is correct (and I'm inclined to believe it is), it's an eerie similarity between the Orokin printing "evolution" everywhere, and the Grineer plastering "viktory is destiny" on every wall they can find. 

That was my point exactly ... "Evolution" is a mantra for the Orokin, perhaps the foundational concept of their whole society

Something like Augments (Khan Noonien Singh) from the Eugenics Wars of Star Trek

Edited by ElHefe

That was my point exactly ... "Evolution" is a mantra for the Orokin, perhaps the foundational concept of their whole society

Something like Augments (Khan Noonien Singh) from the Eugenics Wars of Star Trek

I'd say "evolution" is quite possibly an even more ominous mantra than that. At first glance it seems quite positive, but there are some darker undertones of Social Darwinism and worse that go along with something like that. 

I'd say "evolution" is quite possibly an even more ominous mantra than that. At first glance it seems quite positive, but there are some darker undertones of Social Darwinism and worse that go along with something like that. 

Oh I agree ... "Be afraid, very afraid" should be on everyone's mind when dealing with nearly omnipotent fanatics as the Orokin probably were

are teh warframes the only thing seperating Tenno from Corpus?

I'd say the Void taint is the only thing separating the Tenno from humanity in general, including the Red-veil and the Corpus. The Void-taint is what allows them to pilot Warframes, and what allowed them to use that technology to fight the Sentients (The Void energy disrupted whatever control the Sentients could normally exert on Orokin Tech) Hence the Tenno had shields, powered armour and Orokin mods in their weapons (All powered by their "furious light") and the frontline soldiers of the Orokin military simply had chemical-slugthrowers, melee and suits containing "zero tech"

Edited by SilentMobius

It's that banner one that has a little extra bit of text in front of it, wish I could figure out exactly what it says or why it'd even be there since none of the possibilities seem very meaningful! It seems to be "rid", "red", or "rad"

Isn't that the same shape as on Hydroid's shoulders (front)? I was wondering about that before, because it doesn't look like it contains any of the vowels found in the language key.

Edited by Kontrollo

perhaps then its "Rid Evolution" on tenno banners. As they are trying to distance themselves from the Orokin Fanatic philosophy 

So far, this theory has been my favorite, but now I'm worried because the phrase "Rid Evolution" sounds just as ominous as an "Evolution". You could interpret it as "Stop Advancement". But maybe I'm just tainted with the thoughts of Anti-Spirals.

Another thought popped up while I was in class.

I haven't read up on the Old War, but what if the Old War was a civil war among the Orokin?  The Corpus being the faction of Orokin that wanted to advance (or from one of the other posts I've read "ascend) their race through technology, the Grineer being the faction that didn't care for evolution, merely the survival of the species, and the infested being a faction of the Orokin that tried to speed up the natural order of evolution with the technocyte virus, and the Tenno being the "police" of the Orokins with some sort of leader figure like the Lotus.

It's a stretch, yes, but it does help explain why the best of Corpus weaponry is more technological than anything (Zunika, Raptor, etc.)  It also explains why Alad V focused so much on integrating Warframe technology into their own (results being Valkyr and Zunika and the harvesters) along with the event that DE did for a short time where we saw copies of the Harvester model being engulfed by infested bio-mass (Alad V probably trying to integrate the technocyte virus and warframe technology together like the Tenno.)  But why do we stop him?  If I remember correctly, the Lotus once said that we must maintain balance, balance between what?  The corpus and grineer?  Why?  If the reason being was that they were the Orokin deep down, it may explain it.  If the Grineer race were to make themselves into the Corpus way of life, they might naturally devolve due to being dependent on technology.  If the Corpus were to adopt the Grineer ways, the genetic decay might make their lifespans even lower until they can't sustain themselves anymore.

Skipping the grineer for a bit, the technocyte virus could be of Orokin origin (or at least somehow modified by the Orokin,) it would explain how the Tenno and corrupted units in the void came to be.  Firstly, we all know that the Tenno are those that can "control" the technocyte virus (not sure if it is control or maintain or handle) wearing the warframe suits to channel the energy given by the virus (source is Vor's dialogue from Prologue, he does say/infer that the warframe are the medium for the energy of the void or something like that.)  What if the technocyte virus could control the user?  We have two cases of such: the corrupted units (the orokin has succeeded in making the technocyte virus able to enhance the recipient, but at the cost of "control") and the infested (failed experiments that were cast aside for new subjects.)  Just think of Frankenstein's monster and it should piece together.  The perfected virus could enhance those that "accepted" it (by force) but at the same time altering the minds of those who received it to think as though they were the Orokin themselves (explains why a corrupted Grineer isn't shooting the corrupted Corpus.)  As for the infested, failed virus, survival is a natural instinct.  The Orokin who tried to perfect the virus could've been overrun by the virus when it became too much to handle, hence, derelict ships were made.  This also falls in line with the infestations we see happening from time to time.  Let's say that every infestation we get is a derelict ship crashing onto the planet that it... infests.  Since the Tenno are the only "race" that isn't infested that are resistant to the technocyte virus, they are the only ones that can eradicate the infestation, hence the reason why infestation is in the game (and "police" of the Orokin would make sense because of this.)

Now the grineer, in my opinon, they're the most relatable to the Tenno in terms of... "culture."  They both follow a leader/leaders, Tenno being Lotus and Grineer being the 2 queens.  If they were the Orokin most concerned with the survival of the race, it'd make sense for them to adopt the "hierarchy" of the Tenno (I mean, look how long they've lasted.)  Having a direct leader like the 2 queens disallows any arguments among the race (like how the Orokin were to evolve or "ascend") similar to how the Lotus assigns the Tenno to support a specific faction in an invasion except with the Tenno, they choose sides (it is a bit of a stretch, but with the theory of "police" of the Orokin, this actually makes sense.)

For now that is what I can think of, if I think up of something more, I'll post.

Edit: one last thing, since the Tenno are technically the "perfectly evolved Orokin," it'd make sense to place them as the police/military.

Edit #2: Got back from class and thought that if the virus was of Orokin origin, it'd also explain the unique look and "title" of the ancients, they're called ancients for a reason.

Edited by xFayt