Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Zephyr Underrated?

AridTeflon

I don't see a lot of people considering adding a Zephyr as their Tank. They either go with Rhino, Frost Campers, or Valkyr. Though her armor is low, She has high Shields and Health. She's also very mobile. 

Her Tanking Ability is Turbulence. It can deflect any shot from a certain range and is affected by Range and Duration. This skill is a great alternative to Rhino's Iron Skin, Frost's Snow Globe(though it's not advisable to use Turbulence to protect objectives), or Valkyr's Hysteria(since you can still use your Primary and Secondary, albeit the minor accuracy loss). Her CC Ability is Tornado which summons 4 Twisters that act like Vauban's Vortex and is affected by Duration and some Range. Even Though this skill can be annoying, It can save anyone anytime. Lastly, her Mobility depends on Tail Wind. It's allows you to access places where you can get better angles of where you can flank enemies. You can create a rain of Explosives with an Angstrum or Snipe Enemies Down. 

Because she doesn't have any good moves to deal with hordes damage wise.

Only thing she is good at is dodging things and movement.

Tornado just makes things worse, divebomb is probably the worst skill in the game.

Turbulence is fine but it can't kill things.

Also, the dark gray accents on her body can't be changed color wise so no matter what, you will always have that ugly completely noticeable dark gray on whatever you color her, also again, she is one of the ugliest frames imo.

Side note, I have played WF for 950 hours via steam hours. I have yet to see a single Zephyr with the Tengu alternate helm. I have yet to see an alert for the Tengu alternate helm.

Edited by darthdart

I don't see a lot of people considering adding a Zephyr as their Tank. They either go with Rhino, Frost Campers, or Valkyr. Though her armor is low, She has high Shields and Health. She's also very mobile. 

Her Tanking Ability is Turbulence. It can deflect any shot from a certain range and is affected by Range and Duration. This skill is a great alternative to Rhino's Iron Skin, Frost's Snow Globe(though it's not advisable to use Turbulence to protect objectives), or Valkyr's Hysteria(since you can still use your Primary and Secondary, albeit the minor accuracy loss). Her CC Ability is Tornado which summons 4 Twisters that act like Vauban's Vortex and is affected by Duration and some Range. Even Though this skill can be annoying, It can save anyone anytime. Lastly, her Mobility depends on Tail Wind. It's allows you to access places where you can get better angles of where you can flank enemies. You can create a rain of Explosives with an Angstrum or Snipe Enemies Down. 

Most of the newer players don't like certain frames because they are not extremely strong starting off. Give loki for a nexample, people that are new like it for the stealth aspect. Veteran players like it for the radial disarm. Same with zephyr, its mainly a rusher in the veteran players eyes. Being able to quickly move around in the air makes certain styles of movement easy to use.

Ability wise, shes weak asides from turbulance (Anti bullet one) to the new player, later people discover different ways to manipulate her so she can be faster and more powerful.

Overall, I personally would have to say that I think shes a rusher frame.

She has no AoE nuke. Closest thing to that are her Tornadoes, and even they have a cooldown and do DoT rather than instant damage, for the most part.

That being said, she's still a lot more fun to play than a lot of Warframes partly due to that reason and partly due to her ability to fly!

To start I am an avide Zepher user, I know the ins and outs of her abilities

1st ability is good for movement, nothing new there

2nd ability sucks, nothing new there

3rd Many people say this ability is useless when it isn't. It only deflects bullets: Yes, but better to die from the one bullet that got through, rather than the 70 shot at you

4th I hear a lot of crap about this one, it isn't a damage ability, and in reality: It isn't random

Through much testing with it I've found the four tornados will actually target large groups of enemies within its spawn range, then bum around from there

It's a disruption move that really helps me in defense modes

Now, a lot of people don't use her because she is so difficult to get her, I ended up just straight buying the oxium

I'd like to use Zephyr more, but her low-gravity setting annoys the **** outta me.

She has nice mobility and a nice god mode, but I don't really feel engaged when playing her except if I'm rushing, and I basically got the Slingshot maneuver down to a science, so mobility abilities aren't important to me. 

Tornadoes annoys the **** outta me, I want to shoot the enemies, not fling them about. Worse kind of CC if you ask my opinion. 

She has no AoE nuke. Closest thing to that are her Tornadoes, and even they have a cooldown and do DoT rather than instant damage, for the most part.

That being said, she's still a lot more fun to play than a lot of Warframes partly due to that reason and partly due to her ability to fly!

Neither does Vauban, Valkyr, Loki or Mirage, yet no one questions the awesome power of those frames.

She has no instant skills to deal damage or control crowds.

Furthermore tornadoes are unpredictable and have negative stigma of sticking loot to the ceiling.

Finally her floatiness gets annoying at times.

She's good, but doesn't bring anything to a team that someone else can't do better, and the full product together Is still only average.

Mind you I have heard good things about max damage divebomb

Because she doesn't have any good moves to deal with hordes damage wise.

Only thing she is good at is dodging things and movement.

Tornado just makes things worse, divebomb is probably the worst skill in the game.

Turbulence is fine but it can't kill things.

Also, the dark gray accents on her body can't be changed color wise so no matter what, you will always have that ugly completely noticeable dark gray on whatever you color her, also again, she is one of the ugliest frames imo.

Side note, I have played WF for 950 hours via steam hours. I have yet to see a single Zephyr with the Tengu alternate helm. I have yet to see an alert for the Tengu alternate helm.

It cant kill things?

Thats an awfully tunnel visioned view there

You know what increases your chance of killing things by alot?

Not being able to die

It cant kill things?

Thats an awfully tunnel visioned view there

You know what increases your chance of killing things by alot?

Not being able to die

It can, just slowly and unpredictably, and can't be recast incase you need it again until it's done with it's duration.

It's like going in to kill things with Vortex, you COULD but it's damage is terrible. But Vortex does the exact opposite of what Tornado does.

Keeps enemies and loot to an extremely close proximity, and can be cast until you are out of energy without worry or durations.

Tornado is only good for clearing a pod and even then there is no guarantee it will target the pod if a bigger horde is away from/on the way to the pod upon cast.

How to use Zephyr: Use max speed, and max stamina be as fast as possible and as nimble as possible

Turbulance = Rhino skin if your fast then enemies just can not hit you.

Tailwind: does fine damage, knocks down, basically god teir in survival, lets you copter at scolic level max beserk without having beserk or scolic equiped.

Divebomb: Try using max heavy impact, just trust me.

Tornadoe: FOR GODS SAKE THIS IS A DEBUFF ABILITY FOR GODS SAKE! If you have viral or corrosive you can garrenteed proc a enemy. Unless your a meta gamer or a scrub, her Tornado ability is great.

In high levels being able to proc the enemy garrenteed is very nice. Also its a nice stun.

Zephyrs tanking ability is using speed and turbulence to your advantage. With max speed turbulence is basically Rhino skin. :/ Its almost impossible to get shot unless a enemy gets lucky, or you stop moving.

Edited by Feallike

It can, just slowly and unpredictably, and can't be recast incase you need it again until it's done with it's duration.

It's like going in to kill things with Vortex, you COULD but it's damage is terrible. But Vortex does the exact opposite of what Tornado does.

Keeps enemies and loot to an extremely close proximity, and can be cast until you are out of energy without worry or durations.

Tornado is only good for clearing a pod and even then there is no guarantee it will target the pod if a bigger horde is away from/on the way to the pod upon cast.

He's talking about Turbulence.

He mentioned something about killing things. Turbulence doesn't kill things, to my knowledge.

Then you must be a Rhino/Ember/Nova user. You have a primary, a secondary and a melee for a reason. Utility and CC is much more needed in high-end missions than Ability damage. I'm just trying to figure out Zephyr's usefulness and potential.

Edited by AridTeflon

Then you must be a Rhino/Ember/Nova user. You have a primary, a secondary, a melee, and damage mods for a reason. Utility and CC is much more needed in high-end missions than Ability damage. I'm just trying to figure out Zephyr's usefulness and potential.

I hate Rhino and Nova.