Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change From Dx9 To Dx10

Livingdead713

Im not sure what is wrong but I have a pretty decent laptop but since the madatory change so that you cant use dx9 anymore loading screens have become so dreadfully long I dont even want to play anymore. I never had an issue when playing on dx9 is there anything I can do or is it just my hardware cant handle dx10

Launcher has setting that allows you to disable DX 10

Yep.

I didn't realize the game automatically switched to DX10, but I noticed quite a performance increase once I unchecked the "DX10" option in the launcher settings. Faster initial loading, my second monitor actually works while the game is in focus, etc.

You should buy new gear.

Seriously.

Not everybody can afford new gear.

Seriously.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Not everybody can afford new gear.

Seriously.

Just think about it and then do it.

It's a pain to experience everything with old stuff. Trust me, I've been there.

This is not a hate post, don't worry, it's just painful to see how people avoid upgrading gear while it clearly won't cut it anymore.

why? If the rig they have serves what they need why upgrade?

If it really did then we wouldn't have the thread.

But actually forcing DX10 was a stupid move, as we've heard before that DX10 fucks a lot of stuff up. DX11 was supposed to boost DX10, but forcing DX10 is idiotic - you can just take a look at tests of DX10 vs DX9.

Edited by Filas312

They need to stop doing that.

doing what? so many games do this.

they detect what you support, and defaults are based off of that.

if you don't like the defaults, you change them.

just as if you don't like the default Keybindings, you change them.

Just think about it and then do it.

It's a pain to experience everything with old stuff. Trust me, I've been there.

This is not a hate post, don't worry, it's just painful to see how people avoid upgrading gear while it clearly won't cut it anymore.

If it really did then we wouldn't have the thread.

But actually forcing DX10 was a stupid move, as we've heard before that DX10 fucks a lot of stuff up. DX11 was supposed to boost DX10, but forcing DX10 is idiotic - you can just take a look at tests of DX10 vs DX9.

he asked how to turn on DX10, that has nothing to do with how good his gear is for his needs or not. How does asking how to toggle DX mode indicate needing an upgrade?

Edited by Echoa

Yep.

I didn't realize the game automatically switched to DX10, but I noticed quite a performance increase once I unchecked the "DX10" option in the launcher settings. Faster initial loading, my second monitor actually works while the game is in focus, etc.

Im not 100% sure why they added DX10 support personally, never knew it to perform better even on DX10 hardware and visually warframe doesnt change between any of the versions. Although it did just become "official"/out of beta support now but since warframe is still beta im sure theres plenty of bugs to work out like with DX11 at first.

no hard feelings.

IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT IS, YES IT IS IT IS INDEED.

its not, you do it the same way you turn it on, just uncheck the box

dont recall saying anywhere there that DX10 and DX9 arent different, reading comprehension young jedi

you jumped to telling him to get new hardware based on a check box

thats like someone asking how to print and going "well, looks like youre going to need a whole new computer"

Edited by Echoa

thats like someone asking how to print and going "well, looks like youre going to need a whole new computer"

That's not what he said, at all. You really should stop picking fights with people and trying to make them look like the bad guy. There are enough vultures on the forums already, just waiting for people to attack.

Edited by JohnProdman

That's not what he said, at all. You really should stop picking fights with people and trying to make them look like the bad guy. There are enough vultures on the forums already, just waiting for people to attack.

If he felt attacked im sure he'd say so, and the first thing he told OP was to "get new gear". We cant possibly know what OP hardware is as he didnt mention it. Seems to me like youre trying to make me look like a bad guy here calling me a "vulture" and saying im going around "picking fights". 

My response was merely "why? if its serves the OP purpose no need to" and it was asserted that base on the OP we could possibly know that info and that he needed to upgrade. I have no issue with Filas, if he has one he is more than welcome to PM me about it.

Edited by Echoa

Really? DirectX 10 is nearly 7 years old now. And with the move, it's more or less the same codebase as DirectX 11

DX9 is older lol 

I thought DX11 had a feature level designed for DX10 hardware which made using DX10 pointless/not needed, kinda like how DX12 has a feature level for DX11 hardware for the same reason.

Edited by Echoa

DX9 is older lol 

I thought DX11 had a feature level designed for DX10 hardware which made using DX10 pointless/not needed, kinda like how DX12 has a feature level for DX11 hardware for the same reason.

Nah, 12 covers 11, but hardware that wasn't designed for 11 won't acknowledge the API.

DX9 is older lol 

Remember that DX versions are also tied to Windows versions. DX11 is Windows 7/8 and Vista SP2 exclusive.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

Nah, 12 covers 11, but hardware that wasn't designed for 11 won't acknowledge the API.

Im pretty sure it does, just one API and 3 hardware types

this here would mean they just use DX11 API and when it autodetects (if support is there for it to do so in the app) the hardware API level and adjusts accordingly

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476872(v=vs.85).aspx

Edited by Echoa

Remember that DX versions are also tied to Windows versions. DX11 is Windows 7/8 and Vista SP2 exclusive.

yea ik

but most are vista+ so keeping DX9 as separate would be fine as XP would need it but i dont believe the DX10 mode was needed as per DX11 api feature levels.

Edited by Echoa

If you have recently changed warframe setting on launcher, you might want to turn it back if you want to avoid slow-loading, bugs etc. I've also had bad experince when i turn it on, but as they said it, it was on testing, a beta version.