Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #38!

[DE]Rebecca

2nd breakfast and watching Devstream, always a good way to start the day. Now getting the notes I did while watching into actual words;

THE MELEE STUFF;

We have vertical aim with wall attacks, and we will get vertical inclination spin attacks... will that finally mean we're getting vertical aiming for REGULAR attacks?

I see you're finally going to address the discrepancy in coptering with several weapons, which doesn't make me feel like an outcast any more with all the stuff I posted in regards to that, and all the discussions which have been had.

MISSION DIORAMAS;

I understood that they disappeared because it really didn't make any sense to still have them when you're bouncing out with your ship. That didn't make me any less sad about them, because I believed they served a practical use; Pre-loading Warframe models before the mission actually started. Though I always wanted for the CORRECT loadout to be used, to avoid loading unnecessary stuff. Instead of that Scindo in Sabotage Dioramas, I wanted to see my actual melee weapon. It is much appreciated that you plan to give the Dioramas a return for the Codex as far as mission descriptions go :)

DOJO PAINTJOB;

And crap, you beat me to it XD I do look forward for this Dojo overhaul but what I am NOT looking forward to is that little info in the corner; "you can only dye your Dojo ONCE." Why? I mean... why? That doesn't make any sense at all. If this is already part of the tint masks, then why should there be restrictions? If you want to make us work to get the colours or whatever it is to make these things, then just let us do it again if we want to repaint the Dojo. Such a restriction is not nice, why would you do that?

ABILITY MODS AWAY;

I like the change, finally. I also understand that ability mods are not to be found on the market for cheap due to rare mod duplication. I mean, you could always make it expensive. 100K per Warframe mod pack? But to be honest; if you say that the only way to get extra ability mods after that point is to re-craft the Warframe or trade them... I have to point out how you contradict yourself a little;

We require Materials gathered from the game, a blueprint purchased from the market, and the parts from a boss (most of the time) to create a Warframe. So why would I need an extra Warframe slot always in spare in order to build the Warframe I want to have duplicate mod cards from, just to sell it again?

My suggestion;

• Seed "Ability blueprints" in the market which are making specific Warframe mods. Have them require less materials and only the related Warframe Systems part.

• You can even go so far and have only ONE blueprint that is called "Ability Blueprint" and depending on which Warframe System we choose as extra component, it determines which abilities we get. We already have such a system in place, when we get to decide which weapon to take to craft another one, or which Void key to use when crafting Dragon Keys.

• This would not require an extra Warframe slot, would still require a reasonable amount of ingame effort for duplicates, and still allows any future user to fetch duplicates in an establish and Warframe-specific manner.

• This certainly isn't "fetching rare mods instantly for credits for fuse fodder" and should be a fitting option for extra ability cards.

NEW RENDERING;

To consider a revamp of graphics ALREADY is something incredible. Especially since you take performance into consideration as such a high priority. Other companies wait many many years to bring out a graphic overhaul - if they do it at all.

I am concerned about the Warframe Exosuit materials though. Some say they look like plastic, but I don't necessarily find that a bad thing. They're certainly not solid metal everywhere, as that won't allow such fluid movements. So I hope we're not going to see full metal gloss Warframes in the future, as that would be a total turn-down. Many of them have a very biotech / organic feel to them, which should be preserved, and I think for many of them a more matte look would suit better.

SIGILS

Well, for one, I'm happy to hear a detail about that new faction which is going to breathe live back into my own new faction concept - as now it isn't going to clash any more! But for the other; THANK YOU for keeping these things COSMETIC. If you ever plan to give us any stat bonuses with these challenges... then please consider to separate the stats from the appearance. Like handing out two rewards; "Here is your T-shirt AND here is your screwdriver" and thus having two slots associated with it. But thank you a LOT for keeping these cosmetic.

BEHIND THE WARFRAME;

No. Please, no. I beg you to not give us an answer to this unless you are REQUIRED to give it in order to explain some new content that we would be experiencing in the game. Because, let us be fair, all of those questions can already be answered in abstracts;

• "How is my Tenno gender swapping?" - Who says you're controlling only ONE Tenno? It could well be that every time you craft a Warframe, you're controlling a new Tenno to begin with.

• "But what about Council-created Warframes?" - Good catch. In that case I'm saying, you're controlling two Tenno. One base female, and one base male one and they swap their Exosuits accordingly. BUT. What if the Devs just haven't thought about that? No game designer ever has covered all lore in a plausible way, and there is no game that functions perfectly on a fictional level. On a player level, you don't even need to know that Banshee for example was Council created or Zephyr was Tenno researched. All that might be subject to change and retconned. And to be evil; who says the "Council" is not secretly creating new Tenno by throwing ... "volunteers" into the Void? See?

• "What about my entire Arsenal being shared between all my Warframes if I don't control one Tenno?" - Again, thinking in abstracts. What if you control your own group of Tenno, or your actions are corresponding to what unlinked Tenno do in the field? Ultimately, some gameplay things have to be made for gameplay convenience instead of sticking to Lore. Or... would you rather have all equipment Warframe-bound and every time you make a new Warframe you're getting a set of starter weapons and have to do it ALL OVER again? I didn't think so.

• "But I want to know how they look like!" - Ever heard of something like imagination? There is plenty of fan-art out there. Most cater to the manga-esque type of glorified superhuman. I personally don't think that is accurate, but guess what? I have a different imagination, and there is also different are out there. DE is currently pleasing EVERYONE by leaving it up for us to decide in our own heads.

• "What if Tenno are energy-beings controlling the suit?" - Possible? Why not? Anyone saying "look at the Alad V trailer and how it cauterizes the flesh"... so ... wow, you take ONE example which might not have had any thought put into it other than "it'll look cool" or the chance that they're just not thinking about the lore? Oh please.

• "What if Tenno are actually somewhere else and remote controlling a biological body in a biotech exosuit?" - Possible as well, and would explain everything; Genderswap (because you just control a different puppet) and full gear accessibility (because you own everything anyway).

See? It's really not hard to get all the answers with a little bit of thinking, WITHOUT needing to reveal anything. So please, DE, leave us in the dark as long as possible - preferably forever.

ADDITIONAL COMPANIONS

I'm hoping that the thread they mentioned loosely was this one; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295198-the-hunhow-utility-only-companion-concept-mimic-hunhow-redesign-new-art/

Edited by Khunvyel

As long as the achievements for sigil acquisition don't require something along the lines of "Kill X with Y weapon" as suggested in the stream, that's fine (y).

I do not want to have to recraft a weapon that I sold for mastery, just to get a sigil. Come on.

I'm pretty much disappointed.

Not. A. Single. Word. On. Void. Drop. Tables.

...what did you want them to say? Like, exactly...

I mean, they've already stated more Void Mission Types are coming several times in various places, meaning we'll have to redraw the void-drop tables AGAIN.

It's a forgone conclusion that more void missions and altering of the drop tables will occur as more prime equipment is released. So I have to ask again...

What exactly did you want them to say?

"Ahh yes, we've seen that a user by the name of Grulos has been running XYZ missions over and over despite getting ABC parts, so he this one user must be looking for J part... so we would like to announce today that we'll be sending J part to him in the mail and further we will be removing the rest of the drop table so that part J is the only thing that will drop for anyone." - Like... I don't get what everyone who constantly spams Twitch-chat with void drop table questions is looking for.

Will the drop tables be changed? Yes, we already know this.

Will there be more void missions? Yes, we already know this.

What would you like them to say?

Edited by LordOda

What would you like them to say?

Perhaps something like; "We're considering a Token system"

or

"We're toying with the idea to cut down prime parts into generic blade & handle parts for melee weapons, and barrel & receiver & stock for firearms, and something else for more exotic weapons like thrown and bows. Blueprints still drop as normal, but prime weapons now require different amounts of generic parts depending on the weapon."

or

... basically anything that would suggest they're aware of the fact of not being able to constantly dilute and shift void drop tables with no real sense or meaning. Thus, basically saying; "we're going to change the system, it might just take a bit until we figured out a good way. Until then, stick with us."

Edited by Khunvyel

It was a really good stream guys... a lot of future ideas and content were discussed and new mysteries hinted at. Can't wait for U15... keep up the awesome work.

P.S. PBR was a total surprise and a welcome one. Can't wait to see Warframe with some new graphic depth added to it. Awesooome! 

Edited by Bazools

Metal that looks like metal, I think I'm about to cry, so beautiful. That's one of the things I heard people complain about (some even been turned away from the game) all the time. Personally the materials that bothered me the most were the golden parts on prime items, they kind of glow in the dark oO

Very proud of you guys with everything your adding, a lot of small changes that were really needed to be implemented. Signals are amazing, and the removal of Ability mods being constantly dropped makes me want to have Lotus deploy me right now xD.

Signals look absolutely brilliant and amazing, and the idea of them is something that I've been wanting for a while now.

And FINALLY. My clan's dojo can be colorful!

So founders are getting an exclusive sigil? Wonderful, what's next, prime archwing, prime archwing weapons?? This is getting out of hand DE, how can you think giving the founders an extra exclusive item us in any way a smart idea?

Founders exclusive sigil? Wat? 

Founders exclusive sigil? Wat? 

Of the sigils shown in the Devstream, these are their names:

Clan masked, Clan Sigil, Clan Sigil Add, Clan Two tone, Energy Sigil, Fire Sigil, Grandmaster Sigil, Mastery Sigil, Spark Sigil, Two tone Sigil.

The naming conventions clearly are temporary, but there is indeed the question why would someone have a grandmaster sigil AND a mastery sigil. However, not every founder is a grandmaster, so I think that is reducing the chance for a "founders only" thing.

Furthermore, it has been stated that these sigils are going to be obtainable inside the game and only there.

So I'm inclined to believe that the user you were replying to just jumped to conclusions by simply reading names that are clearly still in development.

Of the sigils shown in the Devstream, these are their names:

Clan masked, Clan Sigil, Clan Sigil Add, Clan Two tone, Energy Sigil, Fire Sigil, Grandmaster Sigil, Mastery Sigil, Spark Sigil, Two tone Sigil.

The naming conventions clearly are temporary, but there is indeed the question why would someone have a grandmaster sigil AND a mastery sigil. However, not every founder is a grandmaster, so I think that is reducing the chance for a "founders only" thing.

Furthermore, it has been stated that these sigils are going to be obtainable inside the game and only there.

So I'm inclined to believe that the user you were replying to just jumped to conclusions by simply reading names that are clearly still in development.

If you actually watch, Steve puts on the grandmaster sigil, and it's the founders grandmaster symbol. I'm sure there's one for each tier of founders, and if not then they're even screwing the founders who are lower tiers.

If you actually watch, Steve puts on the grandmaster sigil, and it's the founders grandmaster symbol. I'm sure there's one for each tier of founders, and if not then they're even screwing the founders who are lower tiers.

I have "actually watched" the stream, don't worry :) But other than that icon, there is nothing further to support this claim, so we will just have to wait and see. Because there are a couple of possibilities that would go against that;

• If it was a treat for the founders and would show the related of the 4 icons which are linked to the founder status... why wasn't the icon tagged "Founders" instead?

• If memory serves me correctly, there have been so far ZERO bonuses and benefits added to the Founders AFTER the founder program ended. They precisely got what they paid for, nothing less and nothing more. It might be a weak claim but I don't think that DE is suddenly going to start give founders more stuff down their throats.

• They mentioned that the tests to achieve these things are going to be completed in a hierarchy. What if the Grandmaster symbol is the final one to get, after you got every other one?

• They might just have taken something that was known to be nice, solid, shiny and golden to see how these kind of sigils work out in the game. You always have to remember, that we are seeing ROUGH FOOTAGE of things that are in progress. Nothing has ever been shipped exactly down to the smallest bit of info the same way it was mentioned / showcased in the devstreams.

• If you take a closer look to the sigils, these are as far as I could discern, all icons which have already been in the game. You see the Stratos Symbol and the Hunt for Alad V symbol too. They're testing a concept. Art comes later. Do you remember how they first showcased the diegetic UI and the way they made any Warframe extend their hand was the revive animation?

All that said - would I have a problem for Founders to have a way to show ingame that they have helped Warframe with their donation? I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with that.

So founders are getting an exclusive sigil? Wonderful, what's next, prime archwing, prime archwing weapons?? This is getting out of hand DE, how can you think giving the founders an extra exclusive item us in any way a smart idea?

Do not judge that fast <.<

Why?

Every Mastery Rank has a name.

And as we know, there are achievements/trophies/challenges for mastery ranks. (click on expand to show the list)

Now look (ingame or via steam/ps4/xbone) at the names of the mastery rank achievements  :

(here a link: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Warframe/achievements/)

The last 3  are: Master, Middle Master, Grand Master

....see? 

I just think we will get with each  (or every 2nd) mastery rank the possibility to do a quest or some smaller "kill that with this weapon" stuff to get a new Sigil.

Or something like that.

Maybe founders will get exclusive sigils, maybe in the next prime access you can get a special Sigil easier...but we do not know because they did not talk about it.... we should just wait for further information and see how it goes. (and dont start complaining thaaat early :s)

....and...well..... calm down? :3

edit:

All that said - would I have a problem for Founders to have a way to show ingame that they have helped Warframe with their donation? I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with that.

yepp, same here.

Edited by Fabpsi

Every Mastery Rank has a name.

S/He does not talk about the mastery sigil. S/He talks about the Grandmaster sigil. Those are two different sigils as showcased in the stream. But yeah, as you can see from the post right above yours, it ain't that bad anyway :D

Edited by Khunvyel

S/He does not talk about the mastery sigil. S/He talks about the Grandmaster sigil. Those are two different sigils as showcased in the stream. But yeah, as you can see from the post right above yours, it ain't that bad anyway :D

i know <.<

The last mastery rank name ist GRAND MASTER.    "and?"

If it is named grand master, it just could be a grand master symbol.  

(because nobody said that the founders grand master symbol can not be reused on other stuff. Furthermore it is the last rank; it is hard to get and it is normal to think that the last thing will look pretty cool)

....but again, that is just my thinking about that stuff

If you are Grand Master from your mastery rank, then you would get the Grand master symbol anyhow. So there would be not much point in having a separate sigil for the grandmaster itself, right? :) Except if Grandmaster sigil would be serving a different purpose. And even appearance. If you look at the mastery sigil, it was flat colour that was customizable. The actual Grandmaster sigil was of a different texture - yay gold effects. So even if you are Grandmaster by mastery rank, both would look different.

So clearly, both are there to show different purposes.

And I was also implying up above that the Grandmaster symbols can be very well re-used for other things :)

Edited by Khunvyel