Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifts We Get From Occasions

-UW-Gwen

"Christian" and some other western special days are celebrated and known on every continent. Not by every country or person...but Christmas/Winter Holidays is certainly celebrated by far more people than any islamic holiday.

The biggest amount of people will have no idea about those kind of holidays and will definitely be alienated by the thought of it. And I don't mean that in an evil way or anything....but it's almost as if WF suddenly started celebrating the German reunification day...would make no freakin' sense.

P.s. If it was a game made in a "Muslim Country" and they would have their own holiday-based events only...I wouldn't go and ask them for events that fit my personal religion all of a sudden...that seems out of place...but maybe that's just me.

Edited by Shehriazad

Not in the context of a video game event, it wouldn't. What do you think Islamic nations learned about other cultures for out Christmas events? We like candy canes. That's what.

Educational in the sense of "hey, I wonder what this thing is all about... I'm gonna check wikipedia". I'd never have heard of Eid al-Fitr if it hadn't been mentioned here, for example, but now I know a little bit about it.

Besides, you think the candy cane thing is exclusive to WF? I live in Argentina, and the only thing I'd know about Halloween if I weren't arsed to google about it would be that it's somehow related to costumes and candy, when its roots are far deeper than that. Not only that, there probably are a lot of people who think Christmas is about Santa Claus and giving gifts to children instead of commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ.

But I digress. The point is, you can't learn about something if you haven't even heard about it in the first place.

If DE started giving out gifts on every other occasions which are celebrated around the globe, we will be having one or two gift each day.

I do not intend to disrespect your idea or any occasion < [size=1]JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR[/size]

there probably are a lot of people who think Christmas is about Santa Claus and giving gifts to children instead of commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ.

Considering I'm hardcore agnostic and refuse to fall into any belief system other than the belief in some form of cosmic "higher power", that IS what Christmas is about for me (sans Santa). I couldn't care less about the origins, I'm interested in the experience.

I guess a big portion of this is a personal issue of not being interested in overexposure to multiculturalism in the context of a video game and I really shouldn't be expected to be.

You can go on all day about how it's good to educate oneself and be open minded (which I actually am despite how this post paints me) But I'm honestly all for them removing holiday events in general.

It's Warframe, that's what should matter. The war. Not some 4th wall breaking holiday event that I really don't care about even IRL. I realize not everyone sees this subject the same way, but the fact that they don't certainly doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't.

Tradition is worthless, it's just another way to hold on to the past.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver