Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Using Elemental Damage Mods

aldlv13

Question

does it only apply the bonus damage shown on shots that proc status?

like if my guns stats read
impact: 10

puncture: 10

slash: 10

heat: 999

status chance 1%

would the gun only do the heat damage 1 shot in every hundred or does the heat damage happen every time and the status only control the actually setting an enemy on fire?

12 answers to this question

You have 1% chance of doing 999 Heat damage. The higher the Status Chance the more likely you are to proc an enemy basically :)

This is wrong. Procs are separate from the heat damage. Elemental damage always applies. 

Status chance controls the likely hood of the enemy being applied the certain status an elemental type might have. In this case setting them on fire for extra DoT. Elemental damage always applies. <-correct statement

Edited by noveltyhero

The heat is part of the base damage of the gun. Elemental resistances to affect that depending on what you're shooting at though.

The heat proc is what will only occur 1% of the time.

Will the damage from the heat proc be the same as the heat damage on the weapon, or some standard amount?

Since the heat proc is a DoT, will the damage given be pr. tick or in total?

Will the damage from the heat proc be the same as the heat damage on the weapon, or some standard amount?

Since the heat proc is a DoT, will the damage given be pr. tick or in total?

50% of your base damage per tick.

ok so you would do the heat damage every single shot with a chance to do additional damage via setting an enemy on fire?

Yep. The elemental damage is added to your base damage.

Every elemental damage you have on your weapon will affect the damage dealt, regardless of whether or not it procs.  It's the impact/puncture/slash mods that only affect the proc, not the damage (if they did, then they'd be a higher priority than combos in terms of damage.)  If your status chance is 1%, your impact, puncture, slash, and heat will all have 1% chance of activating proc.  If more than one proc at the same time, whichever has the highest damage takes priority.

50% of your base damage per tick.

Yep. The elemental damage is added to your base damage.

When you say base damage, does this mean that whatever damage bonus I may get from Serration, or similar mods, does not apply, or is it 50% of my elemental damage with all equipped mods combined?

When you say base damage, does this mean that whatever damage bonus I may get from Serration, or similar mods, does not apply, or is it 50% of my elemental damage with all equipped mods combined?

Mods like Serration affect your base damage.  Base damage is the total of impact, puncture, and slash (multiply the serration in for the base damage after the mod.)  Mods that only increase slash or impact do not affect the base damage.