Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin And Arrogant Players

Duyet

What is up with some of these Rhinos? I see so many Rhinos running past fallen comrades just because they think they don't need anyone. Why not just play solo? I see more Lokis having the decency to revive teammates with invincibility. What is up with that?

Edited by Duyet

This post is irrelevant. Although Rhino tends to have a bad rep for being associated with late-game players, his existence in the match has nothing to do with the player's (in control of Rhino) want to revive you.

No, I do not play Rhino. He sits in my arsenal at a squishy rank 6 because I don't like tank gameplay.

This being said, again: it has nothing to do with the Rhino Warframe...only the player behind the Warframe, which varies from player-to-player.

What is up with some of these Rhinos? I see so many Rhinos running past fallen comrades just because they think they don't need anyone. Why not just play solo? I see more Lokis having the decency to revive teammates with invincibility.

I think a nerf is needed to iron skin so Rhino would be more of a team player frame.

"Some of these" meaning that not all Rhino (Prime)s do this, it isn't the fault of the Warframe, it's those who control it; now that is the true problem. 

Even Invis Lokis do this, so if you're looking to punish players who do this you may as well as ask for Loki's Invis to be nerfed, hell, why not Ash too? 

Well.  They don't need anyone else, if they know what they are doing and the mission isn't crazy high level.

My first notion is that reviving team mates should reward the person doing the reviving to encourage good coop, but then my second notion is that if you reward revives, organized clans would turn into Crack Suicide Squads in order to farm whatever it is.

Third notion is that people who are standing around near downed team mates without helping them would receive a black mark on their Reputation, but that would require the Reputation system to achieve liftoff...

This post is irrelevant. Although Rhino tends to have a bad rep for being associated with late-game players, his existence in the match has nothing to do with the player's (in control of Rhino) want to revive you.

No, I do not play Rhino. He sits in my arsenal at a squishy rank 6 because I don't like tank gameplay.

This being said, again: it has nothing to do with the Rhino Warframe...only the player behind the Warframe, which varies from player-to-player.

I mostly agree ith you but players with this attitude tend to lean towards the meta and rhino prime is leading that

Why nerf iron skin? That's the main reason people actually get rhino!

These players you are talking about... was it on a high level mission or were they REALLY just being troll. Remember iron skin can get taken out very quickly on high level missions (speaking from experience) and I'm pretty sure that since people who are using Loki can go invisible there will be no one shooting them for them to die.

Besides Rhino is a TANK not a team player, if a player wants to be a jerk let them. (you can let them die when they are bleeding out :P )

(there are good people out there, trust me)

So, in conclusion I do not think Rhino should be nerfed and trolls will always be trolls.... Don't blame a warframe for another players faults.

Why nerf iron skin? That's the main reason people actually get rhino!

These players you are talking about... was it on a high level mission or were they REALLY just being troll. Remember iron skin can get taken out very quickly on high level missions (speaking from experience) and I'm pretty sure that since people who are using Loki can go invisible there will be no one shooting them for them to die.

Besides Rhino is a TANK not a team player, if a player wants to be a jerk let them. (you can let them die when they are bleeding out :P )

(there are good people out there, trust me)

So, in conclusion I do not think Rhino should be nerfed and trolls will always be trolls.... Don't blame a warframe for another players faults.

Being a tank doesnt mean youre not a team player

If anything you should be more of a team player

I just had a rhino yestreday that didnt revive anyone on the team

Me with my rank 14? Ember prime had to run in to revive the other members of the team for the 5-6 waves of cerberus pluto that we ran and i died 3 times in the process while the rhino literally ran by

It didnt help that the nova kept calling the nyx useless and didnt want to rev it and when i went down absolutely noone would save me even though i risked my hide many times before saving them

3 lives wasted on one run for nothing

Not wanting to revive you doesn't necessary mean  he is arrogant, maybe he is in a hurry, maybe he needs to find a safe place to recast, maybe he doesn't think you are worth saving.

If he doesnt think youre worth saving hes probably arrogant

I play as Rhino now and then, and I never leave a fallen comrade behind.

I might occasionally ignore a trap of some kind, but I never rush, and I never leave anyone behind me.

So no, it does not apply to all Rhinos.

It never applies to all of anything really

Don't be a Warfracist. Individuals are bad, everything else is generalizations.

Not entirely

Edited by Azawarau

Well.  They don't need anyone else, if they know what they are doing and the mission isn't crazy high level.

My first notion is that reviving team mates should reward the person doing the reviving to encourage good coop, but then my second notion is that if you reward revives, organized clans would turn into Crack Suicide Squads in order to farm whatever it is.

Third notion is that people who are standing around near downed team mates without helping them would receive a black mark on their Reputation, but that would require the Reputation system to achieve liftoff...

I don't support an instant black mark on a person for being unable to revive a downed teammate. Sometimes the situation can't do anything about it. In fact sometimes the downed player is the arrogant one. Did a xini defense where a frost put up a larger than normal snowglobe to snipe at infested from the top of a crate (globe extended past cryopod). I was using a nekros trying to get him back to 30 and couldn't save the guy in time because infested were swarming both him and the pod and he starts calling me out for not saving him, making up excuses on how i could have when in that situation i couldn't without getting downed in the process. Shadows were swarmed, and a jump aoe wouldn't buy enough time

It didnt help that the nova kept calling the nyx useless and didnt want to rev it and when i went down absolutely noone would save me even though i risked my hide many times before saving them

If he doesnt think youre worth saving hes probably arrogant

if i refuse to revive that nova and rhino does that make me arrogant?

no it doesn't, if they are so unwilling to help others why should i risk my life to help them?

Im sorry, but speedrunning copters or Volts are SOOOO much worse. Just like everyone says though, it's not the frame, it's the Tenno.

There's not really much to do regarding the matter besides just making sure you don't group up with these people. I can see a lot of problems of tenno dieing near players that do that "slide" past (usually when you try to revive while running, you'll just start sliding past the player and it'll stop) accidentally and get bad rep because they didn't fully revive the player.

Let me guess, is the same rhinos that dont use roar, run through door traps without shooting them, think there god cause they never seen late game content, the same rhinos that think they dont need anybody and iron skin answers everything? There just deluded thats all, rhino ent that great, best he got going for him is roar, which 90% of rhino users seem to ignore because they all use fleeting expertise.  Also saying rhino isnt the problem ur also deluded , because if he was using say volt, he would rely on team more.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

As always, depends on player. I call my rhino prime "The ambulance".

That being said, some players do not deserve being revived. Imagine you have in your party a warframe that is constantly going on his own, far from the rest, but is periodically being downed, forcing me or other player go on his rescue, and refuses to come closer for better coop and team protection. I'll let him die the third or fourth time he falls.

And I've seen players, with all warframes in existence, ignoring fallen teammates. it's not just a Rhino thing.

high level mission

(...)

Besides Rhino is a TANK

Rhino is not a tank in high level mission. Iron Skin lasts less than a second under serious fire and literally gets to the point where you can die if you stop moving long enough to cast it. Rhino is crowd control: has a medium-long range hard CC that ignores enemy level and the negative aspects of power efficiency builds.  The damage amp effect isn't too shabby either, if you're working closely with your team.

Not wanting to revive you doesn't necessary mean  he is arrogant, maybe he is in a hurry, maybe he needs to find a safe place to recast, maybe he doesn't think you are worth saving.

Are you serious? I mean, this is you being serious right here?

I don't support an instant black mark on a person for being unable to revive a downed teammate. Sometimes the situation can't do anything about it.

I wouldn't suggest that you instantly get labeled as the scum of the universe if you fail to revive a team mate, we're talking a stat that is tracked between games over the long term. You'd need to ignore a LOT of dying tenno to get a noticeable reputation as a fail team member.  Also this would be directly countered by instances where you do revive team mates.

Let me guess, is the same rhinos that dont use roar, run through door traps without shooting them, think there god cause they never seen late game content, the same rhinos that think they dont need anybody and iron skin answers everything? There just deluded thats all, rhino ent that great, best he got going for him is roar, which 90% of rhino users seem to ignore because they all use fleeting expertise.  Also saying rhino isnt the problem ur also deluded , because if he was using say volt, he would rely on team more.

Good point. When enemies got so strong a single hit blows away iron skin, that is where a constant Roar with a good duration makes the difference for your team.

*cough*speedrunners*cough*

It IS a player thing, not a rhino thing. The only problem that rhino has is that it gives the player more confidence to play solo instead or relying on his teammates if he goes down--which that exists with a few frames that have any sort of major protection buff (Frost, Zephyr, Volt, etc).

if i refuse to revive that nova and rhino does that make me arrogant?

no it doesn't, if they are so unwilling to help others why should i risk my life to help them?

Because youre a Tenno and its the right thing to do?

Or just being a good person?

Or scale it down to just good manners

Even if someone does you wrong its petty to do it back

An eye for an eye right?

I wouldnt blame you at all for not reviving someone that let you die

But blaming someone that does revive them is just as bad

not save u is not a fault.

getting downed is

Getting downed saving teammates repeatedly because someone else who could more safely revive them wouldnt and the rest of the team wouldnt either is my fault

Got it