Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Frames For Things They Arent Meant For

Escantell

So I get extreme personal pleasure out of using frames for the opposite of what they are designed for. For example: sneaking as rhino, attempting to tank as loki (doesnt work so well, but still). I dont do it on public/friend matches, but it's insanely satisfying to do solo, and helps refresh my will to play this game a lot.

What about you all?  Ever just ignore a warframes inate purpose for funsies?

My main frame is my frost prime built as an offensive ability-based caster. Stats like a Rhino and can cast like an Ember? Yes please.

I don't have Snow globe equipped, haven't for more than a year. Snowglobe is a crutch which I find unnecessary the majority of the time.

Source: 1000+ in-game hours, frost prime @ 22% usage over all.

Trinity's 1 and 2 are really nice single target CC skills that cast fast and constantly return HP and energy. Use with melee or close range weapons to take advantage of the limited power-return range. Obviously not enough targets for any significant length of time playing endless, but it does well enough in all standard non-endless mission types and will make people o.O at you.

I main Nyx as a melee frame.

Orthos with a channeling build, using Mind Control and Chaos to keep enemies from focus-firing on me while I chop them up 3-4 at a time.

And, if it really gets bad, absorb is the perfect way to turn the tide.

I took off psychic bolts for a Quick Rest one day, and then never looked back.

I sometimes go full Melee as Ember. Pretty fun. Not sure if it's the "direct opposite" of her since most of her powers need her to be at least mid range, but her low shields and lacking health certainly makes it a challenge.

You have no idea how much I wish Accelerant's stagger enabled finishers like Valkyr's Paralysis.

A Loki built exclusively for SWITCH TELEPORT! :D

FEAR ME

It was viable when dropping an enemy off a ledge actually killed them. Now, everyone just gets teleported back on top. It's an ability that had its utility removed, but was never retooled because Loki has so many other viable abilities.