Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council

Mythblaze

I am a master founder and original member of the design council as well and I fully support DE inviting others who have made it clear that they possess the sense and communication skills necessary to voice productive opinions of this game. In fact, I think much of the original design council should be re-examined. Those who simply bought their way in, and have since not contributed in a productive manner and participated in council discussions, should be kicked from the council. The founders packages were merely a way for DE to crowdfund their game while giving those who donate well extra goodies. decisions for the betterment of the game should not be based solely on who paid the most money, but by each individual's ability to pose and discuss ideas that better the game.

-snip-

I can understand your frustration, but I'm not sure what you propose to do about it. People have been invited to the Design Council for months and months and months now, and if you actually look in the Design Council, you'll find that at least half of the active members aren't from the original Founders. It needs fresh blood, and if you actually wanted to help improve the game (which is the purpose of the Design Council) then you should probably understand the invitations and welcome them. Otherwise, the Design Council would die out and DE would just stop dealing with them at all because they're a dwindling population. I think that this is a better decision overall, and frankly it's better for you because it means you didn't pay for a super secret community that would end up becoming ridiculously inactive anyways.

My opinion is the Design Council should remain exclusive. No handouts should be given. Honestly there isn't much the non-founders are missing, the Design Council is extremely neglected.

Actually it is been used a hell of a lot more recently than before. 

The only argument for it to be closed that I have seen made is "This is my toy you shouldn't use it"

They could always just let the Design Council become defunct and create a successor in which no-one is guaranteed a slot and it's all by invite only.

Technicality's like that ain't gong to solve any problems.

As a Founder, I have access to the badges, the ingame Council chat, and the Design Council subforum.

Those who get invited by DE only get access to the subforum, nothing else.

So in a way, the Design Council access we have still is exclusive to a point. And in case you haven't noticed, Council chat ingame is a lot less alive than it was a year ago, let alone two years ago. Give it another year or two and there may only be 2 people left in the Council chat that aren't Kickbot.

If nothing is done, the Design Council just loses people in time, and loses its purpose.

DE had to choose between setting up something new for active/helpful players to contribute with helping sift through mass-pulp, or use those players to breathe new life into the Design Council so we'd still have a purpose in the long run.

And considering how quiet Council chat can be at times, I personally would not even be against giving some people access there either.

DE did the right thing..

LOL what is this? Bashing on the future of Warframe? Trust me on this. If the remaining members that are Master, and Grand Master Founders voted on it. I guarantee the majority would still out weigh you, and accept more people in the DC. Even I am ok with bringing in more people into the DC. It was discussed AGES AGO TOO. We allowed it. We accepted it. Because the majority agreed we wanted it this way.

My opinion is the Design Council should remain exclusive. No handouts should be given. Honestly there isn't much the non-founders are missing, the Design Council is extremely neglected.

Not extremely although we arent shown as much as we used to be. Now we mostly vote on random stuff(probably just my opinion, I am uninterested because things I vote for lose a lot :'( lel). I was happy with some recent upcoming stuff shown in the council though.

Edited by Shreiko

The design council invitees are chosen to enrich the design council conversations and bring a greater diversity of opinions. 

Thank the stars I'm very opinionated! :)

Other than that, the DC is around to offer input on what they decide to show us or discuss. There's no exclusive access or anything that another regular player can't get (no handouts, just chat in the forums). It's pretty much like watching a preview to a movie. You'll get an opinion on what you saw and offer input. In the end it's up to the produces (DE in this case) to keep or change what was viewed.

That and the fact there's apparently been turnaround over the months, they want fresh blood in there to keep it alive.

PS: don't be scared if you see non PC members in there, we play too and want to see Warframe live a long, healthy life.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I know that people are invited to design council however I'm angry and annoyed that I'm a founder that paid for design council. How can you pass out a feature that was advertised as exclusive to the founder package Master & Grand Master? 

It's necessary because otherwise the council would be dead due to masters and grandmasters going inactive over time. There needs to be new blood added periodically, otherwise it'll turn into a ghost town.

Are they still sticking with the 20 something people per month practice? That just seems a tad dangerous to the point of inviting quality people.  

There is 900k forum members, how is inviting 25 of them each month dangerous?

Are they still sticking with the 20 something people per month practice? That just seems a tad dangerous to the point of inviting quality people.  

I don't see an issue. More often than not it is the masters and grandmasters who are spreading the leaks about, in my experience, the rest are happy to be there.

There is 900k forum members, how is inviting 25 of them each month dangerous?

900k? To be honest that's a lot more than I expected. Although I doubt most of them are fairly frequent visitors.

Well, if the point is to invite people of quality, doesn't a fixed number seem kind of against the point? I don't know the exact details of what makes one a potential invitee so I'm trying not to judge here. But it seems like the minimum qualification is that you have to be moderately friendly or helpful even if you aren't that insightful or dedicated. It's nice to have the more concentrated zone of friendly people, but at that point they might as well start inviting larger numbers.

The point of the quota at the beginning seemed to be in some way competitive, you had to earn your way in. Now it seems like they've lowered their standard to meet the quota, or the standard was always at a set point and they just created a priority list. 

It just seems like the system would work better if they just invited whoever they thought was qualified without the need to stick to a certain number, be it larger or smaller.  

900k? To be honest that's a lot more than I expected. Although I doubt most of them are fairly frequent visitors.

Well, if the point is to invite people of quality, doesn't a fixed number seem kind of against the point? I don't know the exact details of what makes one a potential invitee so I'm trying not to judge here. But it seems like the minimum qualification is that you have to be moderately friendly or helpful even if you aren't that insightful or dedicated. It's nice to have the more concentrated zone of friendly people, but at that point they might as well start inviting larger numbers.

It is UP to 25. Meaning there can be less but no more than. You are brought to attention by PMs by other players to Drew, or by the DE staff taking interest in you.

The point of the quota at the beginning seemed to be in some way competitive, you had to earn your way in. Now it seems like they've lowered their standard to meet the quota, or the standard was always at a set point and they just created a priority list. 

It just seems like the system would work better if they just invited whoever they thought was qualified without the need to stick to a certain number, be it larger or smaller.

I wouldn't get to caught up on the number or amount, it's more about who would be worth adding to DC and not how many.

Can I nominate someone to be in design council? I have a friend who has recruited countless players (myself included) and has put in like 700 hours ++. 

I am sure this is a no but i though i would ask.

also sorry if this is not the correct place to post.

Can I nominate someone to be in design council? I have a friend who has recruited countless players (myself included) and has put in like 700 hours ++. 

I am sure this is a no but i though i would ask.

also sorry if this is not the correct place to post.

Pm Drew and discuss it with him

I was humbled to have been invited into design council months ago. With founders leaving the game, it is necessary to keep the blood fresh ESPECIALLY since PS4 and Xbox1 users would have been unable to contribute on this level. Money is one thing, but it doesn't equate to quality contributions. On this level, it doesn't make sense to shut out people.

It was DE's decision to allow people into the design council, and as far as I can see, it was not a bad one. The majority of invited people have a very good attitude towards it, sometimes more respectable than certain founders. DE's selection process is solid with almost every pick.

There is another thing though that I think some people do not take into consideration;

Founders cannot be kicked from the council. INVITED MEMBERS CAN. I'm sure that if people are invited but don't react, or don't do much, they'll get booted again. So of the ~25 per month, it could well be that only a fraction of these people are truly representative with their input. Because let's face it; you don't see nearly as much unique names post their stuff as there are unique votes.

There is another thing though that I think some people do not take into consideration;

Founders cannot be kicked from the council. INVITED MEMBERS CAN. I'm sure that if people are invited but don't react, or don't do much, they'll get booted again. So of the ~25 per month, it could well be that only a fraction of these people are truly representative with their input. Because let's face it; you don't see nearly as much unique names post their stuff as there are unique votes.

You were a guaranteed a slot with the Founder's package, but if you are to abuse it and give leak after leak, ruin the experience, etc, DE is in the right to kick you from it. Controversial, sure, but you didn't pay for extended membership, only the spot.

because some founders leave and no one said design council will be exclusive. or do u want DE starts to sell design council permission again?

in the end, the purpose of design council is to make warframe a better game. if users are invited, it means they proved theirself to be helpful. i am happy to see them.

Give this man a medal.