Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon 5% Crit Chance? Why So Low?

Pearlkryer

Why does this weapon only have 5% crit. chance?

Considering that you need a Latron (or Latron wraith) to build this weapon.

I would've expected at least 10% (like the normal Latron) or 15%, because this should actually be an upgrade.

Other than that, it's a okay weapon with a nice reload animation.

Well this is basically a Burston Prime with over 50% more damage while only reducing the fire rate of 40%. Having crits on this thing would be crazy OP.

Or if you want to see it in another way a Sybaris without crits and 10 less damage, but with double fire rate and 3x magazine capacity . 

Edited by Melkia

Why does this weapon only have 5% crit. chance?

Considering that you need a Latron (or Latron wraith) to build this weapon.

I would've expected at least 10% (like the normal Latron) or 15%, because this should actually be an upgrade.

Other than that, it's a okay weapon with a nice reload animation.

instead of focusing on cirts to multiply the dmg instead it turned into a burst weapon which triples (or even 6x w/ multishot) if it had crits it would probably get nerfed

its its 5 per shot so you actually got ((1 * 0.05 )*bullet count) chance of at least one crit + the sum of the chances of multiple crits for each bullet from 2 to bullet count

which is still low but not exactly 5

Edited by Edgedemon

The weapon is built to be a raw DPS powerhouse.  It's better to look at the total damage per trigger pull, as opposed to per shot, since generally the intention is that each trigger pull is as fast as each shot on a semi-auto weapon, like the Latron.  Or to look at it another way, Borderlands 2 players might be familiar with weapons that did a lot of damage per shot, but consumed multiple rounds per shot to justify that power.  Burst weapons follow a similar premise - a lot of damage per trigger pull, but less ammo efficient.

A weapon doesn't need high damage and high crit chance and crit multiplier to be good.  It's pretty sad that some people won't look at a weapon unless it completely blows everything else out of the water, but alas, DE isn't making new content for these people, and thank goodness for that.

This is by far one of the best precision rifles in game.  A strong competitor for the Burston Prime and Latron Prime.

for those who can't do math.

Tiberon base DPS: 60 (base damage) * 6.7 ( fire rate) = 402 * 3 shot burst = roughly 1206 (this number may be off due to burst delay, but still)

for comparison

Boltor P base DPS: 55 (base damage) * 10 (fire rate) = 550, no other base DPS multipliers.

so in other words, this weapon is good, VERY good. so next time you proclaim something to suck, pull out your calculator and show us some facts, because if something doesn't have evidence to back it up, it's bullsh*t.

Tiberon base DPS: 60 (base damage) * 6.7 ( fire rate) = 402 * 3 shot burst = roughly 1206 (this number may be off due to burst delay, but still)

for comparison

Boltor P base DPS: 55 (base damage) * 10 (fire rate) = 550, no other base DPS multipliers.

so in other words, this weapon is good, VERY good. so next time you proclaim something to suck, pull out your calculator and show us some facts, because if something doesn't have evidence to back it up, it's bullsh*t.

I didn't say this weapon sucks, I just asked why it only has 5% crit chance.

Also I think the DPS for the Tiberon should be 402 and not 1206. The Fire Rate shows how much shots you can fire per second, and the Tiberon can rougly fire 6 shots per second. (without the burst delay 6.7 would be correct)

Still it's a nice weapon. Not better to beat the Boltor Prime but it's good.

I didn't say this weapon sucks, I just asked why it only has 5% crit chance.

Also I think the DPS for the Tiberon should be 402 and not 1206. The Fire Rate shows how much shots you can fire per second, and the Tiberon can rougly fire 6 shots per second. (without the burst delay 6.7 would be correct)

Still it's a nice weapon. Not better to beat the Boltor Prime but it's good.

zuperkid over there might've been posting towards the few in this thread that blatantly stated the weapon sucked (while also insulting DE with their lack of an IQ).

That said, while I haven't obtained this weapon yet (Taking a little break from Warframe. Not saying I'm bored; just got life to attend to) I can see on paper it's a pretty damn good weapon IF you have the aim for it. Not the best, but sure as hell not the worst.

for comparison

You can't arbitrarily throw a * 3 in your equation and then compare its dps (multiplied by 3) to the Boltor Prime. Its fire rate is 6.7, not 20, shots per second.

You might also look at the fact that Tiberon spends about a third of its time reloading.

It prolly does perfectly respectable damage, but nowhere near Boltor Prime.

Edited by Inez

what kind of question is this, seriously. stop complaining things when u didnt even use it.

I'm using it. 1 Time Forma already.

I just asked why the crit. chance is so low, because it seemed weaker to me then the normal Latron.

(I would've posted this in general discussion, but DE moderators seem to move these kind of threads always to weapon feedback)

Edited by Pearlkryer

I just asked why the crit. chance is so low, because it seemed weaker to me then the normal Latron.

(I would've posted this in general discussion, but DE moderators seem to move these kind of threads always to weapon feedback)

lower crit doesnt mean it's weak. boltor p has 5% crit chance too

im more worreid about that 2.5% status chance..

It fires 3 bullets at a time so that's actually 7.5 status more when you add in multishot add all that status event mods 240% more status chance that means each trigger pull will give you a 25.5% status chance thats if you use all the event mods. But this is not a status gun so it dose not matter. i am assuming if split chamber let you fire 5 bullets when it procs that a 42.5% chance to status a enemy

Edited by LurkenLurker

Idk why DE insist on throw S#&$ty content, learn to create a weapon first instead of making more useless stuff 

DE doesnt know how to balance stuff and trust they dont want learn to do it either.

Boy, you guys must be the best employees at Digital Extremes. You must know the inner workings of the company pretty darn well to make any form of assumption like that.

Edited by Kashiki

Short answer: Balance.

Long answer: Because crit chance is just one pathway to damage. High base damage is another. This gun has high base damage; adding good crit chance would make it too powerful. Adding medium crit chance would make it not quite good enough for a crit build, and have spikey damage. The current low crit chance means a nice even damage curve, compared to the slightly spikey, risk-vs-reward headshot crit multilplier of the latron wraith, sybaris (and kinda, prime).

So, the gun fills a different role.

Probably because it's a burst weapon, and excels in other fields than the latron (but im not positive on that)

The Sybaris is a burst weapon too and is superior in both crit chance and status chance. Its really disappointing, they could have done something good with this weapon.

Boy, you guys must be the best employees at Digital Extremes. You must know the inner workings of the company pretty darn well to make any form of assumption like that.

Because the fan base needs inside knowledge to know somethings wrong? Come on now, stop $&*^ riding DE.