Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?

Letter13

блин проблема помогите решить не работает чат показывает, что грузит но толку нет. если кто знает помогите 

I used Google translate and it seems you're reporting an issue about chat not working. Please see the megathread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/281044-the-post-1413-firewall-error-barren-friends-list-and-chat-issues-megathread/

Thanks, sorry about double posting, I didn't realise I quoted self until I posted.

Here's the thread DE_ Steve made about it. If I'm not wrong its the official response;  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256374-re-warframe-shares-late-response-is-late/

Also, bleh don't apologize to me of all people, I'm not even a moderator

Letter13 and Tulzscha answer often here, they usually accept pm's about anything forum related if you need more help

Edited by Somedude1000

Here's the thread made about it. If I'm not wrong its the official response;https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/256374-re-warframe-shares-late-response-is-late/

Also, bleh don't apologize to me of all people, I'm not even a moderator

Letter13 and Tulzscha answer often here, they usually accept pm's about anythign forum related if you need more help

Just being a mannerful person ahaha, I don't get far without being courteous :D

So i want to post a picture of my doge... id like to find out price and stuff :3 general discussion aint the place, is it?

edit: by doge i mean kubrows... bad habit xD im just curious if i can find out a fair price to sell the prints at :3

Edited by Corrigane

So i want to post a picture of my doge... id like to find out price and stuff :3 general discussion aint the place, is it?

edit: by doge i mean kubrows... bad habit xD im just curious if i can find out a fair price to sell the prints at :3

That appropriate place to ask for advice on anything Warframe-related would be Players Helping Players.

If you need help and advice, we have the Players Helping Players section:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/38-players-helping-players

Also, the PHP section has a cool new feature where a "best answer" can be chosen, which is an effective way of finding the right answers quickly. :) 

• 1 month later...

I have a question.

I started a thread to gather the many topics of Lore discussion and debate that is a frequent theme in General.

Even though it's nice to have new players taking an interest in Lore, they ask questions asked and resolved many times.

To facilitate info-search and discuss further, I figured General still is tge best place, in the absense of a proper Lore section.

However, my thread got moved to Fan Zone, not very apropriate in my mind.

Now, I would prefer a Lore section. However, is there any chance of moving the thread back if I rename it to General Lore Discussion Index?

The thread is here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/296598-general-lore-discussion-index-tenno-the-universe-and-everything/?p=3379040

-snip-

Your thread was sharing fan based experiences from the game, any and all fan experience, particularly involving screenshots and videos but occasionally also lore, are sent to fan zone as achievement sharing if I am not mistaken. Fan Zone frequently also has non-roleplay stories posted there, so perhaps your thread was simply mix-matched 

Or, someone reported your post saying it belonged in fan zone as opposed to general discussion, but ither way, lore collection to that detail is some sort of achievement, I believe. 

Edited by Somedude1000

Hmm. Well I still do not agree with Lore Discussion being Fan Zone.

It is at its core a open debate/theory sharing .

Every time a new Who are the Orokin? Thread comes along, it gathers a few pages and dies. Over and over again.

Agreed ... !+

Storyline is vital for long term success in this industry

DE knows that, the players know that

It is time for this to officially affirmed and grant Lore Discussion its own distinct category

A Lore Discussion would be constrained to analysis of established story material wherein certitude and conjectural implications could be examined

Fan Fiction consists of additive creative content of possible or potential game material, not the rigorous scrutiny of established or implied content

To put it another way:  Lore Discussion is the study of "what is" while Fan Fiction is a gallery of imaginative "what if?"

Given the historical and even implicit contentious nature of a Lore Discussion category, it is understood additional duty and time demands would be placed on the forum Moderators and even probable that some be specifically tasked

However, the benefits of having polite robust discussion should significantly outweigh the burden of additional organization  

Edited by ElHefe

-snip-

-snip-

Most lore material is allowed in general discussion, but because you established a megathread for it, the mods probably felt it was a fan resource rather than GD, and moved it to fan zone to allow for more space for more urgent topics to be discussed in GD...

While there is a specific need for it, there does not seem to be any particular place for lore to b e discussed, and as such, Fan Zone is where your thread was moved, as most fanfics are placed there as well.

I have a question.

I started a thread to gather the many topics of Lore discussion and debate that is a frequent theme in General.

Even though it's nice to have new players taking an interest in Lore, they ask questions asked and resolved many times.

To facilitate info-search and discuss further, I figured General still is tge best place, in the absense of a proper Lore section.

However, my thread got moved to Fan Zone, not very apropriate in my mind.

Now, I would prefer a Lore section. However, is there any chance of moving the thread back if I rename it to General Lore Discussion Index?

The thread is here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/296598-general-lore-discussion-index-tenno-the-universe-and-everything/?p=3379040

If you believe your post should be in GD after reading this thread PM the mod who moved it and discuss it with them. That being said it seems to be in the correct place.

Hmm, if the concensus is Lore must be confined to Fan Zone, then I will comply. However, a suggestion then is to clarify this rule further.

Ie: To discuss Lore and find answers, go to Fan Zone, new topics like Who built Ordis? Is allowed for a limited time.

Have I got it right?

Hmm, if the concensus is Lore must be confined to Fan Zone, then I will comply. However, a suggestion then is to clarify this rule further.

Ie: To discuss Lore and find answers, go to Fan Zone, new topics like Who built Ordis? Is allowed for a limited time.

Have I got it right?

Well, I think i didn't explain properly, because lore threads I've seen so far are 50 / 50 between fan zone and GD.

Lore does belong in general discussion, but a collection of lore becomes a fan resource for it, and especially if that lore is speculation, it is placed along fanfiction in fan zone, but it really depends on the mods once you post in GD, and most don't have the time to analyse our threads, so if someone reports your thread as being more suitable in fan zone, it is highly likely it will be moved there..

GD should be safe for lore threads, but it may be safe to say a pm to a mod may be necessary if you are very unsure

Ok lets see if I got this then.

A collection of threads is considered a fan resource and belong in Fan Zone.

A new thread is ok, as long as it does not delve too far into theory.

So to avoid soaking too much time into the wrong places, I shall then place future efforts like this in Fan Zone directly.

Im ok with this, so long as I can direct people to Fan Zone if need arise in General Discussion threads.

You see, the reason I want a Lore Index is to pin down the conclusions and most common/agreed upon answers to the big Lore issues.

Sure, some are bound to be speculative, are the Sentients machines? Were the Orokin alien demigods in golden exosuits? We do not know. Yet.

Oh well, I will carry on and rest my case.

Edited by arch111

Ok lets see if I got this then.

A collection of threads is considered a fan resource and belong in Fan Zone.

A new thread is ok, as long as it does not delve too far into theory.

So to avoid soaking too much time into the wrong places, I shall then place future efforts like this in Fan Zone directly.

Im ok with this, so long as I can direct people to Fan Zone if need arise in General Discussion threads.

You see, the reason I want a Lore Index is to pin down the conclusions and most common/agreed upon answers to the big Lore issues.

Sure, some are bound to be speculative, are the Sentients machines? Were the Orokin alien demigods in golden exosuits? We do not know. Yet.

Oh well, I will carry on and rest my case.

I believe that's about right, don't be to down about it though bro, there's a reason they are designated there after al...

I liked your lore index though, t'was a nice read

• 2 weeks later...

feedback forum is just a way of saying "you have ideas?" "go rant to the wind, don't talk about productive things this is for hype"

The devs potentially don't always get to read the feedback section, in my experience, PMming suggestions to devs receives much better results, plenty of things in game are not the best they could e, but feedback is  a step in the right direction to tell the devs what we want / need to see in the game.

Most of the time, feedback that becomes hot topics are the only ones they have time to read, because thats where general player consensus is, and that is where actionable changes can be suggested and received.

Some of my direct suggestions to the devs which have received these answers;

--On codex issues and certain suggestions to improve it;

U77vH2L.png

--On the condition of the forums and how and why they can be better

whfURug.png

A devs statement on what goes into making warframe;

dNHBr7L.png

Please, keep the thread constructive and limited to discussions on where threads should go, bro. If you believe feedback is not what it can be, I highly suggets pmming something constructive to the devs on why it is not as awesome as it can be, so that future feedback receives better attention and more reaction from them.

feedback forum is just a way of saying "you have ideas?" "go rant to the wind, don't talk about productive things this is for hype"

Judging by your tone, I think you would be shocked at how often the developers read the feedback section.

Also "raw" ideas (for things not in the game currently) go in Fan Concepts. Feedback is the place for players to give their opinions and thoughts on how something that already exists in the game is or how things within the game could be improved.

General Discussion is not a dumping ground for threads that you want to get publicity with. If it doesn't belong in General Discussion, your thread is at risk of moving and you're at risk of being given a 0-point warning (but if you're a repeat offender it may be escalated to a 30-day temporary warning).