Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Significance Of "evolution" (Acutally, Evolysin")

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

Isn't that the same shape as on Hydroid's shoulders (front)? I was wondering about that before, because it doesn't look like it contains any of the vowels found in the language key.

I've been looking at it again and...

... this is quite far-fetched, but if that symbol is not an R combined with a vowel but the vowel itself, the closest we have to it in the key is the A. Also, we can identify the D quite clearly in the overall shape, so we can see the angle/direction and that it's not mirrored. Then there's also that straight line in front of the supposed A with a valid angle/direction. If that's not (fully) ornamental, it could be an M, T or H (probably not, due to size). Therefore: "mad", "tad" (or "had").

Looking at it for a bit longer, I'm pretty sure the T is correct. Doesn't make much sense, though. :-/

Another thought popped up while I was in class.

I haven't read up on the Old War, but what if the Old War was a civil war among the Orokin?  The Corpus being the faction of Orokin that wanted to advance (or from one of the other posts I've read "ascend) their race through technology, the Grineer being the faction that didn't care for evolution, merely the survival of the species, and the infested being a faction of the Orokin that tried to speed up the natural order of evolution with the technocyte virus, and the Tenno being the "police" of the Orokins with some sort of leader figure like the Lotus.

The "Old War" was between the Orokin Empire and the Sentients. The Sentient attack troops would "swarm" and either their tech or bare physicality had a "faceted eye" capable of unleashing a beam that would destroy a Warframe. They used "Worm ships" and were present in a non-Sol system with a blue sun. Also there is no evidence that the Corpus and Grineer Existed during the Orokin Era. In fact most of their history strongly suggests that they came into being over the hundreds of years since the fall of the Orokin. For example:

The corpus is a Merchant Cult, built on the foundation of salvaged technology and Robotics.
They scavenge the outer systems, greedy for the Old War salvage. Their most sought after of all - the Tenno and their WARFRAME armor.
Those captured are treated as salvage; meticulously dissected, integrated. The remains are sold to the highest bidder.

This strongly indicates that the Corpus as a cult did not exist prior to there being Technology to salvage. I.E. Well after the end of the Old War

The Tenno were not "Police" they were void-powered smart-bombs, a last-ditch attempt to turn void-twisted-rejects into something capable of fighting the Sentients.

I suggest reading the Excalibur/Mag/Ember/Stalker codex entries, doing the Mirage quest and fighting Lephantis for the lore on this topic.
Edited by SilentMobius

Edited post to reflect new information :D

I didn't really get that vibe from the ember codex. More of just a normal military bureaucracy vibe. 

Military instructed to ignore mass experiments on children IMHO.

Pretty much what Mobius said. A lot of people think that the old woman that speaks to Kaleen is one of her commanders, but I don't see that myself. I think the old woman, and the other two figures (who I think get overlooked 'cause they say nothing), are Orokin who called in Kaleen to speak with her personally.

Please get back to us with this as soon as possible, I am DESPERATE to know if I'm right. I know there's some writing on Loki Prime's left leg, but I can't tell what it is. May not be anything even.

KK, on the 6-Point Hayden Tenno star on the prime frames:

I can confirm, 100% that it is NOT present on Rhino, Excalibur, Frost, and Ember Prime.

It IS however dead-center on Mag Prime's Back.

i unfortunately do not yet own Nyx or Loki prime so I cant confirm its presence on those two Primeframes.

(This one:)

ARwyU9q.jpg

Pretty much what Mobius said. A lot of people think that the old woman that speaks to Kaleen is one of her commanders, but I don't see that myself. I think the old woman, and the other two figures (who I think get overlooked 'cause they say nothing), are Orokin who called in Kaleen to speak with her personally.

I suppose. When I read it, I got the impression it was a behind-closed-doors type military thing, but I can see an Orokin coming down in person to cover it up.

The "Old War" was between the Orokin Empire and the Sentients. The Sentient attack troops would "swarm" and either their tech or bare physicality had a "faceted eye" capable of unleashing a beam that would destroy a Warframe. They used "Worm ships" and were present in a non-Sol system with a blue sun. Also there is no evidence that the Corpus and Grineer Existed during the Orokin Era. In fact most of their history strongly suggests that they came into being over the hundreds of years since the fall of the Orokin.

The Tenno were not "Police" there were void-powered smart-bombs, a last-ditch attempt to turn void-twisted-rejects into something capable of fighting the Sentients.

I suggest reading the Excalibur/Mag/Ember/Stalker codex entries, doing the Mirage quest and fighting Lephantis for the lore on this topic.

Yeah, I thought the theory about the Old War was a really long stretch, but the Corpus and Grineer might still be able to stand.

I really need to get some background on some of these topics.

But for now the Massacre of the Orokin, when Lotus ordered us to kill the Orokin.  At least I think it was Lotus that ordered us to.  If some of the Orokin managed to survive the onslaught, they might've, in a sense, "evolved" into these two factions.  It makes especially more sense with the Grineer if they were to make the survival of the race the highest priority, completely disregarding genetic decay from the cloning.  It would also be the reason why Alad V has such a strong desire to harvest the Tenno for "research."

Other than that, I'll be reading some of the entries before I say anything else.

Edit: Just read the quote after posting, this might support what I'm saying here at the same time go against it.  Also wanted to mention that it would help explain why the Stalker is taking revenge for the Tenno killing Grineer and Corpus bosses.

Edited by xFayt

I can confirm, 100% that it is NOT present on Rhino, Excalibur, Frost, and Ember Prime.

i unfortunately do not yet own Nyx or Loki prime so I cant confirm its presence on those two Primeframes.

ARwyU9q.jpg

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Yep, just filed those theories i had into the trashcan....

wait

just checked the codex... Loki and Nyx prime are clear of the mark.

Mag Prime is the ONLY one with it, and her codex entry puts the original Mag Prime as being active DURING the war.... perhaps this is when Tenno first considered the idea of splitting from the Orokin?

ARwyU9q.jpg

I can confirm that that symbol does not appear on Loki Prime. There appears to be writing of some sort on his inner thigh, but I cannot read it due to angle and it being very small.

Edit: there is some writing on his back as well. Same problem as above.

Edited by vaugahn

Well I more got the feeling that Kaleen was military and the old woman was "Gestapo" with the Orokin being the "Fuhrers" of the Empire .

I still think we have tes to have a single actual Orokin in any of the Codex entries, save the Stalker.

Edit: Just read the quote after posting, this might support what I'm saying here at the same time go against it.  Also wanted to mention that it would help explain why the Stalker is taking revenge for the Tenno killing Grineer and Corpus bosses.

IMHO the Orokin are just the rulers of the Empire, humanity were the subjects. Humanity went to fend for itself after the Orokin were wiped out. The lack of understanding of Orokin tech suggests to me that no Orokin survived to communicate with these factions.

I believe the stalker is simply viewing the Tenno from the position of betrayers of the Orokin Empire, whenever the Tenno eliminate a "Boss" they are essentially killing an Orokin creation(Phorid/Lephantis) or an Orokin Empire subject (Grineer/Corpus) or Equipment that rightfully should belong to the Orokin (Ambulas/Raptor) then are compounding their betrayal and draw the attention of the Stalker.

IMHO the Orokin are just the rulers of the Empire, humanity were the subjects. Humanity went to fend for itself after the Orokin were wiped out. The lack of understanding of Orokin tech suggests to me that no Orokin survived to communicate with these factions.

I believe the stalker is simply viewing the Tenno from the position of betrayers of the Orokin Empire, whenever the Tenno eliminate a "Boss" they are essentially killing an Orokin creation(Phorid/Lephantis) or an Orokin Empire subject (Grineer/Corpus) or Equipment that rightfully should belong to the Orokin (Ambulas/Raptor) then are compounding their betrayal and draw the attention of the Stalker.

What about the derelict ships then? It's either Stalker failed to protect them or they were overrun before the massacre.  Right now, I'm too tired and sleepy to think about this.  Will pick this up tomorrow after class though.

everything in Warframe has a definite bias toward biological progression (including Corpus, who definitely (in this light), point towards the Singularity as a means of existential advance), which is essentialy a tactful way of illustrating the effects of evolution ( have to think a little more on what exactly DE may be wanting to say; this is a work of art after all).

There is a lot of stuff in Warframe that points toward something approaching zen, nirvana, or a similar concept that at least concerns those themes.

Looking at it this way definitely makes Warframe feel a lot darker (or just deeper) then its marketing would suggest. I now have high hopes for what DE has in store for this game. thanks OP.

Edited by Legion-Shields

everything in Warframe has a definite bias toward biological progression (including Corpus, who definitely (in this light), point towards the Singularity as a means of existential advance), which is essentialy a tactful way of illustrating the effects of evolution ( have to think a little more on what exactly DE may be wanting to say; this is a work of art after all).

There is a lot of stuff in Warframe that points toward something approaching zen, nirvana, or a similar concept that at least concerns those themes.

Looking at it this way definitely makes Warframe feel a lot darker (or just deeper) then its marketing would suggest. I now have high hopes for what DE has in store for this game. thanks OP.

Just watching and reading Steve Sinclair interviews alone has convinced me that Warframe capable of "high level" science fiction

Interesting you should arrive at Ray Kurzweil's concept ... Silent Mobius did the same in another thread while examining the idea of "Void imprint"