Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aldnoah Zero

Deidaku

I was keeping up with it before it ended.(actually started watching it as episode 9 released, my god that cliffhanger was nearly unbearable!) It's really good, and I'm curious to see where they're going to take it from where it's left off.

Based on the way they've treated their MC's so far, it reminds me of AoT, I'm hoping the second season turns out well.

Looking at the .gifs... the CGI seems like it would have been better off just being normally animated.

Actually, the CGI fits it very well. Though to be honset, the gifs to make it look a bit worse, because they didn't look that bad when I was watching the episodes.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

I was keeping up with it before it ended.(actually started watching it as episode 9 released, my god that cliffhanger was nearly unbearable!) It's really good, and I'm curious to see where they're going to take it from where it's left off.

Based on the way they've treated their MC's so far, it reminds me of AoT, I'm hoping the second season turns out well.

Actually, the CGI fits it very well. Though to be honset, the gifs to make it look a bit worse, because they didn't look that bad when I was watching the episodes.

Same opinion on the CGI

It worked fine imo

PArt 2 is gonna be balls to the walls action tastic and gut wrenching....

The mech's CGI is... really underwhelming, frankly. It's not a bad show, but getting used to the CGI doesn't somehow make it good. I've seen a number of different mecha series, and for something modern, it's not that great. Knights of Sidonia's CGI is comparable, but you can tell that it's definitively better, while a show like Majestic Prince has better CGI overall (I suggest looking up the transformation sequences, they're amazing). However, Aldnoah.Zero would do better with traditional animation. That's probably its biggest artistic flaw.

However, the ending was incredibly frustrating and disappointing. The show has a lot of potential, but its story has floundered and constantly feels directionless and meaningless. Depressing and dark is one thing, but the last episode was almost laughable. The emotional impact was forced. At the very least, apparently Gen Urobuchi had no hand in the final episode's writing, so I can't blame him for that much.

Still,

does the princess really have to "die" three times to get the point across? This is getting ridiculous. Will she just come back again? WHO KNOWS. Cyborg princess confirmed for cour two, les'go.

The mech's CGI is... really underwhelming, frankly. It's not a bad show, but getting used to the CGI doesn't somehow make it good. I've seen a number of different mecha series, and for something modern, it's not that great. Knights of Sidonia's CGI is comparable, but you can tell that it's definitively better, while a show like Majestic Prince has better CGI overall (I suggest looking up the transformation sequences, they're amazing). However, Aldnoah.Zero would do better with traditional animation. That's probably its biggest artistic flaw.

However, the ending was incredibly frustrating and disappointing. The show has a lot of potential, but its story has floundered and constantly feels directionless and meaningless. Depressing and dark is one thing, but the last episode was almost laughable. The emotional impact was forced. At the very least, apparently Gen Urobuchi had no hand in the final episode's writing, so I can't blame him for that much.

Still,

does the princess really have to "die" three times to get the point across? This is getting ridiculous. Will she just come back again? WHO KNOWS. Cyborg princess confirmed for cour two, les'go.

That's Gen urobutcher for ya

Dammit why inaho , we were about to get some kind of emotion from him and then he dies D:

Ended like a week ago, but definitely a great series overall. Very smart action and a much more interesting concept than a traditional mecha anime. The CGI was serviceable to me, as it wasn't as bad as Gonzo, or previous attempts. They didn't attempt to mask it anywhere either, which rarely turns out well.

He looked super dead.

It's urobochi we're talking about , no miracles  no surviving with the power of friendship *looks at fairy tail*

There was a pool of blood, but nothing indicated he was definitively dead. Could've just zinged him on the side of his head! Also the Princess definitely died and came back, so it's not unheard of in this series.