Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time For The Big One. Away With 12 Hours Building Time On Clan Key!

NickBoay

ive come to the experience that new recruits that have to make a clan key rather go offline ( if they cannot rush the key) then staying online to play the game only because they see a 12 hour timer on clan key.

this topic intrests me a little bit and i began questioning myself why this timer is in place ( its probably there for a reason), thing is i cannot think of a "really" valid reason to give the clan key a timer like that, and there is simply nothing to exploit here. To my knowlegde its useless to have a 12 hour timer on it, why? because i see new recruits log off for the whole day just because they have to wait for their clan key. A item that should be given to you instantly upon joining the clan imho. now its like you buy a house and you have to make the keys yourself (lol).

possible exploits and why they dont matter.

- Member could swap clan ease and take the other clans research and swap back to their original clan in a short ammount of time.

why it doesnt matter:

member can already swap clan easy and take the other clans research and swap back to their original clan in a short ammount of time ( a day is still not much for this exploit compared to the days off researching you would need to get your clan up and running.) (( Not to mention you can buy other clans weapons when your own clan key is finished. probably a bug but just saying already possible ))

my request is to change the building time from 12 hours to 1 minute. yeh you heard me! "1 minute!" for i find the clan key a important aspect of joining a clan, and its simply stupid in new players experience. ( i still love u DE no worry just sum very direct feedback).

i dont see any "valid" exploits that cannot be done already right now, so what you guys think? should we change the build time?? if you vote for say Aye!.

Edited by NickBoay

join a clan, buy research, leave clan, go back to your old clan. easy

Edit: in my opinion it s unfair

well now its like join a clan make key buy research leave clan go back to your old clan make key easy. i dont see any difference my point is the following:

For exploiters the 12 hours is NOTHING really i have plenty recruits looting our clan research and leaving again. BUT for NEW players the 12 hours is just punishing and i find it unfair for them all i see them do is logoff untill the key is done. i dont think the clan key should be a reason to logg off, also it prevents recruiters to fully show a new recruit the dojo and stuff. at this moment we have to BUG the system by inviting the recruit to dojo BEFORE we invite the player to show around. so there is a way around, but this is bogus and the exploiters wont care about the 12 hours build time and/or will simply rush it with platinum if they know how to make plat. ONLY the new players get this one in the face in my opinion.

that said would you maybe reconsider your view upon this subject or stick to what you just said?

Good that you included "in my opinion", +1 there.

12hrs is a deterrent and it works. Most people won't switch clans to get research stuff Because of the waiting time and key-costs.

• Why are they working? Because it's so freakin' easy to research stuff yourself and takes only a while longer so they just won't bother to do it every freakin' time something new comes out.
  • Research costs? You joking? What else would you do with your resources?
  • Takes longer*? If you have to wait anyways, who cares? Since in most cases people can start the research for new stuff right away, there is literally no meaning in trying to get it from another clan - they won't get it completed faster than your own clan :D
  • Spending plat for rushing the key? Good, they are feeding DE.
  • Your clan can't afford such things? That's a blatant lie. Make a one-man clan/dojo then.
  • They could but they are just not working together towards it? What are you still doing there? Make a one-man clan/dojo.

I vote for the 12hrs to stay. I don't like swappers.

At the same time, I would allow inviting to dojo even while the key is incomplete. I see no reason why not. I would rename the key "clanmembership tag", make it start building when you join a clan. While it's not completed you can enter dojo if invited, can donate, maybe even duel and use some things but cannot buy research goodies. The tag completes in... 3 months? :D Anyways, it takes some time to complete (so the deterrent is still there and DE is at peace) while you can rush it through Plat (so DE is prosperous). I might even raise the plat cost for rushing this tag.

Edited by K_Shiro

If you have a serious clan member that isn't just out for clan tech, or the trade kiosks, then 12 hrs isn't an issue.

No "new" player needs to be in the dojo anyways.. The lowest level clan tech weapon is MR5, and trade is MR2. If they made it that far, they can wait till the next day to go explore the dojo. 

I do believe it is a bug that lets other clan members purchase BPs from another clan's dojo.. This so needs to be fixed, especially with research trees coming in the future, this would so get exploited.

At the same time, I would allow inviting to dojo even while the key is incomplete. I see no reason why not. I would rename the key "clanmembership tag", make it start building when you join a clan. While it's not completed you can enter dojo if invited, can donate, maybe even duel and use some things but cannot buy research goodies. The tag completes in... 3 months? :D Anyways, it takes some time to complete (so the deterrent is still there and DE is at peace) while you can rush it through Plat (so DE is prosperous). I might even raise the plat cost for rushing this tag.

Nice idea. I would say maybe a week or two instead of 3 months though.

I'm not the one to lay out your recruitment process but logging out to wait on a clan key doesn't impress me for the type of player I'd want in my clan.  I'm not casual though either.  

But everything else is 12 hours or more minus OD keys?  Just fits in with everything else.  Once you get rolling in this game 12-24 hours is not even that big of a deal.

Dojo Lab Research for the highest tier weapons?  Now that sucks.

sorry but i dont get the point of the thread o.o.

and about the insta key then just put a rejoin time of24h in but regardless who would veer switch to buy research in a other clan lol.

sorry but research is done so fast i never met yet a clan who dont have it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Good that you included "in my opinion", +1 there.

12hrs is a deterrent and it works. Most people won't switch clans to get research stuff Because of the waiting time and key-costs.

• Why are they working? Because it's so freakin' easy to research stuff yourself and takes only a while longer so they just won't bother to do it every freakin' time something new comes out.
  • Research costs? You joking? What else would you do with your resources?
  • Takes longer*? If you have to wait anyways, who cares? Since in most cases people can start the research for new stuff right away, there is literally no meaning in trying to get it from another clan - they won't get it completed faster than your own clan :D
  • Spending plat for rushing the key? Good, they are feeding DE.
  • Your clan can't afford such things? That's a blatant lie. Make a one-man clan/dojo then.
  • They could but they are just not working together towards it? What are you still doing there? Make a one-man clan/dojo.

I vote for the 12hrs to stay. I don't like swappers.

the 12 hours swap time still isnt much either for a experienced warframe player and is more negative for a new players in my opinion ( wich hasnt have to be a low lvl player just new to the clan )

but the thingy you wrote at the end is a decent idea , a temp key with a 2-3 days timer ( plenty of time to make clan key right? ) and it would be usefull for recruiting and showing around. then again we would be stuck with the issue that they might take research with such a key and abuse the clans

so how about this, change the clankey itself a little bit  like remove the "must have clankey to enter dojo" and change it into "must have clan key to aquire research from your clans dojo" this way all problems solved, tho the settings of a clan "rank power to host dojo" should still count.

Edited by NickBoay

the 12 hours swap time still isnt much either for a experienced warframe player and is more negative for a new players in my opinion ( wich hasnt have to be a low lvl player just new to the clan )

but the thingy you wrote at the end is a decent idea , a temp key with a 2-3 days timer ( plenty of time to make clan key right? ) and it would be usefull for recruiting and showing around. then again we would be stuck with the issue that they might take research with such a key and abuse the clans

so how about this, change the clankey itself a little bit  like remove the "must have clankey to enter dojo" and change it into "must have clan key to aquire research from your clans dojo" this way all problems solved, tho the settings of a clan "rank power to host dojo" should still count.

Err... you yourself quoted this actually:

...While it's not completed you can enter dojo if invited, can donate, maybe even duel and use some things but cannot buy research goodies. ...