Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime?

InsuranceFraud

Tbh I'd rather see a Prime weapon that finally beats/replaces Boltor Prime.

A single arrow from Paris Prime does 20 times more damage than a round from Boltor Prime.  >_>

It's just requires a lot more skill to use so it's not as popular.

Personally I'd like to see a Vectis prime (as there currently is no primed sniper as of yet), alongside Kogake prime (or Obex Vandal as I prefer it over the Kogake).

However I'd say the Strun, Bolto and the Gram are the most likely candidates for the next priming, as they are the oldest, currently unprimed weapons to my knowledge.

A single arrow from Paris Prime does 20 times more damage than a round from Boltor Prime.  >_>

It's just requires a lot more skill to use so it's not as popular.

No denying that there are better weapons out there, I'm more talking about finally seeing a new go-to "wrek S#&$" weapon that everynoob and their mother defaults to when they don't want to experience challenge or display marksmanship.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

Power creep indeed.

I am a fan of power creep. It ushers in new ages of overkill.

In a primarily PVE game, power creep isn't really such a bad thing.

Yup. It's fun. Hope Soma Prime will have more power and juice. I like to see hundreds of bullets pumped into the incoming crowd and punctured through the bodies hitting next-next guys and next guys behind, bloods & guts splattered and exited along with those punctured-through-bullets, and at the same time sending bodies flying everywhere. It feels awesome.

Oh, the Soma Prime is definitely going to happen. It's just a matter of when.

I'd fully expect this weapon to properly leverage red crits, but in an autofire rifle format. This does need to happen.

The best thing of all is all the angst it'll cause in the self-righteous hipster subset of the community. The tears that will flow will make a fine bore cleaning solvent.

I'd prime any other weapon before the Soma.

It'd be stupid to prime an overused weapon

To be honest I don't see as many Somas (Somi?) out there as I used to.  The people that pick weapons based purely on stats are all about the Boltor Prime now and the people that pick weapons for aesthetic reasons tend not to like it because of the lackluster cap-gun sound effect.  It's a fantastically powerful rifle when used properly but it appeals to a smaller audience now.

I personally hope Soma Prime doesn't see the light of day. As is, even though I think the Soma turned to crap after D2.0, it's a viable weapon and is already of decent status as is. If anything, it's too soon to prime it. I'd say wait until U17 or post-beta (meaning later or never).

I'll stick with my dread, thank you.

I'd say based on the niches that haven't been filled, these are primes we're likely to see in the next few Prime bundles:

Primary: Vectis Prime, Tigris Prime, Sybaris Prime

Secondary: Aklex Prime, Furis/Akfuris Prime, Bolto Prime

Melee: Kama Prime/Dual Prime Kamas, Fragor Prime, Prime Nikana

Edited by Spacetimer

making a better versions of an OP weapon is not the best choice when the game needs more balance. i think they should choose weapons that need to be revived. supra for example. but the soma prime does look very nice.

People should stop to call everything OP, especially the Soma. Yes it is a really strong weapon but far away from being "OP".

I'd like it since DE makes some pretty beautiful looking weapons, but the normal Soma is OP already. Seriously, a crit build with lots of multi-shot is utterly overpowered. Adding fire rate (Shred is usually the best) and the event mods that have elemental damage and give extra status chance simply allow you to annihilate anything in the game.

Edited by Tymerc