Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Valkyr Viable?

Sieptium

Question

Hey!

New player here. Kind of fell in love with the skillset of this frame and so I set out to farm her. But I'd like to know in advance.. How bad is she? Will I be super duper disappointed? To me she seems like a extremely mobile brawler than can jump into combat while buffed and get out of a hazzle when needed? Seems really good to me, but I don't know the meta

How long will it take me to farm her once I'm there btw? Are we talking 10-20 runs, or 200?

20 answers to this question

She's a great tank with vitality and steel charge.  I think the most common build is to build for duration and power strength with rage equipped for warcry and hysteria.  

Warcry which increases Valkyr's massive armor amount along with increasing melee speed and hysteria for invulnerability and melee fun.  

Since hysteria is affected by melee base damage stats and crit chance along with crit mult, Atterax looks like the best weapon for hysteria.

The Valkyr frame has a very unique playstyle. I personally don't like it but I hae seen many people taking her into high level missions with no problem at all. In the end, you'll have to form your personal opinion abou her.

As far as the farming part, well it's RNG and that menas you can get lucky or not. Mostly one does not get lucky. But just don't give u, you'll eventually have al the parts.

KrQMZ17.jpg

Farming her, maybe 10 runs at worst, she's usually not too bad RNG.

She's a bit defense heavy as a frame, but does exceptionally well with melee. Especially so with the previously mentioned Rage/Life Strike combo. 

Rage makes energy, which you use for channeling, and channeling turns that energy into health when you hit.

And you always have hysteria for a panic button if needed, or swap it for Rip Line for mobility; but always make use of War Cry.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

She is fairly good with just a basic mod set but the fact that she is built around health tanking means that rage works amazingly well on her giving you almost infinite energy and with a maxed steel fiber and warcry she gets somewhere around 90% damage reduction and if you mod her for maxed duration and use hysteria you can get almost 2 minutes of invincibility the drawback is her damage potential is very low and her shields are basically nonexistent so she is not that great at gunplay.

So in conclusion she is a somewhat niche warframe but if you play her to her strengths she is almost totally invincible.

did you just ask if Valkyr was Viable?

Googled her and found some disturbing information regarding her viability :P

How does she compare to say something like Nova/ash etc. I'd love the manouverability in a character. 

Googled her and found some disturbing information regarding her viability :P

How does she compare to say something like Nova/ash etc. I'd love the manouverability in a character. 

On release she was missing a lot. She's had nothing but buffs since then, including the huge one that gave her lifesteal on Hysteria.

Wait what? Life steal mod works on hysteria now?

Nono, Hysteria gives you life steal already. As in, you don't need to use Life Strike for Hysteria to heal Valkyr when she attacks her enemies. Life Strike is actually more like giving Hysteria's effects to a melee weapon at the cost of channeling efficiency.

Hey!

New player here. Kind of fell in love with the skillset of this frame and so I set out to farm her. But I'd like to know in advance.. How bad is she? Will I be super duper disappointed? To me she seems like a extremely mobile brawler than can jump into combat while buffed and get out of a hazzle when needed? Seems really good to me, but I don't know the meta

How long will it take me to farm her once I'm there btw? Are we talking 10-20 runs, or 200?

If anything Val is probably too viable.

But please OP, for the love of Hek stay away from the meta, at least until you play around with other weapons and frames. Just about all frames and weapons are viable if you know how to mod etc.

Don't wanna see a thread in a month or two along the lines of "this game is too easy" because the meta was reached too quickly.