Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Plan To Implement Long Term Objectives ?

NoPr0n

To be honest, DS are already long term objectives but they mainly target alliances and big clans.

I just want to know if DE plan to add long term objectives for solo or pick-up player ? 

I know focus should be implemented on the U15 but for me, they are more like tools instead of objectives, and if the tools have no purpose it's useless to work for unlocking them.

Edited by NoPr0n

They have had a few.

Such as the 'overexperience' system where you can use excess exp to fuel a weapon/frame further.

The Dark Sectors were an endgame project, too.

Forma was probably intended as one, too. (more customization?)

Unfortunately, every single long-term system DE has made has either turned into a chore or a niche point.

(Forma lacks diversity in builds to matter and is now just a gateway for more grind)

(Dark Sectors are too incomplete. Too many exploits, not just talking in the combat/pvp sense. Even the core concept is full of holes.)

(detail)

Forma is now mostly just to extend grind.

They could just optimize the building system, but, choose to keep forma to make game seem longer.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Yes, more long-term objectives are in the works. The thing is, they're also long term in terms of their development. Most obvious right now is the Focus System, which won't be coming out with U15, and has gone back to the drawing board numerous times.

EDIT: The more recent Dark Sector PvP system is long-term as well. The thing is, it's not finished yet. Not by a long shot (which is a folly many players are sadly falling for). Even if Focus and Proxy Wars were to come out in the near future, they wouldn't be finished right off the bat, and like most things with Warframe, would be fixed and streamlined and reworked and tweaked over the, you guessed it, long term.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

They have had a few.

Such as the 'overexperience' system where you can use excess exp to fuel a weapon/frame further.

Unfortunately, every single long-term system DE has made has either turned into a chore or a niche point.

(Forma lacks diversity in builds to matter and is now just a gateway for more grind)

(Dark Sectors are too incomplete. Too many exploits, not just talking in the combat/pvp sense. Even the core concept is full of holes.)

(detail)

They could just optimize the building system, but, choose to keep forma to make game seem longer.

Like i explain in my OP, i see focus (and forma) like tools not like objectif. For me, they allow the player to be more powerfull. But what is the point of becoming more powerfull if we dont win anything more ?

Even very (very) hard mission with unique cosmetic would be cool for now. 

they have, like more distinctive tile sets, more game modes, new enemies, new faction etc.

edit: oh, and minigames like happy zephyr and wyrmius

It's some fun stuff, but it's not new objectives.

Edited by NoPr0n

Like i explain in my OP, i see focus (and forma) like tools not like objectif. For me, they allow the player to be more powerfull. But what is the point of becoming more powerfull if we dont win anything more ?

That was the initial design. It has gone back to the drawing board multiple times, so we don't really know what it is actually like now. We can guess, but have no solid ideas. Plus, it is described as an "Endgame" system, which we can safely assume means, while it is a game mechanic, also functions as an objective or possesses an objective.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Hm.. everyone talking about gameplay features....

I WANT A LONG TERM CHAIN OF QUESTS. I WANT A NEMESIS. I WANT PLOT DEVELOPMENT. I WANT.

All of that is going to take quite a bit of time. The Quest System was only added with U14. A chain of quests that are unique, tell a story, establish lore and canon, and last long enough to ensure people don't just blaze through it would take an extremely long time.

My bad.

While, to return to topic, as it were...

Then the answer still lies in the Dark Sectors.

They were intended as 'final goal'. Like many mmorpgs that mostly focus on PvE, they have a PvP side, too. (looking at you, GW2, you lovely game)

The players who wanted more out of it could switch focus to PvP and competitive rank domination for more of a kick.

Sadly almost every competitive aspect Warframe has is based on grinding.

(there has been one close exception, which is also known as the Survival Event.)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/101739-survival-weekend-completion/

It allowed people to compete more based on their tactical prowess than anything.

Seeing as PvP is FAR too incomplete to incorporate as a successful event, I saw this as impressive.

Ignoring the clan aspects of competition, the player-scale ones are good.

Competitive events for single players are GREAT when less grind is involved.

Like say, you announce a teaser for the event a week or two ahead.

Then you give prizes for players who can achieve something moderately and increasingly difficult for achieving certain goals.

(preferably titles, ranks or something of notable player value)

Unfortunately, DE has put too little effort into these small things for the everyday player, so...

TL:DR - DE is trying, I guess, but, no. There's little relating to the 'goal' you're after. DE hasn't shown us enough.

(Most) of what they seem to intend is further grind for an endgame, as opposed to an objective.

It is generally accepted that they are constantly trying to improve on this.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Yeah, you will have long term objective of leveling more useless weapon for mastery.

This will probably be the only ''endgame'' content in this game for the next couple of years. DE should stop with the damn events and add PERMANENT content instead.

This will probably be the only ''endgame'' content in this game for the next couple of years. DE should stop with the damn events and add PERMANENT content instead.

Here lies the problem. If they were to stop events and other related stuff altogether to focus on adding permanent content, there would be tons of people that scream they are bored and for events to come back. It has happened before.

And then, if they were to add events back, there would be people wanting them to focus back on adding permanent content. It's another example of how DE loses no matter who they listen to, since no side is wrong or right.

Yes, more long-term objectives are in the works. The thing is, they're also long term in terms of their development. Most obvious right now is the Focus System, which won't be coming out with U15, and has gone back to the drawing board numerous times.

EDIT: The more recent Dark Sector PvP system is long-term as well. The thing is, it's not finished yet. Not by a long shot (which is a folly many players are sadly falling for). Even if Focus and Proxy Wars were to come out in the near future, they wouldn't be finished right off the bat, and like most things with Warframe, would be fixed and streamlined and reworked and tweaked over the, you guessed it, long term.

I feel like dark sectors need a huge revamp for alot of players like myself to consider going back there. One thing I try to keep in mind though is that warframe is open beta so the new content that is released is hardly tested extensively and given to the community to test themselves and provide feedback instead of doing that internally. In the end that doesnt mean pvp isn't S#&$... to a good lot of players or otherwise just not worth the time. Also the grind gets to me, as well as the useless research weapons that still fall into sub par with a little forma. Then the fact that all of these(research weapons) require so much forma to even become viable at all makes me sick.

I feel like dark sectors need a huge revamp for alot of players like myself to consider going back there. One thing I try to keep in mind though is that warframe is open beta so the new content that is released is hardly tested extensively and given to the community to test themselves and provide feedback instead of doing that internally. In the end that doesnt mean pvp isn't S#&$... to a good lot of players or otherwise just not worth the time. Also the grind gets to me, as well as the useless research weapons that still fall into sub par with a little forma. Then the fact that all of these(research weapons) require so much forma to even become viable at all makes me sick.

Nearly everything we have no is a Work-in-Progress. Considering the size of the team working on Warframe now, it's predictable that things will go slower (although more will get done overall). PvP, as you said, is largely unfinished, although it is much more of an intended part of the game as opposed to how PvP was in the past. The current problem PvP is facing is that many people either don't play it, which robs DE of the precious feedback they need to improve it, or people play it and don't give feedback, which has the same effect. This trend follows into other things as well. Sometimes, players just have to bite the bullet and play things and give feedback (constructive and calm, mind you) if they want to see anything improved. Thus far we're just a broken record on things, instead of branching out as we should.

They have had a few.

(detail)

also, dark sectors are supposedly orokin places that are left intact and require a solar rail to enter, yet i go to it and find corpus outpost/ship areas, grineer map or Breeding grounds map... logic level: -100% -.-

also, dark sectors are supposedly orokin places that are left intact and require a solar rail to enter, yet i go to it and find corpus outpost/ship areas, grineer map or Breeding grounds map... logic level: -100% -.-

As I've said TONS of times not only in this thread and others, it's more than likely that the Non-PvP Dark Sectors are a Work-in-Progress, and thus currently placeholders. Mind you, I'm only assuming based on the information given and the current state it is in, but I am going to say it is a safe assumption.

As I've said TONS of times not only in this thread and others, it's more than likely that the Non-PvP Dark Sectors are a Work-in-Progress, and thus currently placeholders. Mind you, I'm only assuming based on the information given and the current state it is in, but I am going to say it is a safe assumption.

Problem with DE is that they behave like hyperactive children when it comes to development of new content. They cannot focus on few things and every new idea distracts them.

I hardly believe that Focus system is in the work for that long. Its more like that DE had better ( that they deem better ) ideas to work on in the meantime. Also, they are not exactly a small developing studio and if Warframe is their child, DE should concentrate more manpower on the game. They are outsourcing developers and thats the biggest issue for this game. If DE could use their full potential on Warframe, i believe that this game would be one of the best on the market.

Nearly everything we have no is a Work-in-Progress. Considering the size of the team working on Warframe now, it's predictable that things will go slower (although more will get done overall). PvP, as you said, is largely unfinished, although it is much more of an intended part of the game as opposed to how PvP was in the past. The current problem PvP is facing is that many people either don't play it, which robs DE of the precious feedback they need to improve it, or people play it and don't give feedback, which has the same effect. This trend follows into other things as well. Sometimes, players just have to bite the bullet and play things and give feedback (constructive and calm, mind you) if they want to see anything improved. Thus far we're just a broken record on things, instead of branching out as we should.

Quite aware of it, but many people tend to forget that the game is still in beta and the job of testers is to provide feedback. Even still when the devs release a weapon like the sheev giving it a crap stance like homing fang, and you realise how many daggers use that stance you have to ask whether they just release whatever into the wild and wait for the threads to come piling in. Mind you the sheev is just one example of something that quite obviously didnt make sense on release but was sent out anyway.

Does the actual team have been reduced ?

No, he's saying the opposite. IF you have 200 people, and all 200 are all making changes to a thing at once, and then you have to quintiple check things before release, the chance that any one of the 200 people broke something is already high, and the chance that one of the 200 broke something that another of the 200 did is even higher.

They can produce a lot more effort, but they also have to more careful as they stick in the additional stuff.

As to the OP, they've already promised quests and focus system, which are long term goals for them and for us. They're working on it, but there's a LOT of stuff to do.

As to the OP, they've already promised quests and focus system, which are long term goals for them and for us. They're working on it, but there's a LOT of stuff to do.

I know ;)

Now my question is :

Can we have more information about long term objective instead of news gameplay mechanics (which are nice, and i love them) ?

it's a question i ask directly toward DE. 

(Do i even english bro ? )

I know ;)

Now my question is :

Can we have more information about long term objective instead of news gameplay mechanics (which are nice, and i love them) ?

it's a question i ask directly toward DE. 

(Do i even english bro ? )

Long term objectives are everchanging. What is long term idea today, might be obscured tomorrow.

Long term objectives are everchanging. What is long term idea today, might be obscured tomorrow.

Maybe, but information about today long term idea is better than nothing. Event if  they change their mind in 2 months.