Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Buy Prime Access With Platinum?

[DE]Momaw

No really. Is there some logic behind this, or did it just never come up as a topic? Platinum costs money regardless of whether you buy it yourself or trade for it so it's not like getting something for nothing.

---

Okay, I wasn't aware of the platinum being part of the prime access pack.

But....If that is the case, the obvious solution to me is that prime access should cost slightly less and come with a coupon to buy platinum, not actual platinum. It amounts to the same thing as far as generating impulse buys.

The way it is now, DE has effectively made platinum their "middle class" currency.   There are things you cannot buy with it.   Which is....weird because it's an established part of the game's economy that cash-money and platinum are the same thing due to the fact that the only practical way for platinum to exist is for somebody to have paid for it.

Edited by Momaw

No really. Is there some logic behind this, or did it just never come up as a topic? Platinum costs money regardless of whether you buy it yourself or trade for it so it's not like getting something for nothing.

The whole point is that they want to make as much money as possible from it?

Money is money yes, but if you want that limited time thing, you'll fork over money you wouldn't have for no platinum, meaning they get a win win

Yes there is.

And it was explained before.

If you could buy Prime Access for plat. Big time traders would be able to get it really quick.

Then after that, people who are less inclined to pay, will simply not pay, instead of being convinced by the shiny new prime accessories.

Yes, someone needs to pay, but by removing the whole 'exclusive' feel. DE makes less money and that makes the company sad.

TL;DR - Exclusive stuff needs to stay exclusive make the company more real money.

Prime access = Instant access. It's one of the main ways DE gets money.

Edit: I must lol, Prime access packs come with platinum enough for a whole year. So why would I buy platinum for platinum?

Edited by izzatuw

Prime Access is like founders program volume 2.

It is there for players who want to support DE.

It isn't there so you can get cheap plat (a 50% off is better).

The exclusive content in prime access is there to reward those players who like the game enough to support DE and the game they make.

If anyone could pick and choose what they wanted for 50p a pop they wouldn't be so special.

i agree. the prime accessories out now id pay 1000 platinum just for the armor

Than some of the people interested in Prime Access will lose interest in buying it. That's the point of the accessory pack, Prime Access needs exclusives for a reason.

i agree. the prime accessories out now id pay 1000 platinum just for the armor

If they ever made it avaiable with platinum then it should be more like 10k or more.

@OP: you can trade lots of plat and don´t need to buy them so DE wouldn´t make any money out of it if they ever allowed it.

But....If that is the case, the obvious solution to me is that prime access should cost slightly less and come with a coupon to buy platinum, not actual platinum. It amounts to the same thing as far as generating impulse buys.

The way it is now, DE has effectively made platinum their "middle class" currency.   There are things you cannot buy with it.   Which is....weird because it's an established part of the game's economy that cash-money and platinum are the same thing due to the fact that the only practical way for platinum to exist is for somebody to have paid for it.

Edited by Momaw

Top currency = Real $$$

Middle Class Currency = Whatever in-game paid currency

Lowest Class = in-game gold (or in our case credits)

This is true for most games. There will be an in-game currency, but the real-dollars will purchase certain V.I.P. things that the in-game currency cannot buy. That's how it rolls mostly.

The only thing you can't get are the accessories.

Nyx Prime you can buy with plat, the weapons you can buy with plat and the booster you can buy with plat. There is only the "exclusive" armour type stuff that you can't buy.

Traded Platinum != real money.

You do know that someone still had to buy that plat to be able to trade with?

The plat in trade didn't come from the backside of a golden Kubrow. Someone bought it to start with.

Edited by Ailissa

The only thing you can't get are the accessories.

Nyx Prime you can buy with plat, the weapons you can buy with plat and the booster you can buy with plat. There is only the "exclusive" armour type stuff that you can't buy.

You do know that someone still had to buy that plat to be able to trade with?

The plat in trade didn't come from the backside of a golden Kubrow. Someone bought it to start with.

Or in few cases, received 30 plat from log-in reward.

Or in few cases, received 30 plat from log-in reward.

The odds of that happening seem to be extremely tiny.  I've NEVER seen that happen. And nobody I know has ever brought it up in conversation. Only DE could say for sure, but I'm guessing that the very few people getting the 30 free platinum as a login reward is about as much danger of destabilizing the economy as the 3000 platinum they give away every time they have a stream.

The odds of that happening seem to be extremely tiny.  I've NEVER seen that happen. And nobody I know has ever brought it up in conversation. Only DE could say for sure, but I'm guessing that the very few people getting the 30 free platinum as a login reward is about as much danger of destabilizing the economy as the 3000 platinum they give away every time they have a stream.

The odds are tiny, but due to the player base, the possibility is average.

Never said it would destabilize the economy.

For those of us who are not so clever as you, please explain in detail how you are producing platinum without DE being paid.

Kinda easy , I farm for something or sell whatever X players want , that players buy plats , that get DE paid , the plats don't come from nowhere they have to be earned

For players with more than 50% of a brain, a small amount of plat will last indefinitely for them.

I've only bought plat twice since I started playing the game, and I still have plenty to keep up on the new cosmetic items and such as needed. I'm sure many others are the same way.

Sadly, this portion is probably DE's largest and most loyal chunk of the playerbase. Prime Access is the only way to get more money out of these players. DE needs money. It's a cash grab, plain and simple. I think it's tolerable though, since DE makes so few of them.