Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Buff To The Braton Prime

Semshol

Doesnt mean those of us with a Vandal should be left out, considering the prime and vandal are *almost* equivalents atm.

Of course not, but that would probably have to be in a separate thread. The primary focus of this one was the prime and I figure they'd balance that first then sort out the rest.

Prime is something obtainable by everyone, Vandal is exclusive so the prime may need to be balanced first so people don't completely forget about the braton series x'D

I don't get how this hasn't become a thing already.  There are tons of community threads. It's been mentioned on live streams.  I'm almost honestly surprised that there aren't Canadian players camped out on DE's lawn with picket signs and "BUFF TEH BRATONZ" T-shirts. 

I don't get how this hasn't become a thing already.  There are tons of community threads. It's been mentioned on live streams.  I'm almost honestly surprised that there aren't Canadian players camped out on DE's lawn with picket signs and "BUFF TEH BRATONZ" T-shirts. 

LOL, oh man, I could totally see myself in that!

I really don't see any changes dropping with U15 or any time soon, for that matter. And while the braton is on my top of my list as far as prefered buffs, I would still like to see an overall balancing of the weapons. 

In the meantime, I'll just try to use it on mirage with a maxed out power build. 

Well even if people did march it probably wouldn't do much x'D

We just have to wait and keep hope alive <3

LOL, oh man, I could totally see myself in that!

I really don't see any changes dropping with U15 or any time soon, for that matter. And while the braton is on my top of my list as far as prefered buffs, I would still like to see an overall balancing of the weapons. 

In the meantime, I'll just try to use it on mirage with a maxed out power build. 

Tried it, it still falls way short, I mean you could practically throw on a Soma and get twice the DPS lol. Grakata about 1.5 with double the status proc chance.

So yeaaaah, even Grakata wins x'D

Overall balance doesn't matter that much. Weapons are meant to be cycled through as you grow and different possibilities present themselves.

The problem with the Braton Prime is its power is way out of whack compared to the difficulty in obtaining it. It's a T3 weapon with damage ouput comparable to the first weapons a new Tenno will build. No other weapon in the game suffers from this issue. Just the BratonP. I don't have an issue with the BratonP having poor damage. I do have an issue with a T3 weapon doing poor damage.

Also, recall that the Grakata received very substantial buffs not too long ago. Again, we have an example of a weapon any new Tenno can build, but which substantially eclipses a T3 weapon in damage output. Granted, this requires more than a few forma and a certain depth of mod availability, but it is another example of the fundamental issue with the BratonP.

The Braton Prime is infernior to the Boltor Prime in almost every single way :|

Hence why it needs a buff, not to bring it on par, but to give it a unique niche. Boltor Prime is good for raw damage,  but at higher tiers we all care more about status lol.

I really hope they buff the Braton Prime it's not really a good weapon for being a prime.

Anyway bumping to keep the dream alive.

Thanks for helping to keep the dream alive ^^

Well, almost is everything is inferior to the Boltor Prime, the problem with Braton prime is that it's actually inferior to many primaries, and some secondaries outright destroy it. 

Agreed, it needs to be made a passable weapon, since it is a prime after all.

Braton Prime is one of my fav. weapons, but sadly it really needs a buff. Even with 6 forma its damage cant be more than decent. 

I like its sound too, but I can't really bring it anywhere because yes, it really is that bad and there will be others that do a better job.

I don't want to bring the Boltor Prime into this. It is what it is. I don't expect this gun to be on that level of performance (now a Soma Prime...well...).

The issue is the Braton Prime and both how it compares to other primes and how it compares to more pedestrian weapons that don't have a T3 key component. The latter is the real issue.

A six forma Braton Prime isn't weak. It tops out around 11k dps. That's not bad. The problem is its two stablemates, the Burston Prime and Latron Prime, top out a lot higher. A 4 forma Burston Prime has about 50% more dps. That's a glaring gap. Worse, for all the work in a six forma BratonP, you can get the same performance from a six forma Karak, but without having to deal with T3 keys.

Tiberon killed Burston Prime.

Lol Tiberon killed nothing. The Burston is still miles better. Try them both side by side, burston bro will come out on top

Do you even proc, brah? :P

But really, burston with viral proc is good for end game stuff.

Too true x'D

I don't want to bring the Boltor Prime into this. It is what it is. I don't expect this gun to be on that level of performance (now a Soma Prime...well...).

The issue is the Braton Prime and both how it compares to other primes and how it compares to more pedestrian weapons that don't have a T3 key component. The latter is the real issue.

A six forma Braton Prime isn't weak. It tops out around 11k dps. That's not bad. The problem is its two stablemates, the Burston Prime and Latron Prime, top out a lot higher. A 4 forma Burston Prime has about 50% more dps. That's a glaring gap. Worse, for all the work in a six forma BratonP, you can get the same performance from a six forma Karak, but without having to deal with T3 keys.

It tops out at 9k actually if you follow my style of building, because punch-through is a necessity on all weapons. It is a damage multiplier when crowds come at you, as is the natural case. Either way, buffening is needed

Time to bump and keep zee hope alive ^^