Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion For Rng In Void Survival And Defense

DellSalami

As most know, the rewards you get in survival are dictated by the rotation which you were in: A, B, or C. Beyond that, it's all up the the random number generation. This suggestion won't be to reduce the drop tables or stuff like that. It's to remove something from the rotation once you get it, or at least reduce the chances of getting it as much as possible, until you get everything in the rotation. Take rotation C of T1 survival for example. It is only every forty minutes and there are nine things in that table, some more common than others. Once you get an item, say the Paris's upper limb for example, it gets removed for the time being, the probability of it dropping being divided evenly to the other eight things remaining. This increases the chance of you getting the item you need if you go several rotations at a time. On the other end of the spectrum, let's look at rotation A of the same mission. It appears every 5,10, and 25 minutes and only has in five items in it. If you run sixty minutes each run, then you would have exhausted the rotation by the forty fifth minute. That's why everything is returned to the rotation so you can get something again on the fiftieth minute. It should not remove the grind completely, it should only make it easier.

It would be a bit different in defense. Since it doesn't actually rotate, items that weren't gotten at wave 5 would be transferred to the extraction at wave 10. Items not gotten would be transferred to wave 15+ and there they would be removed one by one until they run out, in which case they will reset.

Edited by DellTheBeginner1

I like and dislike this idea.  Some things you need 2 or 3 or 10 copies of.  One item is Forma.  If the survival nets 3 forma Bps, that's a good mission.  So that's the dislike.  

The good thing, about having an item removed from the loot rotation once it's given, is that it will also slow down the need to replay of survivals.  I would only need to run survivals maybe twice or 3 times to get every drop once.  Why would I need to ever run it again?  So that's the like part.

nice idea, but what happens in the following case: rotation C has 5 drops, and you stay for 120 minutes? what your reward at 120th min will be?

Since you stayed until the 120th minute, all the drops will be returned to the rotation.

I like and dislike this idea.  Some things you need 2 or 3 or 10 copies of.  One item is Forma.  If the survival nets 3 forma Bps, that's a good mission.  So that's the dislike.  

The good thing, about having an item removed from the loot rotation once it's given, is that it will also slow down the need to replay of survivals.  I would only need to run survivals maybe twice or 3 times to get every drop once.  Why would I need to ever run it again?  So that's the like part.

Yes, but you don't usually run a survival for a forma.

-OP-

Dislike because in Defense, it basically GUARANTEES the Prime Part you want, since you choose the reward.

Survival, not so much, but it still kinda guarantees it.

So a big gigantic NOPE from me.

Nothing should be guaranteed in this game, because that hurts revenues for DE.

Dislike because in Defense, it basically GUARANTEES the Prime Part you want, since you choose the reward.

Survival, not so much, but it still kinda guarantees it.

So a big gigantic NOPE from me.

Nothing should be guaranteed in this game, because that hurts revenues for DE.

Actually, it isn't guaranteed unless you're actually pro enough to last long enough so that you can actually get everything. That means staying at least 50 waves on defense and 3 hours on survival. Not many people could do that. If you're lucky enough to get it early, you still wouldn't need the fix. The most that would happen is that the prices would go down, albeit not that much, because the demand is still pretty gosh darn high.