Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council

Mythblaze

because some founders leave and no one said design council will be exclusive. or do u want DE starts to sell design council permission again?

in the end, the purpose of design council is to make warframe a better game. if users are invited, it means they proved theirself to be helpful. i am happy to see them.

because some founders leave and no one said design council will be exclusive. or do u want DE starts to sell design council permission again?

in the end, the purpose of design council is to make warframe a better game. if users are invited, it means they proved theirself to be helpful. i am happy to see them.

You da real MVP

I don't know whether it was advertised as exclusive or not as a feature, but as a concept, the Design Council - from what I understand, personal feelings on it aside - is a collective of players dedicated to improving the game through an end-user perspective. Nowhere in that objective should availability (or lack) of funds, or presence at a certain milestone of development be a deciding factor for entry into what is primarily a feedback think tank.

I can understand if it were a privilege with no consequence on long-term development, like your badge on your profile, but when it comes to having a premier say in the direction the game is taking, limiting it to an ever-decreasing pool of players doesn't really sound like something I would be content with.

No one said outright that it was, but I think a lot of people assumed that it was, considering the founders packs were exclusive and you had to buy the higher tier packs to even get access to design council. 

I understand the need to replace the people that have left the game.  But at the same time I don't like people just getting invited either.  They made council access a selling point of the higher tier packs so it shouldn't be something they just give out. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

You should look back to the founder package's. They where advertised as exclusive which stands to reason DE can not release Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime and Design Council again. These are exclusive to the founder package's that where purchased by people such as myself that wanted this game to succeed however now that Design Council is being passed out I'm beyond my boiling point with it.   

If DE intends to continue releasing Design Council access and not revoke access to non-founders I do believe that is what you call false advertising. http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/false-advertising.html 

Edited by Mythblaze

The purpose of the Design Council is to, as the name implies, assist in some small measure with the game's design. DE cherry-picks individuals they feel would be an asset to the Design Council and, by proxy, to the progression of the game as a whole. Semantics < functionality.

If you're trying to argue that A) getting more individuals into the DC based on merit is bad, and B) that paying money is a clear indication of game development savvy, good luck to you.

Thats kind of a terrible attitude.

For one the DC isn't some sort of exclusive content like excal P etc, which is what DE agreed to not re-release.

In fact as far as I recall it was never stated that DC privileges specifically were exclusive, only that all the founders shinies are exclusive.

Anyone that is invited to DC its because DE thinks they are mature enough and will have valuable input while being pretty dedicated to the game.

They belong in the DC and I'm glad to see them. Besides, why would a few people being added to DC bother you? Its not like the DC actually has that many opportunities to make much of a difference. We're just a group of players that have a tiny bit more communication with DE and get to vote on ideas. Big woop.

Its not worth getting antsy about.

Hek, there are a few people on the DC that considering their negative attitudes probably shouldn't be there (not a shot at anyone specific mind you).

I'd rather see some constructive minds added over the idea that paying money somehow equals merit or eligibility.

There is a big difference between releasing exclusive founders gear/content and adding people to a special club that was not advertised to be exclusive.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

...25 people PER MONTH are invited to the DC. And they are the most active and contribuitive on the entire forum. 

Few people, that do more to the game than the rest of the people, even more than some councilours who just swag the badge and nothing more. They ACTIVELY help the game and you're complaining? Really? 

This was discussed way back when the Founders pack was ending and to me none of the founders that replied seemed to have a problem with allowing non-founders into the Design Council. I didn't reply and I have no problem with it. Certain criteria has to be met before even being invited. I don't see a problem here if it helps the game improve.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/123916-design-council-end-of-founders-and-future-entry/

Also, if you look at this picture of the Founders pack the only "Exclusive" items are the Excal Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime advertised as an Exclusive Founders Set. There is no mention under Design Council that it is "Exclusive".

http://i.imgur.com/eT4s5c4.png

Edited by CreepinDeath

You should look back to the founder package's. They where advertised as exclusive which stands to reason DE can not release Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime and Design Council again. These are exclusive to the founder package's that where purchased by people such as myself that wanted this game to succeed however now that Design Council is being passed out I'm beyond my boiling point with it.   

If DE intends to continue releasing Design Council access and not revoke access to non-founders I do believe that is what you call false advertising. http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/false-advertising.html 

It's not false advertising.

Still lets go assume it was. What do you do now? Has DE been so unfair to their players you are going to sue them? Do you think all the devstreams, prime times and constant platinum giveaways are not that kind of behavior you agree with? Is giving players a chance to win a cool contest to earn something unique unfair? Is listening to the community unfair? No. But if you still want to sue them go ahead (still assuming you were right about false advertising) I can't stop you. Actually I don't even care. Do you know what this would mean? DE never listens to the community again. No more giveaways, no streams, no contests. Just blank info on forums about updates. All the potato alerts? Gone. You now have to pay $5 for every single one.

This is why we can't have nice things

Getting into the DC is not just a matter of "You are active come join our super secret club" you have to be productive and active on a consistent level. 

I feel the people who are invited are the best DC members with the most to offer to the game, they had to prove they were good enough for the DC instead of paying a sum of money. 

But for arguments sake lets say the DC was shown as exclusive (Which I don't think it was but I may be wrong) sure that nulls the contract and entitles you to a refund but would you really give up your founder status and all your founder gear all because DE wants the DC to have the best chance of improving the game? 

Honestly, it's alarming that ANYONE would actually rather see the council slowly crumbling away rather than regularly being revived with new voices, all for the sake of some ridiculous sense of superiority they get from the DC being "exclusive"

Some people in the warframe community need to take a serious look at their priorities.

Getting into the DC is not just a matter of "You are active come join our super secret club" you have to be productive and active on a consistent level. 

Really? I thought it was random.

Which begs the question: why was *I* brought in?

Edited by Morec0

The design council invitees are chosen to enrich the design council conversations and bring a greater diversity of opinions. 

Ah, somehow I was under the impression that the monthly DC-invites had stopped :P

Oh well, I guess I still have a shot then haha.

Also, if you look at this picture of the Founders pack the only "Exclusive" items are the Excal Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime advertised as an Exclusive Founders Set. There is no mention under Design Council that it is "Exclusive".

http://i.imgur.com/eT4s5c4.png

That logic is flawed. It doesn't say Solar landmark is exclusive either. If DE allowed me to purchase a solar landmark now I would gladly buy into it. 

The main reason I moved from Tier 2 to Tier 3 founders was so that I could get access to Design Council before it closed. The advertising before the closing of founders made no mention that it would be given out to well respected posters on the forums at a later date. The discussion of letting people join council after founders closed was only brought up one week (25th of October) before founders closed (1st Nov) in a thread hidden in the design council itself. 

I have never brought it up because I felt I was the only one who felt this way but personally I felt a little cheated that my main reason to purchase tier 3 founders (the desgin council access) has been given away for free. If I had known at the time I would have sprung for Tier 4 grandmaster, even if it met I would have been sorely out of pocket, as at least the tier 4 rewards are more exclusive than the butchered tier 3. 

Yes a bit of ambiguity occurred around the closing of founders and yes that can be construed as misrepresentation by DE. However there is nothing they can do it fix it now. Apart from making solar landmarks purchasable... Id love to have my name on the game. 

The only solace you can take is that tier 3&4 founders at the only ones allowed in the Design Council chat channel in-game. 

I guess I shall just have to treasure this expensive shiny metal stick some more. Even if it is poorly stated. 

Edited by MDRLOz