Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon 5% Crit Chance? Why So Low?

Pearlkryer

The fact that just about every weapon is viable all the way up to "endgame"?

What makes it viable is that it will get you through 99% of game content and how much you enjoy using it.

Min/maxing is fun for a while. Then you start to stop caring about numbers or whether weapon A is slightly better then weapon B.

As WF is now there isn't even really a need to have that kind of attitude considering the efficiency gap between most weapons of a similar class is negligible and only relevant if you plan on going to 60+ min survivals and breaking the game.

If I had to break it down I couldn't give you a number heavy speel about what makes it viable over crit heavy weapons because I'm yet to use it.

Well, seeing as crit doubles your damage in the case of most weapons and sometimes even triples it, having crit chance is important if you want to get higher numbers of damage. Statuses like gas can be extremely useful for infested in defense because it staggers them and the Grakata benefits from this greatly. As a person who does solo, choosing weapons has more of an impact whereas most people in the group won't be too fused with what you have as long as it does decent damage. In solo having a weapon that is just a tad bit weaker can result in a failed mission so I've began to appreciate these two things more. That doesn't mean that every weapon needs crazy amounts of crit chance or status chance but since you're sacrificing a Latron (has a higher crit chance) you would expect an upgrade in that aspect so I can see why people are annoyed/upset about it. There's enough stats for DE to workup to make something with the status chance and crit chance as we have already seen with weapons like the Nukor which is interesting in the way it works. I just don't feel as if DE is making much use of this and getting creative. 

Edited by Slamyourjam

True, too bad that's not what I said.

What I said is that two people can make reasonable, logical arguments about why weapon A is better or why weapon B is better. And yet neither is correct or incorrect.

That is what I am referring to as balance. Balance is subjective, in case you haven't noticed.

Did I ever say that balance wasn't subjective? No. 

Balancing tends to lean more towards the majority from what I've seen though. 

The tiberon is just as good as the sybaris? Oh, I don't know. Seeing as I hit 3-4k with it plus viral damage and some magazine mods to help with the consistency I'd say it pretty much destroys Tiberon. That being said I shouldn't be bringing up modded weapons but the status chance makes it a beast!

Just as good. A single burst from either gun is able to kill well into T4, and the Tiberon fires more bursts. You have more room on the Tiberon for other mods without the magazine mods. Though really, the fact that anyone is able to argue this means they're decent alternatives. Which they are.

What? I never said you have to agree with me, I'm completely fine with that. I have yet to see any negativity or criticism from you towards DE and their decisions, in fact you were defending their decisions. Until I see you disagreeing with someone DE has done I can't take you seriously.

I have my problems with the game. If you'd like to read back through my posts you can find them. I wouldn't be here if I was satisfied, would I? But seriously, I'm honestly surprised you'd say something like that. You seem like a smart guy, surely you see the problem there.

I could say the same thing to you anyways. I only ever see you disagreeing with things, until I see you agree with something I can't take you seriously. See?

Just as good. A single burst from either gun is able to kill well into T4, and the Tiberon fires more bursts. You have more room on the Tiberon for other mods without the magazine mods. Though really, the fact that anyone is able to argue this means they're decent alternatives. Which they are.

I have my problems with the game. If you'd like to read back through my posts you can find them. I wouldn't be here if I was satisfied, would I? But seriously, I'm honestly surprised you'd say something like that. You seem like a smart guy, surely you see the problem there.

I could say the same thing to you anyways. I only ever see you disagreeing with things, until I see you agree with something I can't take you seriously. See?

Do you have any proof that both guns are able to go well into T4? Because the tougher enemies get the less effective the damage is going to be, this is where status still continues to be effective because the statuses that diminish shield, health or armor from my knowledge do not become weaker the further you get into the game. 

Touche, I have agreed with people on certain things though. If you look back at my post about Excalibur nerf you will find that I did agree with people and disagree, I have no bias because A) I don't know the developers therefore I have no personal feelings getting between my arguments and B) because I don't get attached to a product emotionally when reviewing it/criticizing it or having others do it. I can't say the same for you though, if I remember correctly you're close friends with some of the people at DE correct me if I'm wrong so it can be perceived as bias from your responses. I'm not trying to be rude here but I've seen no criticism from you towards DE's decisions. 

Do you have any proof that both guns are able to go well into T4? Because the tougher enemies get the less effective the damage is going to be, this is where status still continues to be effective because the statuses that diminish shield, health or armor from my knowledge do not become weaker the further you get into the game. 

Well, I like taking my Sybaris to T4. I've never done a long long survival with it, but it works well for Exterminate/Interception. I recently played an Exterminate with the Tiberon, and it was able to kill in one burst. The only place I had trouble were heavy gunners, it required two bursts to the head for them. 

Touche, I have agreed with people on certain things though. If you look back at my post about Excalibur nerf you will find that I did agree with people and disagree, I have no bias because A) I don't know the developers therefore I have no personal feelings getting between my arguments and B) because I don't get attached to a product emotionally when reviewing it/criticizing it or having others do it. I can't say the same for you though, if I remember correctly you're close friends with some of the people at DE correct me if I'm wrong so it can be perceived as bias from your responses. I'm not trying to be rude here but I've seen no criticism from you towards DE's decisions. 

Nope, not friends with anyone at DE =P 

I had some problems with the Excalibur nerf too, mainly the extraordinarily S#&$ty collision detection. Most of my complaints are art/overall game feel directed, I generally agree with DE's decisions when it comes to game balance and more technical topics. Considering you seem to be more interested in the technical side of things, it's understandable that that's all you see from me. Anyways, we're getting way off topic here. 

It's good, not every weapon has to be better than the last one you get or have a gimmick. I saw someone describe it as the karak of burst weapons and I have to agree:

High damage

Low status/crit

The gun is cool, it handles nicely. It's not a crime to have a straightforward weapon here and there.

Well, I like taking my Sybaris to T4. I've never done a long long survival with it, but it works well for Exterminate/Interception. I recently played an Exterminate with the Tiberon, and it was able to kill in one burst. The only place I had trouble were heavy gunners, it required two bursts to the head for them. 

Nope, not friends with anyone at DE =P 

I had some problems with the Excalibur nerf too, mainly the extraordinarily S#&$ty collision detection. Most of my complaints are art/overall game feel directed, I generally agree with DE's decisions when it comes to game balance and more technical topics. Considering you seem to be more interested in the technical side of things, it's understandable that that's all you see from me. Anyways, we're getting way off topic here. 

Ok, it seems your Sybaris is on par with the Tiberon but I don't know what you're running with in terms of mods so for all I know you could have a bad Sybaris build and a good Tiberon build. 

You had problems with the Excalibur nerf? Because if I remember correctly most of your responses were defending DE for nerfing Excalibur. Again, correct me if I'm wrong I haven't been to it in a while because no ones responded. If say that you're not friends with anyone at DE then I apologize, I wasn't trying to point fingers you just seemed to have more inside information than anyone in the forum we were talking in a couple of weeks back. Back onto topic then, yes?

Ok, it seems your Sybaris is on par with the Tiberon but I don't know what you're running with in terms of mods so for all I know you could have a bad Sybaris build and a good Tiberon build. 

I had decent builds for both, at least to my estimation. My Sybaris does have a forma in it though, while my Tiberon does not. The Sybaris does a lot more damage per shot, but because the Tiberon shoots more it kind of evens out. If you're more comfortable with a marksman rifle and you're able to land shots then the Sybaris works for you, but if you're not very accurate and want to get closer to enemies then the Tiberon is more forgiving. I'd actually consider them sidegrades to each other.

I had decent builds for both, at least to my estimation. My Sybaris does have a forma in it though, while my Tiberon does not. The Sybaris does a lot more damage per shot, but because the Tiberon shoots more it kind of evens out. If you're more comfortable with a marksman rifle and you're able to land shots then the Sybaris works for you, but if you're not very accurate and want to get closer to enemies then the Tiberon is more forgiving. I'd actually consider them sidegrades to each other.

Have you taken advantage of the Sybaris's status chance with status mods or added higher crit damage? I kill most things in one to two shots with mine but mines potato'd.

Edited by Slamyourjam

Have you taken advantage of the Sybaris's status chance with status mods or added higher crit damage? I kill most things in one to two shots with mine but mines potato'd.

Yeah, I do have a status build. Status really starts to shine when enemies become unkillably tough, and I tend not to play that far, so my results may be biased in that aspect. I do run increased crit damage on my Sybaris though. 

Basically, my opinion comes down to this: The Tiberon is a marksman rifle that trades damage for greater follow-up shot potential. I'd say it's a viable alternative to the Sybaris, depending on your playstyle. 

Yeah, I do have a status build. Status really starts to shine when enemies become unkillably tough, and I tend not to play that far, so my results may be biased in that aspect. I do run increased crit damage on my Sybaris though. 

Basically, my opinion comes down to this: The Tiberon is a marksman rifle that trades damage for greater follow-up shot potential. I'd say it's a viable alternative to the Sybaris, depending on your playstyle. 

Ok well I won't argue with you further on the topic seeing as you've made at least some of comparison between the weapons where as I have not, I have taken the stats and went with what I've been given. I'm not saying the Tiberon is bad though, it looks like a nice weapon in terms of aesthetics and decent output damage. Its magazine size and fire rate looks like it might be fun, I'll have to try it out sometime but for now I wouldn't waste a forma on it when I can get better burst guns.