Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma To Upgrade Mods?

The_Real_007

What if forma could be used to upgrade mods? 

The point that you want to get the upgrade to would be the amount of forma required.

ex) Serration from 9 to 10 costs 10 forma, but ranks up the mod using no cores. 

Balance: Make is cost a lot of credits to do, with increasing amount cost for each level

Thought of this because I have 40 something Forma BP's and I won't use all of them polarizing things.

I know this sounds like it is too easy but think about how many forma to get a mod from 6 (about the level this would become useful) to 10 levels? 30 forma is a lot!

Then there's people who could buy forma for plat but 600 platinum just to max out a Serration? you could buy a max one for less then that, so I don't think that would be a problem either.

Let me know what you think!

Sounds like a nice idea to me. I have tons of Forma BPs in my inventory I'm slowly crafting just for the hell of it. I almost never use them unless I just REALLY love something. Like my Quanta and Paris Prime. MR10 and they're the only two things I've ever used a Forma on.

I think it still breaks the game a bit. It takes a LOT longer to obtain all those fusion cores rather than build 10 formas. Plus it kinda ruins the fun of everything if you can just use a forma for anything and not really have to farm fusion cores since there wouldn't really be a point anymore (it only takes 2-4 R5's to rank up a Rare 5 mod)

I think it still breaks the game a bit. It takes a LOT longer to obtain all those fusion cores rather than build 10 formas. Plus it kinda ruins the fun of everything if you can just use a forma for anything and not really have to farm fusion cores since there wouldn't really be a point anymore (it only takes 2-4 R5's to rank up a Rare 5 mod)

I completely understand, one of the biggest problems with the idea, but idk about the rare 5 ranking. I think it takes 5 or 6 which isn't much different but after a while it changes drastically.

I think this would move the game a bit too close to P2W because you could pay money to get a true in game advantage. A maxed mod is FAR more powerful than an unranked one and with this idea you would be able to unlock this power very quickly. For just 20-200 plat you get a maxed serration. Bit too cheap and easy I think.

That said I would love the idea if it wasn't so easy because of the rare-10 mods I still need to rank (RE: all of them.)

I think this would move the game a bit too close to P2W because you could pay money to get a true in game advantage. A maxed mod is FAR more powerful than an unranked one and with this idea you would be able to unlock this power very quickly. For just 20-200 plat you get a maxed serration. Bit too cheap and easy I think.

That said I would love the idea if it wasn't so easy because of the rare-10 mods I still need to rank (RE: all of them.)

Although I do not like the OP idea, I think you made a mistake. Make your calculations again - it would be 55 formas to take unranked Serration to 10 level. That's more than 200 plat, I think.

AND you can pay to win right now in the same way. Just buy Fussion Cores on the Store, they are already on sale.

I dont have such problem with overflowing with formas but its due to that i use them on every weapon that is "endgame" like vectis/lanka/soma/bows or other weapons worth haveing to have maxed out build. Now i have about 20 weapons with 2-6 formas and a catalist each.

But still forma could be used to do little bit more. i think of extra slots. up to 2 on frame/weapon/companion.

What if forma could be used to upgrade mods? 

The point that you want to get the upgrade to would be the amount of forma required.

ex) Serration from 9 to 10 costs 10 forma, but ranks up the mod using no cores. 

Balance: Make is cost a lot of credits to do, with increasing amount cost for each level

Thought of this because I have 40 something Forma BP's and I won't use all of them polarizing things.

I know this sounds like it is too easy but think about how many forma to get a mod from 6 (about the level this would become useful) to 10 levels? 30 forma is a lot!

Then there's people who could buy forma for plat but 600 platinum just to max out a Serration? you could buy a max one for less then that, so I don't think that would be a problem either.

Let me know what you think!

t4 survival gives 5 cores if it is to give cores... i once got 35 r5 in a 50 mins run.....

I like the idea

but srsly fusion cores are easier then 10 forma bps :D

10 forma bp take 240 hours dont tell me you cant farm enough cores in 240 hours to get the S#&$ from 9 - 10

I like the idea

but srsly fusion cores are easier then 10 forma bps :D

10 forma bp take 240 hours dont tell me you cant farm enough cores in 240 hours to get the S#&$ from 9 - 10

True, I just don't have any T4 keys lol, but my point is further proven in your post, but again its not because using forma to rank up is easier than cores, but 8 days is a long time to wait so its another balance