Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Community Event] Ancient Shapes: An Open Study Into Warframe Power Glyphs

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

it appears all frames do do this, and ONLY when they use an ability, i haven't found any other triggers for them

NOTE: I have not yet checked the Vor's prize quest line, they may appear

NOTE: they do no coincide with Channeling lines

NOTE ON IMMORTALITY: Immortal skins seem to negate these "power lines" (tested on oberon and Volt) implying that they are some how more opaque than normal skins, however  (no duh coming up) they have much more usage of the Accent 4 tone, which is overridden by Energy Tone when channeling, leading me to believe that the Immortal skins are related to melee.

NOTE ON EXCLUSIVITY: Excalibur prime does not display the markings when using powers. Unable to test Proto armor

Edited by RoboticApplesWithLasers

it appears all frames do do this, and ONLY when they use an ability, i haven't found any other triggers for them

NOTE ON IMMORTALITY: Immortal skins seem to negate these "power lines" (tested on oberon and Volt) implying that they are some how more opaque than normal skins, however  (no duh coming up) they have much more usage of the Accent 4 tone, which is overridden by Energy Tone when channeling, leading me to believe that the Immortal skins are related to melee.

NOTE ON EXCLUSIVITY: Excalibur prime DOES NOT demonstrate these markings.  unable to check proto armor( Thanks to Haree for the study participation.

accidently Quoted instead of Editing, could a Mod please remove this post?

Edited by RoboticApplesWithLasers

NOTE ON EXCLUSIVITY: Excalibur prime does not display the markings when using powers. Unable to test Proto armor

I can confirm it doesn't appear on the Proto-armor - but I believe this is because the Proto armor represents Hayden Tenno, who made no use of the Warframes (only a proto Warframe, which was probably made differently, being hundreds of years old and all).

I can confirm it doesn't appear on the Proto-armor - but I believe this is because the Proto armor represents Hayden Tenno, who made no use of the Warframes (only a proto Warframe, which was probably made differently, being hundreds of years old and all).

Hayden tenno's suit was literally a growth after he was infected by technocyte. The warframes were built to contain similar afflictions.

My submission:

There isn't a lot yet because it's late here and I'm feeling lazy but i already have a few theories concerning booben and volt. Thoughts will be added tomorrow ^^; Have tried out a few warframes but these two definetly have runes on them, no matter what power you use.

7kBKjPz.jpgBdmUD0m.jpg775f9UZ.jpgpmAgShr.jpgx2fWUqC.jpgYwauhVF.jpg

There is some stuff I have to look up first before I write my thoughts down, these lines and circles remind me on a circuit board or maybe they are more or less the flow of energy we need to use our powers. It also kind of remind me on chi..or chakra or whatever. I make no sense right now, guess you will have to wait a little while heh...

-hopes no one "steals" his idea-

Edit: Okay, I have read a little into chakras and the like and I believe that where these circles concentrate, for Vauban it is his stomach and for Volt his chest, they might be the Manipura and the Anahata Chakra.

The Manipura ("city of jewels") chakra is located at the navel, the "place of resplendence." Associated with the color yellow, this chakra is involved in self-esteem, warrior energy, and the power of transformation, it also governs digestion and metabolism. A healthy spirited third chakra helps overcome inertia and jump-starts a "get-up-and-go" attitude so it is easier to take risks, assert one's will, and assume responsibility for one's life. This chakra is also the location of deep belly laughter, warmth, ease, and the vitality received from performing selfless service.

Manipura is considered the center of dynamism, energy, will power and achievement, which radiates prana (the Sanskrit word for "life force") throughout the entire human body. It is associated with the power of fire and digestion, as well as with the sense of sight and the action of movement. Manipura is "the center of etheric-psychic intuition: a vague or non-specific, sensual sense of knowing; a vague sense of size, shape, and intent of being.As such, some psychics recommend "listening" to it since it may help in making better decisions in one's life on many different levels. Through meditating on Manipura one is said to attain the siddhis power to create (save) or destroy the world.

I find it kind of interesting because Vauban is more or less the kind of "person" who is there to help his friends. His powers are mostly defensive and as the description of the chakra states: "Assert one's will, and assume responsibility for one's life." And "the vitality received from performing selfless service."

Now for Volt:

The Anahata ("unhurt, unstruck and unbeaten") chakra is in the central channel in the spine at the heart with its kshetram (superficial activation site).

Anahata is considered the seat of the Jivatman and Parashakti. In the Upanishads, this is described as like a tiny flame inside the heart. Anahata is so called because here sages hear the sound (Anahata – shabda. Shabda meaning "speech sound") which comes without the striking of two things together. It is associated with air, touch and actions of the hands.

Anahata is associated with the ability to make decisions outside the realm of karma. In Manipura and below, man is bound by the laws of karma and fate. In Anahata one makes decisions ("follows one's heart") based on one's higher self, not the unfulfilled emotions and desires of lower nature. As such, it is known as the heart chakra. It is also associated with love and compassion, charity to others and psychic healing. Meditation on this chakra is said to bring about the following siddhis: he becomes a lord of speech; he is dear to women; his presence controls the senses of others, and he can leave and enter the body at will.

This is pretty much all I have for now. Let me know what you think.

based on your theory trinity would most likely be linked to the heart chakra as well since that is where healing energy is said to come from i would check her out before continuing this line (i was in to new age things for a while and i do remember the basic usage of chakras in energy working)

Edited by Swiftfingers

I got a few pictures of my Ash's ancient shapes :

6z79zl.jpg

dqoj92.jpg

fmkr4h.jpg

vdpp5h.jpg

5nsqzb.jpg

2pp0q2r.jpg

As you can see, I'm playing in French ^^

I don't really know anything about chakra/prana and I don't see anything that correspond to my limited knowledge about electronic. All I can say is that there is a lot of "Shapes" on the arms (at least on the right one) and that there isn't a particular spot where there is a lot of those circles.

Actually, there are places where there isn't any lines or circles, like on his right abdominals. Maybe it can reflect a negative effect about a chakra (For example, if a chakra is related to brutality, not having any power lines near this spot means being quiet and pacific).

That was all I had to say. I hope it helped, somehow. ^_^

Edited by 514415