Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyrana

BadSkag

I personally think that making Akimbo versions of single weapons isn't all that interesting. I guess I like single-variants more.

In terms of actual weapon mechanics, I think an inherent problem with an AkPyrana would be the hellacious recoil that two of them would bring. Also the reload (assuming it's simply doubled) would be around 4 seconds. It's currently got a 2 second reload, and doubled that would be 4. Even assuming they dock the reload a bit, It'll have around a 3 to 3.5 second reload, which people usually can't stand. Hell, people usually hate reloads above 2.8s, especially when the magazine size is going to be 10 rounds.

But I have a feeling most people wouldn't like an AkPyrana because, if the current trend holds, it'll take 1 forma for each Pyrana you make, with the possibility of another forma or an Orokin cell to put them together. Also, I hardly see people use the Pyrana these days, much less a dual version.

Edited by Otenko

i don't feel like Papaya gun (Pyrana) is a Weapon that's begging for a dual.

some Weapons, when you use them, are just crying out for a Dual. like Machine Pistols, those always just beg you to have two of them for more supressive fire.

but Papaya gun feels right at home as a single Sidearm, if you ask me. it has fairly good Damage, has Crit Stats, has moderate Status, it functions well.

and i think the 5rd Magazine and moderate Reload makes it more flexible in combat that a dual spraying version of it.

I personally think that making Akimbo versions of single weapons isn't all that interesting. I guess I like single-variants more.

In terms of actual weapon mechanics, I think an inherent problem with an AkPyrana would be the hellacious recoil that two of them would bring. Also the reload (assuming it's simply doubled) would be around 4 seconds. It's currently got a 2 second reload, and doubled that would be 4. Even assuming they dock the reload a bit, It'll have around a 3 to 3.5 second reload, which people usually can't stand. Hell, people usually hate reloads above 2.8s, especially when the magazine size is going to be 10 rounds.

But I have a feeling most people wouldn't like an AkPyrana because, if the current trend holds, it'll take 1 forma for each Pyrana you make, with the possibility of another forma or an Orokin cell to put them together. Also, I hardly see people use the Pyrana these days, much less a dual version.

agreed

Well, I for one am happy to admit that I would love to see Akpyrana.

I strongly second. Haters don't need to use it if it they don't want it and they can just suck it up if it kills their precious Marelok Brakk master race security blanket.

Bring on Akpyrana! It has been a long time since DE has Akimbofied an existing weapon (if memory serves, the last akimbo gun was AkZani - and those didn't even have a single version). 

The Pyrana is a powerful weapon-- it has potential, but on its own it doesn't make all that much of a mark. It just doesn't differentiate itself from other weapons enough. I've used it on and off since it came out, and I've grown to like it more than I used to, but I struggle to see what niche it holds aside from being Slash-based. That difference in physical damage types just isn't enough to make it more useful than the Brakk or a better proc-gun than the AkBronco Prime, though it is significantly easier to get.

I don't know what an Akpyrana would be like. I'd like to see them because they definitely bring more potential, but I also see how it could have problems of its own. It really depends on how they'd decide to do it. Spending another Forma isn't really something crazy since there are already weapons that require two Forma to craft, like the Synapse.