Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Buy Prime Access With Platinum?

[DE]Momaw

Kinda easy , I farm for something or sell whatever X players want , that players buy plats , that get DE paid , the plats don't come from nowhere they have to be earned

I literally do not understand what you are saying.  You say that traded platinum is not the same as cash, but then you admit that platinum has to be paid for at some point in its lifetime with minor exceptions which have been described already. If there is no realistic way for platinum to exist except to buy it, then it means platinum at any point in its chain of ownership is directly equivalent to cash (99.99% of the time). The only difference between this and other real world currencies is that it's officially a one-way exchange and the only way to turn platinum back into cash is on the gray market. It's cash that's been exchanged at the border for the local currency when people enter the country of Warframistan.  The prime access situation is literally DE challenging the validity of its own internal economy which is kind of silly.

Its there for players who want to own it on the first day and not deal with the void's heinous drop tables.

There's a few types of people who want to buy Prime access:

- Someone who wants to support DE but doesn't just want plats so he/she buys Prime Access

- People who want the newest primes asap

- Those who want dat exclusive accessories

lots of this smart threads around nowadays ... people try to get it from all directions ... for nothing finally, NO (according to the ongoing jelous founder-screamings about the excalibur-prime-theme etc.) !

the moment i see a offer for a single prime-armour for plat or for some farming somehwere in the warframe-universe i want my excalibur prime and all missed event-weapons for free !

Edited by RVNN3R

For those of us who are not so clever as you, please explain in detail how you are producing platinum without DE being paid.

Platinum buyable PA doesnt generate anything for DE, as whole point of new PA is to generate profit. Pricing PA is another problem.

People with 10 000 Platinum could buy few of consecutive PA with their Platinum, without any money investing after initial purchases. And what about 75 % discount? I could buy 100 $ Platinum packs until i have enough Platinum for PA that i want.

And the biggest issue is how to price PA in Platinum?

Edited by RoboDoge

I don't think plat is a source of income for DE . If there is 75% discount for plat and they are willing to accept the cash from the discounted price , it pretty much means plat to them is nothing . And those 1000 plat give away for prime times . Bearly just a few coding and way lah there ur plats .

I don't think plat is a source of income for DE . If there is 75% discount for plat and they are willing to accept the cash from the discounted price , it pretty much means plat to them is nothing . And those 1000 plat give away for prime times . Bearly just a few coding and way lah there ur plats .

I recall one of the devs having 80K+ on the account. So yeah, plat is nothing

i think this idea was dicussed somewhere in forum already, i dont remember where, but the fact that DE put some extra platinum to a prime access is a strong answer about this already.

Prime access is the exclusive ticket (that's why every prime access have a extra cosmetic), it only available for a period  of time only (by what i know, u cant buy a old prime access after another one is out), not like a item that u can buy any time u want, these item will use credit. It's a whole system to make whoever pay the bill with real money never regret while still keep the game content free-to-play. DE want to make we think that purchase for a prime access is investing act into the game, not to pay for some digital number that could be change anytime, like the founder pack or founder user before. So ... i don't think u should keep u hope too high in this

Edited by FireSegment