Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested... Now Becoming The Bane Of Our Existence (De Plz)

_Fracture8

asks for infested to more challenging and versatile, when they were easy to play against

complains infested are too hard to play against, after DE invests time and effort to make them more challenging 

this community is hilarious sometimes

*Sigh* Read underlined area...

Also challenging and unfair are 2 different things, DE did what we asked yes but not (imo) in the correct way. One shots are stupid, and stealth grapples are not the solution, then we get all this crazy extra stuff on top of this (it's cool yes, but gameplay-wise it looks atrocious). Please read the entire post next time.

Also try to be constructive. This isn't a place for snarky remarks like that.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

The only issue I have with infested is the eximus that leech energy, because that is the dumbest mechanic ever. It doesn't even slow me down, it's just annoying. Toxin clouds are dirt easy to avoid.

Also, for hooks, activating a power(Excal's slash dask etc.) when you see the animation usually cancels the hook.

Otherwise they have the same problem as every enemy in the game - past a certain level they scale in an un-fun way.

To require a life strike mod to survive kinda makes your build invalid for this arguement, try doing one without life strike. It's like having a big middle finger raised to anyone without it.

EDIT: In fact, any faction that has a "requirement item" to survive anything longer than 15 min or 15 waves is constrictive imo, and shouldn't be happening in the game. It should be a matter of who is more experienced and not who has the better gear.

Really?

I just went in with vabaun and all he did was stand on boxes and shoot his penta

You can take nyx and negate the ancients boosts to eachother

Nekros to gain them for yourself or Ash to take out ancients in large groups easily

You can use frost with a large bubble to slow infested to a crawl and melee them

You can use nova and make them equally useless

You can use infested impudence and trivialize the faction

You can stop crying on a forum or learn to adjust to the weakest faction in the game but that probably wont happen

TL;DR: GIT GUD

Really?

I just went in with vabaun and all he did was stand on boxes and shoot his penta

Nekros to gain them for yourself or Ash to take out ancients in large groups easily

You can use frost with a large bubble to slow infested to a crawl and melee them

You can stop crying on a forum or learn to adjust to the weakest faction in the game but that probably wont happen

Hahaha. Hahahahaha.

\*facepalm*

Dude, use Bladestorm on lvl 70 ancient healer crowd and then come back and tell me you can take them on. Venomous eximii one shot you on or off a box/ledge/toiletseat with their aura damage. Heck there's no way to dodge. Use snowglobe? Please, be my guest. Watch in awe as indestructible infested demolish your pod in HD and slow motion. How does Nova help? Slow effect? OK. Just die.....slower.

The truth is, at one point the ancients' auras become overkill as they scale AND stack. ANY and I repeat ANY damage you do to one is INSTA HEALED by another.

It's fine to make them challenging. What is not fine is gradually making them impossible.

Hahaha. Hahahahaha.

\*facepalm*

Dude, use Bladestorm on lvl 70 ancient healer crowd and then come back and tell me you can take them on. Venomous eximii one shot you on or off a box/ledge/toiletseat with their aura damage. Heck there's no way to dodge. Use snowglobe? Please, be my guest. Watch in awe as indestructible infested demolish your pod in HD and slow motion. How does Nova help? Slow effect? OK. Just die.....slower.

The truth is, at one point the ancients' auras become overkill as they scale AND stack. ANY and I repeat ANY damage you do to one is INSTA HEALED by another.

It's fine to make them challenging. What is not fine is gradually making them impossible.

Wait

Lvl 70?

I wont even argue with you if you think enemies should be balanced around 70

And for the record even those are easy to abuse

My biggest problem is trying to take out the mob that's causing all these problems in melee.

Energy leech Eximus is annoying to find and can be 100 meters away.

Suddenly seeing my damage get nullified and there's no Ancient Healer in sight.

Or if I do see the offending mob, it's annoying as heck trying to get to it because I can't freaking move with all these chargers humping my leg to oblivion, and the constant knockdown from runners and leapers. By the time I can cut my way through the swarms to reach the mob, the damage is already done as my energy pool is empty, or I wasn't able to cut my way through because they had such insane damage reduction.

This is where I can see directional melee coming in, being able to jump and 'dash' towards a specific enemy and take them out with precision instead of hoping to kill them in the process of slicing everything to bits, or desperately trying to perform an air-copter and catch them in the attack.

Toxic overkill is really cheap though, but not as bad as getting crippled by something you can't even see. At least you can definitely see the no-zone fart clouds, but can't see that little sucker that's draining your energy or that tentacle-face that's making it impossible for you to kill anything.

Edited by Draciusen

My biggest problem is trying to take out the mob that's causing all these problems in melee.

Energy leech Eximus is annoying to find and can be 100 meters away.

Suddenly seeing my damage get nullified and there's no Ancient Healer in sight.

Or if I do see the offending mob, it's annoying as heck trying to get to it because I can't freaking move with all these chargers humping my leg to oblivion, and the constant knockdown from runners and leapers. By the time I can cut my way through the swarms to reach the mob, the damage is already done as my energy pool is empty, or I wasn't able to cut my way through because they had such insane damage reduction.

This is where I can see directional melee coming in, being able to jump and 'dash' towards a specific enemy and take them out with precision instead of hoping to kill them in the process of slicing everything to bits, or desperately trying to perform an air-copter and catch them in the attack.

Toxic overkill is really cheap though, but not as bad as getting crippled by something you can't even see. At least you can definitely see the no-zone fart clouds, but can't see that little sucker that's draining your energy or that tentacle-face that's making it impossible for you to kill anything.

Yeah, this is my issue with post-15/20 waves of Dark Sector/ODD.  You get bigger crowds, more auras, more eximi. 

You energy is going down... where's that bullet-sponge parasite?  Oh wait... there's more than one.  Oh wait... there's more than two, and you already kill two... and... no energy.  This is separate from the hordes of ancients with intersecting auras on everything.  Of course, PS4 hasn't received that "reduction in ancients" patch-wise yet.  

Basically, it can get annoying just trying to find/kill major targets inside a horde, especially when many are spawned at the same time.  Just vortexing/priming them is common, but that's pretty monotonous too and make the faction less interesting.  Toxin damage seems like overkill too, even if you bothered to slot the toxin resistance mod.

I agree with a lot of the points the OP makes.

DE seems to be falling into unimaginative pits when it comes to creativity with new enemies and abilities.

There's some kind of unwritten rule that...

1). All Grineer have to hit you through walls with undodgable, unmitigatable damage, and you can't dodge their fire whatsoever because it is hitscan and they have the complete opposite of the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy, that is, every low ranking grunt has near-perfect accuracy. Half of the Grineer forces have to have some kind of stun or knockdown, or other loss of CC effect on top of all of that.

2). All Infested have to damage your health directly. Who needs shields? Let's make it so that shields are useless! Oh, and let's make sure you can't stay at ranged, who cares about the use of tactics? Let's give hook ropes to all infested ancients even though it makes no freaking sense as to why they should have them.

3). Corpus continue to be the underdogs.

It is like "Come on, can't we have some variety here?"

Could we get a Grineer that doesn't CC or hit you through solid walls, or have a hitscan weapon? Could we get a Corpus Unit that we're actually afraid of beyond the Detron Crewman and maybe the Tech? Also, with the Detron Crewman, it feels kinda silly that the most dangerous Corpus Unit of all uses a freaking pistol... while we laugh at the guys with the rifles and murder them in droves; their robots are even more pathetic except for the Fusion Moa.

Could we get an infested that doesn't do MOAR TOXINS to make your shields useless?

face it guys, your crying because your actually dying for once

god forbid you have to actually do something to avoid dying or work as a team

you call it cheap , but is it really ?

yeah the infested are dangerous, and now they are extremely dangerous

maybe they are working as intended now and you just cant adjust to the fact they can easily kill you

infested should overpower you and you should fear them

well alot of players enjoy them as they are now, its more challenging and it fits their theme as a faction

DE was very creative and imaginative with infested revamp they did a great job

yes toxin and grappling hooks are annoying, so what ? thats the point 

Hahaha. Hahahahaha.

\*facepalm*

Ash can kill lv 70 ancients quite easily with bladestorm modded correctly, thou i dont play ash that way.

Really?

Ahem

- Yes abuse the good ol camp on a high spot with a maxed Vortex/Bastille build.

- Yes abuse the good ol absorb and chaos spam build. Still. Those auras and one-shot farts will get to you eventually, good luck with that

- Nekros, the only good suggestion you said so far, shame its locked behind grindwalls for newer players

- Yes abuse the good ol Bladestorm build, why don't you head on back to pvp as well and "farm" play with some fellow tenno too. Also as Evanescent states that damage falls flat on its face at some stage. Also healers.

- Nova would work if her health wasn't crap and susceptible to Toxic Eximi and Gas.

- Frost snow globe, not a bad suggestion at all for MD/Def. Keeps Toxic Ancient's fart attacks away, slows down ospreys, keeps grapples away yet still has balance in the form of an energy cost (which you won't have anyway because energy leeches), health and a timer. Congrats, your semi-first valid, "argument" has been acknowledged.

TL;DR: 1) This is incredibly high tier gear, not everyone will have access to it and to the mods to make these builds work. 2) You obviously didn't read my reply whatsoever, only wishing to flail about on the forums trying to regain what little sense of grip you had on an debate like a dying animal trapped in a corner. 3) You post a smartass comment you get a smartass answer, I'm not going to say it again this is not a place for snarky remarks (we've had our fun but time to stop). Contribute effectively ffs.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

face it guys, your crying because your actually dying for once

god forbid you have to actually do something to avoid dying or work as a team

you call it cheap , but is it really ?

yeah the infested are dangerous, and now they are extremely dangerous

maybe they are working as intended now and you just cant adjust to the fact they can easily kill you

infested should overpower you and you should fear them

well alot of players enjoy them as they are now, its more challenging and it fits their theme as a faction

DE was very creative and imaginative with infested revamp they did a great job

yes toxin and grappling hooks are annoying, so what ? thats the point 

Challenging:

- Calling for full use of one's abilities or resources in a difficult but stimulating effort
- Difficult in a way that is usually interesting or enjoyable

Imo being farted one and dying from 8 meters away in an attack that half a second to accomplish isn't fun, being grappled from a distance you thought wasn't possible, during which you had no time to avoid, in a lore-breaking and completely unsatisfying way is not how the game should be. Yes we are dying, but not in a way thats fair nor avoidable at times.

Even during Prime time we got a glimpse of how stupidly OP the Toxic Ancient fart was. One shotted everything they threw at it except for one scorpion (in which the Toxic used its fart on the player and not the scorpion, effectively removing its attack for another 10 seconds or so)

As for working as a team, you should be doing that regardless for all missons, though there are some people who do the entire game solo (with good reason). What about them? We screw them over enough as it is with higher xp gain and a functioning revive system.

The upcoming items are creative to say the least, and I applaud them for making such awesome designs for the future. But for what DE has done recently it seems to be more of a "lets add poison damage to everything we can find and think about the consequences later"

Btw yes, yes the attacks are VERY cheap.
Edited by KilelrDrone492

OP, you're overstating the danger posed by infested. Only in long survivals and defenses will you encounter ospreys and ancients that kill you through shields with one attack. At normal levels, they're not nearly as dangerous. Yes, the sniper hooks are cheap as hell. But all that other stuff? You'd have to go 40 minutes to see an osprey who could chunk your health like that. At that point, you're supposed to be getting killed.

I never said the Ospreys one shot, tbh I'm completely fine with them. It's those Toxic Ancients I'm primarily worried about as they will one shot you.

I think we have misunderstanding? I refer to farts as the Toxic Ancient gas attack, not the Ospreys one

I refer to farts as the Toxic Ancient gas attack, not the Ospreys one

Ah those. Sorry about that.

Really, the same applies on those though. At low levels they're dangerous, but nowhere near dangerous enough. If it was up to me they'd do a lot more damage, given how short ranged they are. Right now even squishy frames can tank shots from them. Unless you scale way up, they're not going to kill you all that fast. 

Overall, the infested are (still) the easiest faction. They need more dangerous stuff, not less.

Ah those. Sorry about that.

Really, the same applies on those though. At low levels they're dangerous, but nowhere near dangerous enough. If it was up to me they'd do a lot more damage, given how short ranged they are. Right now even squishy frames can tank shots from them. Unless you scale way up, they're not going to kill you all that fast. 

Overall, the infested are (still) the easiest faction. They need more dangerous stuff, not less.

Ah really? I find myself being one-shotted over anything Toxic Ancient level 25 with anything that isn't Rhino/Frost/Saryn, even more so if it procs.

Round level 10 - 20 its usually around half health for me

Ahem

- Yes abuse the good ol camp on a high spot with a maxed Vortex/Bastille build.

- Yes abuse the good ol absorb and chaos spam build. Still. Those auras and one-shot farts will get to you eventually, good luck with that

- Nekros, the only good suggestion you said so far, shame its locked behind grindwalls for newer players

- Yes abuse the good ol Bladestorm build, why don't you head on back to pvp as well and "farm" play with some fellow tenno too. Also as Evanescent states that damage falls flat on its face at some stage. Also healers.

- Nova would work if her health wasn't crap and susceptible to Toxic Eximi and Gas.

- Frost snow globe, not a bad suggestion at all for MD/Def. Keeps Toxic Ancient's fart attacks away, slows down ospreys, keeps grapples away yet still has balance in the form of an energy cost (which you won't have anyway because energy leeches), health and a timer. Congrats, your semi-first valid, "argument" has been acknowledged.

TL;DR: 1) This is incredibly high tier gear, not everyone will have access to it and to the mods to make these builds work. 2) You obviously didn't read my reply whatsoever, only wishing to flail about on the forums trying to regain what little sense of grip you had on an debate like a dying animal trapped in a corner. 3) You post a smartass comment you get a smartass answer, I'm not going to say it again this is not a place for snarky remarks (we've had our fun but time to stop). Contribute effectively ffs.

Not a palce for snarky comments but replying that way?

Hypocrite? Irony? Petty? Check!

I only named a few and they dont take high end mods to pull off

youre just exxagerating at this point

Theres also ember who rapes infested when build for taking down ancients

Volt whos electricity is abusable on infested

Loki cause invisibility?

Trinity pretty much trolls every faction but with infested she can do it more

Zephyr can stand on or near tornadoes for defense

Hydroid can press 3 and basically batch up enemies for a boom

Saryn can literally outrun any infested with her 2 and get to a safe spot

Mirage just kinda stands there while they melee her clones

You can also stand in a dark spot for the extra defense and melee or shoot the infested as they come at you in a straight line as they always do

I think ive already named most of the frames and im thoroughly convinced theyre still the easiest faction by far

Infested are not hard at all unless you're running in gun blazing with your head up your @$$. The only reason the infested are so OP is because of the new ancient abilities. Ancients now provide their brethren protection which makes the whole harder. SO reasoning that, WHAT WOULD A LOGICAL TENNO DO? Shoot the Ancient causing the buffs.

Thats ALL YOU HAVE TO DO! Make ancients you're top priority because the ancients can't buff THEMSELVES. I've even created a little cheat sheet for players that I might post. If you get the jump on the ancient as soon as it's in sight the whole faction becomes a joke again.

I can confirm the Infested can grapple you with perfect accuracy even while sliding. And I don't mean while coasting to a stop, I mean while you're rocketing across the floor. If they want you they will grab you and there's nothing you can do to stop them. Rolling doesn't work either.

What's funny is that stepping 1 foot to the right when they shoot at you will cause them to miss lol

Anyway, for any Banshee players, in emergencies learn to counter the grapples with Sonic Boom. The grapples won't grab you while you're in the SB animation.

Edited by DarkTails