Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr & Attack On Titan/shingeki No Kyojin

main_antagonist

I'm just putting the idea out there to modify Valkyr's Rip Line n__n

tumblr_mzobee0Qh81r8vza5o1_500.gif

Here are the two proposals that I think would be an improvement in the way Rip Line functions.

1) When you have your melee weapon out and you are channeling, you can then hold the Rip Line ability and consume energy to continue to drag yourself through the air.

Or...

2) Consuming energy as you drag through the air without needing to melee channel.

3D_Maneuver_Gear.gif

How would this tweak change her ability? See the below video to see an example in action :)

Full scene for the above link is here -->  

In case this link doesn't take you to the point in the video -->  'skip to 9mins 11 seconds'

How it feels for me right now using Rip Line ...

Edited by main_antagonist

While I would thoroughly enjoy '3D Movement Gear' ability with Ripline - I have no idea how DE would reasonably implement that and how mods would affect it...

+1 for any Ripline mobility inprovement

Not entierly sure what you're proposing here, but we won't be able to use Ripline in any way like the Omni-Directional Movement Gear. It's too fast pace, accurate and maneuverable to work in any of warframes environments.

I thought the tweak concept seemed simple to understand :/

Two proposals that I think would be cool and an improvement in the way it functions.

1) When you have your melee weapon out and you channel you can hold the Rip Line ability and consume energy to continue to drag yourself through the air.

2) Consuming energy as you drag through the air without melee channeling.

I suppose I should have said for point 2)  'Consuming energy as you hold the ripline ability/channel it but without needing to melee channel.'

I hope that helps clear that up guys if not I'll do my best to explain it better :D

It would still work the same but instead of having a 'lunge' effect it would either mean you use just the normal quick cast to lunge like we do now or 'hold' it to continue to drag yourself further at the cost of extra energy with or without melee channeling.

tl;dr? 

Hold the ability key, it uses energy until you let go or have no energy. If you want to toggle this feature they could make it so you need to melee channel to enable it. (channeling changes your ability, I have channeling set to toggle)

Edited by main_antagonist

i want this.

maybe make it toggle? and hanging from the ceiling would probably just require the zipline pose and firing mechanic. ie you cant use bows as you need both hands to use a bow or something. if they manage to get this to work it could provide very interesting results. Basically i want to hang on the ceiling and shoot angstrum rockets at the pod.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the devs' implementation of the Grappling Hooks that everyone wanted. I was hoping for an independent (primary?) weapon rather than a Frame-locked ability that functioned something similar to:

fenglee.com/game/aog/

(For those who haven't played this before and don't feel like playing a Unity-based flash game at the moment, I was basically hoping for the grappling hooks to be more rapidly fire-able, with the ability to do multiple basic melee slashes in the air, while having some simple pendulum physics involved instead of the straight-up "press 1 while facing the direction that I want to go".

Kind of stupidly high expectations I had there, but I would've loved that system. XD)

Edited by SortaRandom

i want this.

maybe make it toggle? and hanging from the ceiling would probably just require the zipline pose and firing mechanic. ie you cant use bows as you need both hands to use a bow or something. if they manage to get this to work it could provide very interesting results. Basically i want to hang on the ceiling and shoot angstrum rockets at the pod.

I disagree with wanting to "hang from the ceiling and wanting to shoot angstrum rockets at the pod"

I believe that would encourage lazy gameplay and it would become more of a grind this is to make valkyr more mobile and efficent in battle I don't really like Hysteria and I find it boring playing her as a bullet sponge. What I'm suggesting is what you see in the .gif and in the video mobile combat where the Rip Line actually drags you not a little tug over a short distance but that would still be a feature. Holding the key would change how it works dramatically.

Here is one of the builds I run on her that would be good for her if she had Rip Line Tweaked.

356eBog.jpg