Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Time To Buy Platinum..

Moodsy

Question

So I've been itching to buy some platinum but I was waiting for a 50% or 75% off roll. I finally landed a 50% roll, so I am thinking that maybe I should buy some plat. I can get 2100 for $50, and seeing as how I play often I'd like to support DE in some way. I am conflicted however, I am trying to decide what is better to get. 2100 plat for $50 or go for Nyx Prime Access for $82. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Remember that Prime Access does not combine with discounts, you'll always pay full price for it. So unless you want to get the prime access desperately, I'd go for the Platinum with the 50% discount but would be better with a 75% discount.

Also welcome to the forums.

Edited by NovusNova

Hmm. How about a third option - drop 52$ for the accessories pack (*mainly the credits/xp booster) and spend ~ 26$ for 1000 plat. Assuming you're just buying slots+potatoes, that will give you enough. I'd value the two 90 day boosters higher than 1625 platinum (and you save 5$).

Otherwise, I would go for the 2100 plat for 52$. Farming for the new primes will keep you busy as opposed to just buying them. The cheapest option is to just ignore them for now and buy the older primes for plat, as people get spares trying to farm the new ones.

'Course, that depends on how much $$ you want to drop into the game. I'm a rather stingy guy (despite having dropped a few hundred $ into WF) so I lean towards the cheapest option. If you want the new primes, buying the Prime Access is your best shot, as the drop tables suck right now.

I'd wait for a 75%, but if you're willing to drop another ~$20 buying all 4300 plat is probably the best option here; you can buy the new primes with the extra plat and have plenty left over, enough you wont have to buy any more in the future.

So I've been itching to buy some platinum but I was waiting for a 50% or 75% off roll. I finally landed a 50% roll, so I am thinking that maybe I should buy some plat. I can get 2100 for $50, and seeing as how I play often I'd like to support DE in some way. I am conflicted however, I am trying to decide what is better to get. 2100 plat for $50 or go for Nyx Prime Access for $82. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Prime access gives more.