Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Really Do Take Things For Granted...

Semshol

God I wanted to FORGET that one...

*shudder*

Still my first mmo. I even had fun.

It's not an excuse for all that grinding here and there in warframe. As a Veteran, it's more like: New stuff. Better get it now than later. As a new player there is still a lot to do on the way up.

i used to play happy wars alot on xbox live arcade in the past and the RNg for loot earned at the end of a mission was fairly awful. you could get a lvl 5 item box (max) and still get a low rank garbage item then next match get an lvl 3 item box and get something 3x times better.

also the Pay to win in that game is super unbalanced. trying to do any PvP style modes against people who put about 25 to 100$ into the game will  end with them decimating you without any effort due to their broken OP buffs on their weapons and such. 

the people who dont pay money pretty much have little to no chance at all to get such decent items aside from the treasure map system (similar to warframe login bonus) but every 7 days you get a special item with third being a super premium but its all random what you get... or do events which offer semi decent gear but that also has RNG in it.

All-in-all i find warframe to be acceptable though frustrating at times (burning all 30 or more of a key trying to get a part is never fun)

Going to summarise a few things:

- I never said Feedback was bad. In other areas, even I provide feedback, but RNG is just a bunch of whining after a new prime is released. Players can feedback what they like, but with respect to an area that may determine profit for the company (and to an extent the traders in the game like myself) then it is unlikely it will be met with much support, nor will it be implemented.

- The onus of proof is therefore upon those who WANT to change the system. The current system is working fine as it is, as proven by DE remaining in business. Therefore I would like to see, from those who ask for new systems, exactly how they can be improved, step by step, WITH an increase in revenue to the company. If not, then it will simply be shot-down as yet another removal of grind and the company themselves would not implement it because they'd have to double check how it would affect their income and expenses and hence their ability to provide new content.

- If you find grinding a "lazy" system, show a better one with the requested proof as above. If you can do so, I am absolutely certain it would be implemented since revenues would increase for the company + the player base would be happy.

- A lot of people are happy to complain, but I see no positive solutions coming out of from any of them. Every time a post on the forums comes out about RNG, it only consists of how to make things easier for the player. The company providing the service must be taken into account and this is simply not done, hence I shoot down such posts without even thinking about the content as it is unnecessary to be considered.

I think the main problem is the tiny loot tables tied to specific missions / planets.  We need more RNG, not less.   Running 100 T1 captures still only for 1 hikou prime pouch.  It wasn't what I would call fun.  Same thing applies to a lot of mods, as well as farming void keys and resources and even XP / credits as well.  There's 1 mission you should be playing for whatever particular thing you're looking for and that's it.

Now if I could find all of those in any mission (from any container or any enemy), and missions were equally rewarding relative to the amount of risk and time invested - that would be fun.  Having 100's of missions to choose from that all have a chance of providing you what you want - instead of repeating the same mission 100 times (until you find the item you want, and then never again except to try and sell duplicate parts for platinum).  Who wouldn't want that, really?  Change + variety + choice = fun. 

If you have less of a way of target farming what you want in a relatively small time frame, it would actually make them more money too.  Not only that, but it can help alleviate the "rushing problem" that this game has.  If they want us to explore and open containers and such, well this is a good way of doing so.

Though not every item has to have a chance to drop anywhere in the game - specific items like from the stalker / G3, aura / cosmetic alerts, etc.  Stuff like that makes sense and is mostly fun too.  Perhaps prime items can stay void locked (but have a chance to drop in any void mission), or you could make void keys more rare in general and more rewarding in general than regular missions.  Either way, but personally I'd prefer the latter.

Endless type missions could become more rewarding the longer you stay in them and the harder the enemies get, nightmare missions could get credit / xp / item finding boosts (along with new difficulty modifiers!).  That could go a long way to making this game more fun.  I see a lot of people complaining about how the game is too easy when you have nice gear.  Fixing the reward structure of this game can fix that too.

Edited by SleepingSentry

Endless type missions could become more rewarding the longer you stay in them and the harder the enemies get, nightmare missions could get credit / xp / item finding boosts (along with new difficulty modifiers!). 

Provided that Endless defense reward stacks...

and extraction is released...

and LS drop/recover rate in survival is buffed

You know, for all the complaints I see about RNG in this game. I want to ask, how many of you have actually played an Asian MMORPG. One that was truly pay-to-win.

About nine or ten myself by now, but it's hardly a good argument to say 'this slightly less than cheating RNG is slightly better than another MMO, so it has to be fair and balanced!'

Warframe's RNG isn't the most heinous Ive ever played with, but it can be quite bad, especially with drop tables that aren't open and transparent, and extremely low chances for some parts that require repetitive, boring grind. It's not exactly the best choice to justify poor drop tables by saying there's worse out there.:p

If you do not enjoy it, why keep complaining about it?

Because this is the feedback forums, where players wanting to hopefully help make Warframe a better overall game. That is what feedback forums are for. Feedback. I feel bad that it clearly upsets you to see people voicing their opinion on a video game they like?