Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Jump (The Added Feature Proposal)

KittyDarkling

You know believe it or not I'm not about to demand it's removal? I actually had an idea that  think would make everyone either happy or accuse me of being unoriginal. Anyway what if it worked just like it did now, unless you were targeting an enemy?

If you're targeting an enemy on the other hand, You'd jump to them, Like a long superman-like jump that would make a very small shock-wave that staggered everyone in like a 3-5 meter AOE (opening them up for front facing finishers). This as I'm sure many will point out sounds like a "better version of Ash's teleport."

The downsides to this is it take a little longer, Teleport is instantaneous, this would take like 1-3 seconds (depending on how far away your target is) Plus you can only use it while you're on the ground. Ash can instantly appear across the map from mid air, so I feel this makes them different enough.

That's pretty much it, what's everyone think? :o

Edited by KittyDarkling

Here's a thought, why not give super jump a backwards and sideways function? Tired of repairing bullet dents on your warframe, when cover is too far away? Super jump to the side or backwards to get away from enemy fire!

I'm very serious about this, btw.

Maybe it should be a common ability among all warframes and not require energy to execute.

Agreed entirely.

There are a few players (including myself) who main Excalibur and find SJ, along with walljumps and coptering, to be the "butter" of his gameplay (Radial Blind being the bread, of course) and would absolutely hate to see it gone; but while he has a third ability that isn't "general" or applicable-in-any-situation like the rest of his moveset is, there are going to be incessant requests by the playerbase (including a good chunk of other Excal mains) to see it removed.

There are many players who won't touch Excalibur until he has a new 3, and there are many Excal players who won't play the class if his current 3 is removed. A good way to please both parties is to give Excal a new 3 and make Super Jump one of those new any-Frame-can-equip-it abilities that the devs mentioned a while back.

Edited by SortaRandom

Super Jump just needs increased base height and damage reduction during the animation.

I'd rather see some extra utility get added instead of an arbitrary damage reduction that has nothing to do with the concept of the skill. XD

It would be pretty nice to see Super Jump match your current horizontal speed instead of slowing you down when activated.

That, and reducing the post-cast delay by a lot. I want to be able to shoot enemies or trigger another Ability right after entering the air. Seriously, if I wanted to see a guy holding a Super Mario pose for the entire duration of a super jump, I'd go play Super Mario.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'd rather see some extra utility get added instead of an arbitrary damage reduction that has nothing to do with the concept of the skill. XD

It would be pretty nice to see Super Jump match your current horizontal speed instead of slowing you down when activated.

It does inherit your momentum and you can actually gain horizontal speed if you crouch at the right times.  It's just not intuitive until you master the movement in this game.

It does inherit your momentum and you can actually gain horizontal speed if you crouch at the right times. It's just not intuitive until you master the movement in this game.

Could you be a bit more specific? I've been using SJ and then doing midair sliding for a momentum boost this entire time. XD Edited by SortaRandom