Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Excalibur Rework?

BunnieBox

It's at least an hour in. I'm watching it now so I'll give you an update soon.

Sorry about that. I've been rewatching the stream but I apparently missed the time when they talking about it. I thought it was talked at the same time as dagger and heavy weapon buffs but unfortunately that's not the case.

Edit 2: Found when they talked about it. It starts at 20:36

Again, a big thank you ;) I'll watch it and then post my thoughts.

Edited by xxx7

On more serious note, i never did understand why Excal isnt self buffer. Buffing his weapon damage, especially melee damage.

I think that Radial Blind debuff on enemies is a sort of melee buff for Excalibur.

However, a 5th Skill for Excalibur that gives ONLY a personal/team buff could be perfect. A lot of Warframes have a buff skill. We want it too. 

I kinda like the superjump rework idea. It isn't what I would have done but I like that it now has a very definite role when you use it.

It's actually somewhat similar to Molt in a way that it's now a distraction/escape move but with some added mobility and utility. I just hope now that it'll better carry horizontal momentum when you use it.

Edited by Terumitsu

I kinda like the superjump rework idea. It isn't what I would have done but I like that it now has a very definite role when you use it.

It's actually somewhat similar to Molt in a way that it's now a distraction/escape move but with some added mobility and utility. I just hope now that it'll better carry horizontal momentum when you use it.

It's kinda useless if you ask me. Part of the duration is already depleted while in the air

We can't say for certain how the mechanics of duration work out until we actually have it in game. If you mean the stun then maybe but that could just be solved by shooting downwards. If you mean the invisibility, we have no data on how it works yet so it's hard to say either way.

In any case, the fact that it's a non-ult 'panic button' is appealing as it gets rid of what could be loads of heat going your way. Honestly I think this is just gonna wind up underrated at this rate but I really like the mobility/get some breathing room aspect that would be handy to have when the Void starts to get crowded with walls of bullets.

However, certainly Excalibur's skill, today, are affected by power bonuses in a strange way.

Slash dash 'range' is affected by Power Duration (because the speed is costant). Slash dash 'area of effect' is affected by Power Range. 

Super Jump 'range' is affected by Power Strenght. Meh. 

They should work in this way:

- Slash dash 'range' and 'area of effect' both affected by Power Range. Damage affected by Power Strenght. 

- Super jump 'range' affected by Power Range too. If it will stun enemies in a certain area, this stun could be affected by Power range (radius) and Power Duration (duration). 

- Radial Javelin range affected by Power Range, damage by Power Strenght. If it will have a crowd control effect, it could be affected by Power Duration. 

- Radial Blind as it is now, with the line of sight 'nerf' (however, remember that this was the first idea, Radial Blind shoud work in this way since the beginning. But, considered that player liked the bug that allow to blind enemies behing objects, devs never changed it. Now it's time for a complete rework finally, after almost 2 years). 

In this way, Power Range affects EVERY range, Power Strenght affect ONLY damage and Power Duration affects only Crowd Control effects durations. 

So, at the end, everyone could be able to choose what kind of set they want (damage, range, duration, or a mix of these three), without the need to go crazy to try to understand how the hell every single skill works and how they're affected by mods. 

Edited by Latronico

However, certainly Excalibur's skill, today, are affected by power bonuses in a strange way.

Slash dash 'range' is affected by Power Duration (because the speed is costant). Slash dash 'area of effect' is affected by Power Range. 

Super Jump 'range' is affected by Power Strenght. Meh. 

They should work in this way:

- Slash dash 'range' and 'area of effect' both affected by Power Range. Damage affected by Power Strenght. 

- Super jump 'range' affected by Power Range too. If it will stun enemies in a certain area, this stun could be affected by Power range (radius) and Power Duration (duration). 

- Radial Javelin range affected by Power Range, damage by Power Strenght. If it will have a crowd control effect, it could be affected by Power Duration. 

- Radial Blind as it is now, with the line of sight 'nerf' (however, remember that this was the first idea, Radial Blind shoud work in this way since the beginning. But, considered that player liked the bug that allow to blind enemies behing objects, devs never changed it. Now it's time for a complete rework finally, after almost 2 years). 

In this way, Power Range affects EVERY range, Power Strenght affect ONLY damage and Power Duration affects only Crowd Control effects durations. 

So, at the end, everyone could be able to choose what kind of set they want (damage, range, duration, or a mix of these three), without the need to go crazy to try to understand how the hell every single skill works and how they're affected by mods.

Slash Dash + Time Duration?

Is That a train? Is That a Stalker?

No! It's Excalibur Reworked.

{Didn't sleep yesterday.}