Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk-Crit Or Flat Damage?

TruthSetAblaze

Question

I've tested both. They both are effective. It's hard to tell what's more effective when it one hit KO's almost everything in both builds. It's always nice to see those big numbers with the crit build though.

Having the two crit mods on makes you sacrifice one elemental card and a physical damage (impact probably) card but it will still allow one elemental combo with all the essentials still there.

Just asking if anyone's done the math on what's optimal on this particular weapon.

6 answers to this question

Without doing the math, the easiest way to test it is most likely to use it in a high wave T4D.However, if you want to see the actually numbers just Google for a mod building site.

So according to the mod builder's math, in an optimal build with crit I'll be doing 7834 dmg per shot and with the flat damage I would be doing 7401 dmg per shot.

So it seems crit is a little better for the Brakk.

me personally I use straight damage build.....and It works for (((me))) in t4 missions....havent had a problem with it yet....until like later waves 35-so on...it starts to fall off...but still does quite a significant amount of damage.......but its all about you testing it for yourself and go with what you like...

Flat damage is the way to go.

Crit works after a fashion, but damage becomes very spiky since it still has a relatively low crit rate. If you just want to see "OMG numbers!", then it obviously serves its purpose. Over time, however, focused elemental damage wins out on consistency of damage output.  

Flat damage is the way to go.

Crit works after a fashion, but damage becomes very spiky since it still has a relatively low crit rate. If you just want to see "OMG numbers!", then it obviously serves its purpose. Over time, however, focused elemental damage wins out on consistency of damage output.  

My previous post is on average damage per shot (taking into account the crit chance/crit damage on each shot). Both of the numbers are as consistent a number as you're gonna get. The only thing is the crit damage relies more on the physical damage on the gun and that could be problematic. We'll see what I like.