Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Hate Me, But, Lightsabers

The_Real_007

Yes. This post sounds very dumb and you are probably shooting yourself looking at it, but I have always wanted lightsabers in this game since I love Star Wars and I think this game would be the only game that could do a good job making them. I know it might be weird but does this not sound like a good new characteristic for Warframe? 

Third-Person Space Ninja Jedi Parkour Shooter Grind Simulator 2014

That was a joke, but seriously, let me know what you think.

Edited by The_Real_007

Anyways, yes. Corpus laser sword anyone?

Exactly, and of course, a new melee enemy that actually does something maybe... stole and learned a stance from the tenno and now they use that and the laser swords against us. Idk just spit balling here but I really just want lightsabers lol.

Honestly, if you want to go into the lightsaber realm, look at the Ether weaponry.

If anything, I think that's as close as you'll get in the Warframe universe.

I do enjoy the dual ethers, but I want the lightsabers for nostalgia. Being able to hear *pshhhhoooo* *voom* *voom* *PSTSH* (best lightsaber noises i could do) while I kill grinner with my favorite warframe would be awesome. 

I do enjoy the dual ethers, but I want the lightsabers for nostalgia. Being able to hear *pshhhhoooo* *voom* *voom* *PSTSH* (best lightsaber noises i could do) while I kill grinner with my favorite warframe would be awesome. 

Something tells me those sounds are copyrighted.

I think the Dark Sword is pretty lightsaber like, and it does radiation damage.  But frankly, I agree, I'd love to have a lightsaber in Warframe (or have DE make a Star Wars game since Lucas Arts shut down? lol)

And I believe the lightsaber noises are copywritten somehow.  They may be owned by ILM and have to be used with permission.  In Smash Bros on N64 the beam saber sounded like a light saber in the Japanese version, but the US version had the sound changed to avoid just such an issue.

For this concept to work without having to break Trademark laws, we would need a complete visual and stats overhaul of the Plasma Sword. Its the best candidate.
Barely used(IMO), and now basically a Prova with higher crit and status.

Stats:

Impact: 20

Puncture: 50

Slash:40

The rest remains the same, exept for that the electrical damage is removed.

I like this idea, laser swords

if it thick or something or if it looks like a laser blade I want a light wave every time you swing but would be more faded than channeling

lightsabers (thick round laser beam as a blade) or laser swords (long sword made of plasma/laser) I would want both.

duh +1