Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How Should I Mod Both Zephyr And Oberon?

OverlordMcGeek

Question

Had oberon forever but waited until the buff that makes him now one of the best frames IMO. So how to build him now?

I ask since I wanted to forma the hell out of him. I am leaning to power reduction since his 4th is mostly used to blind and proc for me. Maybe add strenght too, saw on teh wiki that full 1st does 1k or something. Not a clue what I have on him. I am typing from a college computer. at this moment.

Zephyr I have been using for turbulence and nothing else. Her 1st has replaced my jump button. I have literally never touched her 4th after getting so annoyed by others using it. For her I got Redirection, Constitution, continuity and those other 2 and randoms on her.

11 answers to this question

For my Zephyr, I have (in this order for Dark sectors too),

Energy Siphon

Vigor
Turbulence

Continuity

Redirection

Streamline

Intensify

Tailwind

Dive Bomb

Flow

Tornado

This loadout I've found allows you to use all her abilities effectively, and with nearly no hindrance. Range is pointless really for a rounded build, as it's only really got a good effect on Turbulence, and even then, Turbulence was nerfed so that only shots past 25m (at max, and for hitscan), are 100% redirected, anything closer, just has an accuracy debuff.

For Oberon, I use the following:

Steel Charge (may switch to Energy Siphon in the future, may not)

Equilibrium (mine is one from the top, planning on maxing it eventually)

Continuity

Streamline (one from the top)

Fleeting Expertise (one from the top)

Hallowed Ground

Renewal

Intensify

Vitality (maxed)

Stretch

Reckoning

This build gives you durability, the ability to quickly respond to teammates taking damage or downed, in addition to giving you decent damage.

I don't know from Zephyr. Didn't really like playing her. 

Can't speak for Oberon, I don't have him potatoed, but I do very well with my Zephyr

Corrosive Projection <--- requires forma

Tailwind

Dive Bomb

Turbulence

Tornado

Continuity

Constitution

Overextended

Stretch

Flow

Vitality

I regularly carry people to 80 minutes of T4 Survival, and if the whole team is good it's easy to go 80+ (Given that everyone is running Corrosive Projection and Viral weapons.)

That post earlier about Turbulence being nerfed might look bad on paper, but in practice it's still beast, and protects everyone nearly 30 feet around you. It's basically a portable Snow Globe.

Here are the builds I use on them.

Oberon:

dH6EAsn.png

Really love the max efficiency on him as I use Reckoning more due to the CC than the damage, yet the damage is almost untouched.

Zephyr:

5EA8Snc.png

For this one I decided to go with full duration and range.

I have my Redirection at rank 8, a Fleeting Expertise at 3 (70% efficiency when paired with maxed Streamline) and use my Narrowminded at rank 6 and I could fit everything in one forma, higher rank mods would need (at least) another one.

Edited by xlraistlx

For Zephyr, if all you're going to use is Turbulence, it's a corrupted mod fiesta.

Fleeting Expertise (rank 3)

Streamline

That gets your power efficiency to 70% which is almost capped, with a 40% loss in duration.   Then,

Narrow Minded

Continuity

To crank the duration and

Overextended

Stretch

To get the range out far enough to be useful against hitscan type weapons in a lot of situations.

You will need forma, and LOTS of mod fusion to make this work.  Long term investment for sure. End result is a Zephyr that has a very cheap, very long lasting Turbulence with enough range to protect you and everybody/everything near you...  Just watch out for those grenades and other AOE type garbage being chucked in your direction.

I regularly carry people to 80 minutes of T4 Survival, and if the whole team is good it's easy to go 80+ (Given that everyone is running Corrosive Projection and Viral weapons.)

That post earlier about Turbulence being nerfed might look bad on paper, but in practice it's still beast, and protects everyone nearly 30 feet around you. It's basically a portable Snow Globe.

So your role in the party is a substitute for Disarm Loki to keep the team alive? Interesting, might have to look more into it.

For Oberon, Rage-Vitality-Flow-Renewal makes for an interesting healer shell. From there it depends on whether you want more focus on damage or utility. Blind Rage makes Reckoning a powerful CC ability while moderately benefitting Renewal. The problem is Fleeting Expertise really stretches out the regeneration span, and no FE makes Reckoning awfully expensive. Counteracting it with Narrow Minded makes Renewal very powerful, but Reckoning has a small AoE as it.

On top of the shell mentioned above, I run Stretch, Fleeting Expertise,Blind Rage, and Streamline with Reckoning and Smite for damage; for utility, I go for Fleeting Expertise, Intensify, Narrow Minded, Rush (Renewal is pretty bad if you're far away) and Smite/Hallowed Ground.

Edited by Spacetimer