Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burst Fire And Fps/dps

_Fracture8

If anyone doesn't know already a persons framerate determines their overall DPS with burst fire weapons. The slower the frame rate the slower the bullets fire during their shots. I was wondering if DE has any kind of plan to fix this problem because it's starting to get worse and worse as time goes on. Looking at other people's burst fire weapons then watching mine chuck bullets out at half the speed and half the DPS really irritates me. 

I hope they have a plan to fix this problem, as it affects semi-auto weapons as well (though not as noticeable).

Does it? I know that's a problem in CoD, but I haven't noticed it here.

As for possible solutions to it, based off what I know about the problem (CoD again), it's not the kind of thing that can be easily fixed. 

Yes. It does run much like on CoD. The engines are very similar on how they handle fire-rate. And you are also correct that it can not be easily fixed because of how it works.

Yeah, this lowers DPS on anything semi-auto or burst, including melee swings.  Kinda sucks for us players who don't have current machines.  It also kills the polling rate for targeted abilities, making them hard to use or almost nonfunctional beyond close range (Ash Teleport is a particular headache.)

I don't understand why it should be hard to fix?  If you have automatic weapons that fire at the correct rate even with low or choppy frames, then why should burst weapons be having issues.  A burst fire weapon is just an automatic with a mechanism that limits how many times it's allowed to cycle between trigger presses.

I don't understand why it should be hard to fix?  If you have automatic weapons that fire at the correct rate even with low or choppy frames, then why should burst weapons be having issues.  A burst fire weapon is just an automatic with a mechanism that limits how many times it's allowed to cycle between trigger presses.

but they might very different coding in the end. I dont know for sure, but it's possible DE has to rewrite everything. 

I'm no programmer, but would it be possible to run some sort of script or the like to "benchmark" your computer and set a top fps.

This would however come with a checkbox. Clicking the box would (possibly) limit your maximum fps, but it would also boost the damage of the weapon proportionately to that max fps.

Let's say the "standard" fps for the game is 80. This is the required fps for the weapons' firing rate not to be compromised.

Now with the "benchmark" your computer gets a rating and would likely run at ~40 fps. This would mean that you fired at half of the fire rate. Boosting damage by 50% would counter that.

I'm guessing it's far more complicated than this, but this is just to get the idea out. Could something like that work?

*if the calculation could be done on the fly it would probably be better, current fps countered with responding damage boost. I just figured additional workload on rigs that allready struggle might not be the best.

Edited by Lactamid

So those people with framerates low enough that dps drops don't have other problems playing warframe than just dps? Okay.

Dps matters only in endless and/or void, while void is pretty hardware intensive its still not a problem for newer machines.

The real problem are endless, after some time(even something reasonable like 20 waves of t4) there are simply too many enemies on screen, all these animations, bullets, special effects, dmg numbers flying, that clusterf*** simply kills any fps you might have unless you put something silly like 7000$ into your machine and have no problem putting another 7k few years from now, in that case you might not feel it.

Edited by Davoodoo