Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Heard You Like Tigris......

Dokusi

After reading a couple threads about Tigris and shotguns in general I've seen a few reoccurring subjects pop up.

I'm focusing on Tigris mainly so feel free to add on about it or mention another

•fall off DMG needs to go

•more pellets per shot

•faster reload speed

•more DMG(maybe)

•rag doll effect even if the shot doesn't kill them

•proc chances

•shotgun mods a bit lackluster compared to similar mods with rifles

Once again these are my opinions and I would like to hear your if you disagree or if I missed something

Ps. Would like the idea tiberon used that making a stronger weapon requires an old one.

Who knows, maybe it's a good way to utilize those weapons collecting pixel dust in your armory

The damage on the Tigris is fine, but the 'style' of weapon is terrible for the hoard-based combat style of Warframe.

The problem lies with what the weapon is, and it'll always be bad.

You obviously never played Doom or even Serious Sam.  Such shotgun can be very good and very satisfying to use if done right. 

You obviously never played Doom or even Serious Sam.  Such shotgun can be very good and very satisfying to use if done right. 

A double-barrel shotgun is terrible for the combat in Warframe. Try putting some thought into your next post rather than turning your nose up at people.

I think damage fall off for shotguns in general needs to get scrapped. Of course, when I say that there are always a horde of people making snide 'sniper shotgun' comments which really does nothing but betray their ignorance regarding shotguns. And when I bring up the fact that pellets don't just disappear after several meters IRL they fall back on the 'this is a video game not real life argument'. 

So preemptively I will pose this question: "Why should shotguns have damage fall-off in a game that does not slap a range limit/damage fall-off on other weapons? (continuous weapons, brakk, and shotguns being the only exceptions that I can think of)

Keep in mind that removing the range cap would not suddenly remove the pellet spread.

A double-barrel shotgun is terrible for the combat in Warframe. Try putting some thought into your next post rather than turning your nose up at people.

Why? What is it about the idea of a double-barrel shotgun that makes it bad? What is it about warframe that makes double-barrel shotguns bad as an idea? I'm not talking about its execution as most will agree that the tigris is lacking.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

You obviously never played Doom or even Serious Sam. Such shotgun can be very good and very satisfying to use if done right. 

I think damage fall off for shotguns in general needs to get scrapped. Of course, when I say that there are always a horde of people making snide 'sniper shotgun' comments which really does nothing but betray their ignorance regarding shotguns. And when I bring up the fact that pellets don't just disappear after several meters IRL they fall back on the 'this is a video game not real life argument'. 

So preemptively I will pose this question: "Why should shotguns have damage fall-off in a game that does not slap a range limit/damage fall-off on other weapons? (continuous weapons, brakk, and shotguns being the only exceptions that I can think of)

Keep in mind that removing the range cap would not suddenly remove the pellet spread.

Pellet spread is very tight on most shotguns. If the range cap was removed, the spread would have to be increased.

I'm going to have to disagree. No changes needed except for the damage falloff. Instead of dunking the damage at range, if the devs added a high spread mechanic, that would definitely help with the horde mechanics of the game, and make shotguns damn good weapons. I swear by my Tigris, and I've been using it non stop for nearly a year now, so I know what I'm talking about. It destroys everything without any issues, and I really don't think a damage buff or reload speed increase is going to diddly squat to the weapon. Its mechanics are also polarizing. You love it or you hate it. 

*sigh*

Of course no one remembers the Hek Glory Days. When EVERYONE was running around with JUST Heks because NOTHING else even came CLOSE to the damage. Every single pellet hitting the target isn't OP at all. Sure, spread. Sure. *Snicker* RIIIIIGHT.

Lets make the shotgun damage fall off go away and EVERYONE can use a STRUN (HELL! AN AKBRONCO!)TO SNIPE WITH! YES! Great idea. It's not like a tiny pellet fired from a smoothbore weapon would lose speed at distance or anything. That would just be... um... real ballistic physics. Oops, my bad. No one wants to hear about that.

Funny, I STILL use Tigris occasionally when I run Infested Invasions. And even funnier? I still enjoy it.

*sigh*

Of course no one remembers the Hek Glory Days. When EVERYONE was running around with JUST Heks because NOTHING else even came CLOSE to the damage. Every single pellet hitting the target isn't OP at all. Sure, spread. Sure. *Snicker* RIIIIIGHT.

Lets make the shotgun damage fall off go away and EVERYONE can use a STRUN (HELL! AN AKBRONCO!)TO SNIPE WITH! YES! Great idea. It's not like a tiny pellet fired from a smoothbore weapon would lose speed at distance or anything. That would just be... um... real ballistic physics. Oops, my bad. No one wants to hear about that.

Funny, I STILL use Tigris occasionally when I run Infested Invasions. And even funnier? I still enjoy it.

the problem is that now they dont do enough damage to warrant the fall off u wanna know a weapon that outdamages the Strun Wraith All the bows do, all the snipers on a Crit, which they do half the time and the Rifles are pretty bonkers too, honestly shotguns need a real looking at and buff possibly even doubling their damage at close range would help honestly.

Pellet spread is very tight on most shotguns. If the range cap was removed, the spread would have to be increased.

I have no problem with a spread increase. I just don't like knowing that my tenno is so stupid that he/she is purchasing shells that feature magical disappearing pellets.

*sigh*

Good thing that no longer applies. Even at close range, most shotguns aren't worth using over a regular no-fall off weapon. Its like you think that the removal of damage fall-off is going to come with a massive damage boost and no increase to pellet spread.

The AkBronco doesn't have damage fall-off. How good is it for 'sniping' enemies?

Have you ever actually used a shotgun in real life? Are you unaware of just how far a shotgun can fire accurately (without slugs)? 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

These complaints about fall off damage on shotguns. Stop sniping with shotguns. That's not how you firearms. Use your head.

I am

That's what I'm taking about ppl.

And from what I am seeing here; the basis of snipe shotgunning is reason enough to keep fall off?

As a 4star Tigris user I won't be sniping anyone anytime soon from half a world away when it's more fun to get up close and blast them with a max punch-through mod.

But even up close the lack of pellets and fall off makes Tigris sad.