Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Play With Excalibur!

D0ubleFE

Hi to every person that reads this, just decided to write it because i have found a situation i'm starting to get really pissed off, everytime there is a def4, i'm just focusing in the most notorious case, people say "don't use X warframe, is useless", "don't you have Y warframe?".

Why I think they could be right:

Everybody likes to win, you don't start a mision thinking about losing, you bet the winner, in that case there are warframes that are more suited for some missions, in the case of def4 that would be the likes of Frost, Nova, Rhino, etc.

You want to be sure the people you are playing with are good and well equipped, or else there is not gonna be any Rhino Prime saving you of failing.

At least in def4 it's a team effort, so you need teammates, not soloist, again there are warframes whose powers benefit everyone better than others.

Why I think the could be wrong:

This is a game, winning and losing are part of the experience and both are inevitable, in that case I want to play the way I like, with the warframe and equipment I like.

Nobody should discriminate others under any circunstance, if  "MrNoName" wants to play with excalibur so be it.

Someones performance in any mission is not limited to warframe and equipment, experience in the game, dexterity and natural talent are involved, so for instance if you play with a teammate using Rhino Prime and a Boltor Prime with little experience, there is a considerable possibility that you will be carrying him.

So that's it, i know this is no news, this is part of the game and i would like to know what do you think about this situation, no flaming, no insulting to anyone would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading and/or posting.

PS: I play in South America but i think is the same everywhere, sorry for any grammar mistake.

Are you kidding me OP!?

I DEMAND Excalibur joins me in T4 Survival and Exterminate!

Radial blind is the greatest thing ever! and with Roar/Molecular Prime Radial Javalin can do serious damage to a full room due to its innate punchthrough!

I still take mine into games from time to time, this warframe is FAR from useless, and I find him quite fun to play.

I have every Warframe, but exclusively use Excalibur / Nyx...both are viable to end game, and this is well known.

Anyone who claims Excalibur isn't viable is, plainly, a dolt. Excalibur, despite being the first Warframe available (and DE's posterboy for new players) is based around balanced abilities, rather than specializing in one skill. 

Is not the Warframe what matters, but the Tenno.

Ladies and gentlemen, threads over... you can all go home now.

This here is it, i dont care what you bring to my T3/T4 key... so long as you know how to play it to assist the rest of the team the best way possible. If thats room clearing, body fetching, or keeping us from dying so be it.

Defenses can be done without Frost, Vauban can sit out the same maps and interception, and Nekros can take a break from desecrating life support, if the Tenno knows how to play well enough to not rely on those specific frames.

I have every Warframe, but exclusively use Excalibur / Nyx...both are viable to end game, and this is well known.

Anyone who claims Excalibur isn't viable is, plainly, a dolt. Excalibur, despite being the first Warframe available (and DE's posterboy for new players) is based around balanced abilities, rather than specializing in one skill. 

lol, "balanced" abilities.

lol, "balanced" abilities.

Its true... the abilities that are balanced at ALL levels are the ones with no damage or that their damage component isnt their main perk.

Radial Disarm, Blind, chaos, Vortex, Paralysis, and pull (along with several others) are good at ALL level for all modes of play (except assassinate, bosses have tricky immunities). So they are balanced from Mercury, all the way to the 60 minute mark of a T4 survival.

I prefer playing Excalibur... IN ALL SITUATIONS!

The thing is people play what they want. It truly is the player. Excalibur is only as good as the person using them. If the person using it can't adapt to the situation they will lose.

Slash Dash - Offensive (Despite having mediocre damage at best)

Radial Blind - CC/Stun/Defensive

Super Jump - Mobility

Radial Javelin - CC/Offensive

So...yeah. Balanced.

I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about the basis behind each ability.

slash dash- mobility

super jump- ...

radial javelin- nice pose that depletes your shields, if you are lucky(doesn't have to be win the lottery lucky) you lose some health                                        too. Isn't that lovely?

Amongst all the functions for his abilities he is proficient in one and only one. That would be crowd-control.

so...yeah. "Balanced"

Edited by Shreiko

slash dash- mobility

super jump- ...

radial javelin- nice pose that depletes your shields, if you are lucky(doesn't have to be win the lottery lucky) you lose some health                                             too. Isn't that lovely?

Amongst all the functions for his abilities he is proficient in one and only one. That would be crowd-control.

so...yeah. "Balanced"

As someone who has all the Warframes, but chooses to play Excalibur on a constant basis, I can honestly put you into the "dolt" category. This opinion of yours is simply a forum cliche which is given to Excalibur because he's DE's posterboy for new players.

It really depends on how you mod it. There are tons of viable builds for him out there ;)

As someone who has all the Warframes, but chooses to play Excalibur on a constant basis, I can honestly put you into the "dolt" category. This opinion of yours is simply a forum cliche which is given to Excalibur because he's DE's posterboy for new players.

It really depends on how you mod it. There are tons of viable builds for him out there ;)

He's my main, although I dont attach false value to him. His radial blind is a very redeeming quality and it is extremely cheap and useful in defense and survival missions. Doesn't change the fact that everything else is lackluster.

Edited by Shreiko

Blame the people you are playing with.

If I'm hosting a mission I don't care what anyone else is running, weapons is a slightly different matter, but still.

I have the mentality that in any game I play I should be prepared to win by myself. I do understand that most players don't hold this same position, and unsurprisingly these are the sort of people that want top tier gear on any run they do.

If you want to play something then play it, if someone won't let you, then they are probably looking to be carried, and you don't want to play with them anyway

Slash Dash - Mobility

Radial Blind - CC/Stun/Defensive

Super Jump - Mobility

Radial Javelin - "Forma space"

So...yeah. Balanced.

I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about the basis behind each ability.

Sry but i cant take serius radial javaline when its only a mediocre AoE nuke.

Sry but i cant take serius radial javaline when its only a mediocre AoE nuke.

Blind-Rage says "hi". From the Wiki:

Number of Javelins to 36 and the damage to 2440 per javelin.

(EDIT: i realize this is with an arcane helmet. WIth just intensify+ blind rage its closer to ~32 Javelins at ~2200 damage each)

Considering that the damage is an even 3 way split between all damage types, its effective against Any Enemy. Add the fact that hit has Sudo-Punchthrough (When a blade kills an enemy, the enemy and the blade turn into a damaging projectile... like bolt weapons) and its still frighteningly easy to clear a room.

Though, people are right... there is a several second window where you can take enough damage to die in. Its a shame we dont have a way to speed up cast animations.... or to CC all enemies in the room you are going to use Radial Javelin.

Ill still use him after the incoming radial blind nerf (It will become LINE OF SIGHT only now)

But the Radial Blind nerf will make ANOTHER ability more useful on the frame:

Super Jump

Since objects block line of sight... being higher than EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM will make blind still as 100% effective as it is now.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Hi to every person that reads this, just decided to write it because i have found a situation i'm starting to get really &!$$ed off, everytime there is a def4, i'm just focusing in the most notorious case, people say "don't use X warframe, is useless", "don't you have Y warframe?".

Why I think they could be right:

Everybody likes to win, you don't start a mision thinking about losing, you bet the winner, in that case there are warframes that are more suited for some missions, in the case of def4 that would be the likes of Frost, Nova, Rhino, etc.

You want to be sure the people you are playing with are good and well equipped, or else there is not gonna be any Rhino Prime saving you of failing.

At least in def4 it's a team effort, so you need teammates, not soloist, again there are warframes whose powers benefit everyone better than others.

Why I think the could be wrong:

This is a game, winning and losing are part of the experience and both are inevitable, in that case I want to play the way I like, with the warframe and equipment I like.

Nobody should discriminate others under any circunstance, if  "MrNoName" wants to play with excalibur so be it.

Someones performance in any mission is not limited to warframe and equipment, experience in the game, dexterity and natural talent are involved, so for instance if you play with a teammate using Rhino Prime and a Boltor Prime with little experience, there is a considerable possibility that you will be carrying him.

So that's it, i know this is no news, this is part of the game and i would like to know what do you think about this situation, no flaming, no insulting to anyone would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading and/or posting.

PS: I play in South America but i think is the same everywhere, sorry for any grammar mistake.

Who are these people!? I have been playing since CB and have never meet one yet, heck I barely meet anyone willing to talk.

Blind-Rage says "hi". From the Wiki:

Number of Javelins to 36 and the damage to 2440 per javelin.

(EDIT: i realize this is with an arcane helmet. WIth just intensify+ blind rage its closer to ~32 Javelins at ~2200 damage each)

Considering that the damage is an even 3 way split between all damage types, its effective against Any Enemy. Add the fact that hit has Sudo-Punchthrough (When a blade kills an enemy, the enemy and the blade turn into a damaging projectile... like bolt weapons) and its still frighteningly easy to clear a room.

Though, people are right... there is a several second window where you can take enough damage to die in. Its a shame we dont have a way to speed up cast animations.... or to CC all enemies in the room you are going to use Radial Javelin.

Ill still use him after the incoming radial blind nerf (It will become LINE OF SIGHT only now)

But the Radial Blind nerf will make ANOTHER ability more useful on the frame:

Super Jump

Since objects block line of sight... being higher than EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM will make blind still as 100% effective as it is now.

I use Natural Talent to speed up Radial Javelin and Blind. Works like a charm. 

slash dash- mobility

super jump- ...

radial javelin- nice pose that depletes your shields, if you are lucky(doesn't have to be win the lottery lucky) you lose some health                                        too. Isn't that lovely?

so...yeah. "Balanced"

Clearly you don't know how to use Super Jump to jump across entire maps, and that's without using Slash Dash.

Are you kidding me OP!?

I DEMAND Excalibur joins me in T4 Survival and Exterminate!

Radial blind is the greatest thing ever! and with Roar/Molecular Prime Radial Javalin can do serious damage to a full room due to its innate punchthrough!

I still take mine into games from time to time, this warframe is FAR from useless, and I find him quite fun to play.

Unfortunately I think Javelins suck since my build is for Blind; that and the slow casting speed even with Natural Talent on and the low damage it does doesn't make up for it... Sad they're nerfing the hell out if Blind soon though.