Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Faction-Based Gameplay Concept]Removing Your Lotus Branding.

_Absolom_

This is going to be quite a long thread, I'll try to keep it short, but I can't promise anything.

Basic idea: After you hit a certain Mastery Rank, say 20, you would be able to remove the Lotus' brand and any signs of her from your Tenno and Warframes, and change which faction you want to serve from there on.

I think a lot of people have already thought of this, but I've never really seen a thread that goes really deep into the subject.

Being with the Tenno and the Lotus is a really great experience, but some of us simply have a greater affliction to other factions than her. Some of us are bored of it, some of us want to shape their Tenno's legacy and reputation in a different way than others.

I've seen people who are extremely loyal to the Grineer, or love their bulbous shapes and weapon styles. Or simply the idea of conquering for no reason.

Others want to lead a hive of Infested, and honestly, the Tenno are survivors and adaptors of the Technocyte virus, so I'd say that'd be logical.

And some others, though we are a rare breed indeed, have sworn total loyalty to the Corpus. We use mostly Corpus weapons, always support them invasions regardless of the rewards, try to kill as few of them as possible.

What I'd love to see is an expansion into this part of the lore and gameplay. Here's an example.

For example, I have reached MR 21 and have had enough of the continuous warnings of heavy units and assault teams heading my way.

I want to BE the heavy unit approaching.

I want to LEAD that assault team.

I want someone else as my guide through these dark times.

I want to fuel the Grineer's war machine and conquer the whole Solar System!

All I need to do is complete a(quite long, say 30 minutes) minigame on the Warframe you'd like to "convert".

This minigame is nothing else but an operation(well, dissection basically) performed by the faction in question.

Here's some art, credits to n4n0 from DevArt.

valkyrs_nightmare_by_n4n0_1805-d7m4j9k.j

READY, SET, DISSECT!

You'd be controlling the operation through the hands of the "doc" or "scientist" or "exampleunit" and would have to deal with your Tenno crawling off the operating table, screaming in pain, the likes of that, whilst peeling off the 'Frame and burning the Lotus' neurodes and sensors. Your Tenno's health will decrease over time, and burn out faster if you make mistakes in cutting and such. If you fail the operation, the Frame will be reset to rank 0, and you'll have to rank it back to 30 to try again. That, or have a 24-hour cooldown to recover from your injuries. 

Of course, different factions would have different minigames.

This is what I'd like to see with the Infested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc0XI7Y2TT0

Cell by cell, re-infect your Warframe with the Technocyte virus. But watch out, if you corrupt too many secondary nerves, you become nothing more than a ghoul yourself.

SO, I'M DONE. WHAT NOW?

Congratulations. You have officially converted a frame to a specific faction. Whenever you use this frame, lesser or greater leaders will guide your missions of the respective factions, grant rewards and give quests.

You're a Corpus merc? Protect this cargo from the invading Grineer to gain X% of the profit it'll make. The more invaders, the more it's worth.

You're a Grineer captain? Lead these men across planet X without being outnumbered. Conquer outpost Y within Z minutes to get a promotion and a special reward!

You're an Infested Alpha? Corrupt this outpost to spread the Infested across this planet, and watch as your connection to your inner self becomes stronger and you grow ever more powerful!

OKAY, THAT SOUNDS NICE AND ALL, BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE USE?

This is more of a...how should I say it...personal preference. Some people would just love to support anything except the Lotus. Some of us have conspiracy fears, have grown cold or have begun to even hate her. 

I think that this concept could be somehow connected to what Steve was talking about a few months ago, and how he wanted to give us the ability to support X faction to gain their favour and unlock specific items, but as we do so, faction Y trusts us less by the day and refuses to support us in any way or shape.

-I think that once you joined another faction, there should be some indication on your Warframe in terms of customization.

We have armour sets and syandanas right now, but I think something like special Warframe extensions would be nice.

-Shoulder turrets, anyone?

-Or a follower of that faction. Like a Roller or Osprey following you around, instead of your normal sentinels.

-Some indication on your profile as well, like "Faction: Corpus. Reputation with faction: Exalted. Rank: Leader of the 9001th MOA legion."

THIS THREAD WAS WAY TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ LOL WHERE DA TL;DR AT

Right here, mah boi. 

-Reach a certain MR and abandon the Lotus

-To do this, dissect your Warframe in a minigame, you can fail and it takes a long time

-Once done, you joined faction X and are now officially their henchman. 

-Gain specific cosmetics, items and such while supporting them.

-Special quests become available, with great rewards!

Thank you for reading, please, give me some feedback on this!!

~Soulswipe, Corpus Mercenary.

I'm hesitant to say "let the Tenno side with the Grineer or Corpus or Infested" like a lot of people like to propose, but the idea of intra-Tenno groups that don't agree with each other or the Lotus and allowing the players to choose between them (and new in-mission announcers at the same time) is something that appeals to me - as previous posts of mine (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/188146-announcer-faction-concept-the-conflagration-w-voice-acting/ ) have shown.

I'm hesitant to say "let the Tenno side with the Grineer or Corpus or Infested" like a lot of people like to propose, but the idea of intra-Tenno groups that don't agree with each other or the Lotus and allowing the players to choose between them (and new in-mission announcers at the same time) is something that appeals to me - as previous posts of mine (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/188146-announcer-faction-concept-the-conflagration-w-voice-acting/ ) have shown.

I think this would go into the whole Clans and Alliances system even deeper than now. Like, "Clan X is known for its affection to the Corpus, so they're constantly in war with Clan Y who support the Grineer" or "Alliance Z consists of Infested clans trying to infect the whole Solar System"