Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?

Letter13

The argument of "If I post it in general, more people will see it" is a flawed logic that self perpetuates itself. It allows others to get into the mentality of "I only need to check general, and I can put in my opinion on everything". If feedback were actually routinely put into the feedback sections, that would mean those people would actually need to go to the feedback section to see these things and post their opinion on them. Additionally, while general discussion might attract more USER attention, it will attract less DEV attention, as I suspect developers mostly stick to their own department's bug and feedback subforums.

Personally, I mostly stick to just the feedback forums, as I tend to think of general discussion as a place where the miscellaneous things go. Hype threads, discussion of experiences, and other fairly insignificant things.

Edited by Tails-san

The argument of "If I post it in general, more people will see it" is a flawed logic that self perpetuates itself. It allows others to get into the mentality of "I only need to check general, and I can put in my opinion on everything".

You. I like you. Have all my upvotes!

Heed this man's words, there is much wisdom in them. :)

salve a tutti... sapete se i server sono a posto e se si può giocare di nuovo??

I used Google translate, and:

"Hello everyone ... you know if the servers are in place and if you can play again?"

This isn't the thread to ask for status on stability/connectivity, please refer to this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/216470-41614-updateconnectivity-issues/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Imo anything can belong to general thats not off-topic, it even says in the description of the forum: "All Warframe related Discussion here!". Generally general topics are shorter than sub-forum topics as the forum moves fast. There shouldnt be any specific "general" thread type like described here.

Want deep discussion? -> Post in sub-forum

Want quick answers? -> Post in general

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you're giving feedback on the state of the game.

It's a very general discussion about how a better new player experience won't be such a great thing when the said new players realize what the game is like currently. If that's feedback then you might as well just move about 80% of the threads in GD to feedback sections...

If that's feedback then you might as well just move about 80% of the threads in GD to feedback sections...

I already move tons of threads every day, and my fellow moderators do so as well.

If you feel it's not enough, we need everyone's help to do this as we cannot read every thread in GD at all times. Please use the report function for threads that you think belong in the feedback sections, and the mods will action them accordingly.

Hey do you think we could get more customization for colors like chromatic colors and stuff as well as being able to change the color on prime items gold? Also could you try and redesign energy's lighter color effect so that the darkest colors dont turn really light or even white on some skills? It'd be nice if you could saturate certain effects like fire blast with really dark colors?

Honestly just saturating the energy effects and adding in chrome colors so if someone likes a frame and doesnt have the prime version but wants to match all of their prime weapons then they can make it look like a prime frame.