Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curiosity: Survival Life Support Systems

Yuzai_No

Lotus

"A lone Tenno operative is raiding this ship for supplies. You are here to distract the enemy. Trigger the alarm"

Me

- Hacks alarm -

Lotus

"They've turned off critical life support systems. I suspected they might try this. Stand by for support"

Me

- ........ Why?

Not sure if I' m the first one to ask this but after playing Warframe for so long (387 hrs now) I finally asked myself this question

Are life support systems in survival missions really necessary? I mean we're already busy distracting the enemy and now we have to watch out for our life support. So did the enemies rigged their own alarm to cut off life support? If so, then they'll be choking themselves too. Or is it because they have their own oxygen in their suits while the warframes don't

Can we just have a simple timer in survival missions without the life support. I don't want my survival mission experience to be ruined because I don't have life support left for certain reasons (Players using life support way too early / Not enough small life support drops)

Also, can we have the function to extract anytime. I mean individual extraction like in Defenses and Interceptions where anyone in the squad could extract anytime. Sometimes when I wish to do survival for like 40 mins. I get forcefully extracted by 1 or 2 players at 15 mins. It kinda ruins it cause I wanted to farm more

I think LS needs to be reworked in general. I mean, there's already a lot of things that bug me

1) Why is there a gamemode based off of RNG? That just seems like a no-no, and it's bad because it requires nekros as well

2) Why the percentage? Just give us a timer already. I mean lotus already tells us when we have 30 seconds left of LS (which is around 22%), why can't we just get rid of the percentage and get a timer?

3) Lotus' lines don't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why would they turn off LS to prevent a raid on their own ship? Surely there's a better idea that they could've come up with, as turning off LS to prevent a raid doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, especially the fact that the people raiding would be prepared for anything. Also why would the enemies stay aboard their own ship when they're the ones providing LS to us, when they could just drain us of LS

Why not something along the lines like

"We are making a push onto the enemy ship today Tenno, these enemies deserve justice, and many of them as possible need to be wiped out. Turn on the alarm to alert them to your location while we attack the station."

"One of the enemy cache's have been revealed upon the destruction of the station. Keep distracting them Tenno"

If nothing else just put Excavation on ships.  I don't care if it doesn't make sense, Survival is an inferior game mode to Excavation in my opinion.  We've had survival on open air planets all this time, digging for loot in an enemy ship with a drill makes at least some sense compared to that.

Get rid of life support, up the number of enemies especially in infested survival.

I second the second part of that statement. When they originally did the survival event, life support wasn't a problem because there were more than enough enemies to drop it. 

And it was actually fun. 

Are you ever heard of Space Magic? This might answer all you questions and make your life easier when playing Warframe.

LOL

but seriously? why? is the operative to fussy to hold his breath a moment? or Lotus is paying him or what? this really sucks

EDIT: speaking of air, a MOA takes damage when reinforced glass is broken

and in survival missions, the enemies should be crushed from pressure when air is flushed out, breathing ain`t the biggest problem there

Edited by Bizzaro21

Well, the enemy HAS personal life support systems, that you need to gets your hands on to survive, that makes sense

i didn`t say it doesn`t, but air pressure should crush them and take them out with it and when it`s all out eventually the ship would be a tin can

EDIT: P.S.: Please don`t consider doing this for real in-game, it`ll make bugs and lag

I don`t really mind the nonsense just saying

But at least make them get dmg overtime due to air pressure

Edited by Bizzaro21

The better questions, how does INFESTED turn off life support?

i already asked that btw

speaking of infested survival, how they turn off LS?

lotus says poison spores but only in alerts and Eris the rest is LS shutdown

The better questions, how does INFESTED turn off life support?

if you have answer, be my guest!

speaking of infested survival, how they turn off LS?

lotus says poison spores but only in alerts and Eris the rest is LS shutdown

One of them tries to take a bite out of a console and winds up accidentally pressing the button.

At exactly the right moment.

Coincidence.

:P