Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Better For Boar Prime; Vicious Spread Or Dual Stat Elementals?

Valafor

Question

Title. My current buildhas a Hell's Chambers, Point Black, Accelerated blast, Blaze, Shell Shock, Toxic Barrage, Vicious Spread, and Ammo mutation, with a status chance of 99.1%, which is pretty good. However, I want to know if putting in Frigid Blast would inprove my damage. Spread is not really an issue, so I just want to know which is better.

13 answers to this question

Dual stat elementals. You can easily get it to 100% status with those. I've got it built to 100% corrosive right now, it takes apart high level Grineer in seconds.

YEah but.. 99.1% chance. Pretty hard NOT to get a status chance.

Well going off the knowledge that I don't entirely remember Vicious Spread, it depends. Taking off half of enemy shields if you're going magnetic plus an addition 75% damage versus the enemy is a lot, but that's mainly corpus. So perhaps only use frigid blast on corpus, and use vicious spread on other factions. That's assuming you pair it with a shock mod for elemental. If not, probably best to just stick with Vicious spread entirely (though keep in mind you will have to get A LOT closer if you want all of your pellets to actually hit the damage and for vicious spread to be worthwhile)

It all depends on elemental combinations and what faction you're going up against

Edited by SgtFlex

I'd really go with status. Boar Prime is the best shotgun but it's certainly not the leader in sustainable damage output. Super high status chance will lead to more status procs per shot and more afflicted enemies as you blast away into the horde, which is what will make the ol' Boar pull its weight in the late game.

I'd really go with status. Boar Prime is the best shotgun but it's certainly not the leader in sustainable damage output. Super high status chance will lead to more status procs per shot and more afflicted enemies as you blast away into the horde, which is what will make the ol' Boar pull its weight in the late game.

Title. My current build...with a status chance of 99.1%, which is pretty good.

C'mon people! Read the post!

I don't blame you, I do it sometimes as well, just don't forget to look :P

Edited by SgtFlex

With just the two status event mods, including multishot, you will have approx. 91% proc chance. I say keep Vicious Spread on for more dmg. I think you lose about 8k dps if you switch Vicious w/ Frigid against Heavy Gunners (assuming you're doing Void due to build).

C'mon people! Read the post!

I don't blame you, I do it sometimes as well, just don't forget to look :P

Actually I think my post is directly on target. You want to know which mod will give more damage, and I'm telling you that damage isn't what you should be trying to achieve here because it's not what the Boar Prime is best at....

If you really just want a nonsense hypothetical answer about damage numbers, use this site.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boar_prime

Actually I think my post is directly on target. You want to know which mod will give more damage, and I'm telling you that damage isn't what you should be trying to achieve here because it's not what the Boar Prime is best at....

If you really just want a nonsense hypothetical answer about damage numbers, use this site.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boar_prime

But he's already got a 99% status chance though WITHOUT either of those mods. Is it beneficial to use that mod for a status higher than 99%?

Edited by SgtFlex

But he's already got a 99% status chance though WITHOUT either of those mods. Is it beneficial to use that mod for a status higher than 99%?

listed Proc chance is affected by pellet count, each individual pellet has a lower chance so he's actually getting a lot larger of an effect than believed.

Just drop Accelerated Blast for Shotgun Spazz, if you're going for increased fire rate. It'll help your proc chance too, by a slim margin. It'll be less efficient than dropping a fire rate mod altogether, but if you're going for fire rate, I wouldn't do it halfway.

Boar Prime always wants more dual stat mods. The only element you wouldn't want to use the dual stat mods with would be Blaze.

listed Proc chance is affected by pellet count, each individual pellet has a lower chance so he's actually getting a lot larger of an effect than believed.

But status caps at 100% now, meaning that adding a status chance mod would only add (1%/pellet count), which seems like a low number, or am I thinking wrongly?

So it would only be (99%/pellet count)

VS

(100%/pellet count)

which doesn't really seem worth the cost of the mod.

Edited by SgtFlex

But status caps at 100% now, meaning that adding a status chance mod would only add (1%/pellet count), which seems like a low number, or am I thinking wrongly?

Nothing changed about the cap, just the display. It either always capped or never did. 

As far as the wiki says The number shows only the odds of getting at least 1 proc per shot. Beyond that it doesn't calculate.

It's not status chance/pellet count its 'expected chance of 1 proc'. Otherwise multishot wouldn't increase the probability.

Every pellet has its own proc chance that are calculated to find the expected odds of a proc. Realistically Strun Wraith and Boar Prime only actually have around a 5% chance of a proc on any given pellet, but this gives them a much higher odd of proccing because of the number of pellets. 

The calculation used seems kind of weird but I think the 100% happens because of the way the game rounds numbers, it actually is only around a 99.xxxxxxxx% chance of a proc. 

Edited by LukeAura