Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reward System For Old Players Helping New Players Unlocking Planets

iamah

This reddit thread shows new players are having a hard time finding groups to unlock planets:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2i8l6z/noobs_of_warframe_where_are_the_trouble_spots/

Makes sense because as an old player myself I never go back to random planets, I just keep it to a few spots like Void, Alad V or Sechura.

[suggestion]

Create a table/list of all players looking for group. If one of the players in the list is unlocking that planet, mark that group so that older players joining would get extra rewards.

The first reward that comes to mind is credits, something more attractive than Sechura(40k?), so that old players prefer doing that missions instead a quick Sechura run.

Rewards are certainly a good incentive to help get older players to go back, I don't think its neccessarily the right one though, especially not credits.

The trouble is older players need a reason to go back, but not one that's going to just make them rush it. If they're rushing low level missions for new players just so they can get their say 50k a run, it's ruining any fun the new players could potentially have.

Some balanced rewards might help as an extra incentive, but rewards shouldnt be the main incentive really.

After a bit of thinking, increased resource drop rate might be a nice way to do it, maybe 10% higher drop rate or something. For high level players it still isnt much of an incentive (perhaps do saturn more for orokin cells or something) but it gives mid level players an incentive to go back to get resources somewhere other than survival. On top of that the mid-level players are somewhat less likely to have very op gear so they should match the new player's pacing a bit better. Keeping the boost not too high still keeps dark sectors viable for it and it wouldnt be taxed making it a bit of a competitor.

After a bit of thinking, increased resource drop rate might be a nice way to do it, maybe 10% higher drop rate or something. For high level players it still isnt much of an incentive (perhaps do saturn more for orokin cells or something) but it gives mid level players an incentive to go back to get resources somewhere other than survival. On top of that the mid-level players are somewhat less likely to have very op gear so they should match the new player's pacing a bit better. Keeping the boost not too high still keeps dark sectors viable for it and it wouldnt be taxed making it a bit of a competitor.

I think the danger with this is new players aren't going to get help unless they're on Saturn or Jupiter (for Orokin Cells and Neural Sensors). I actually think credits work better.

Or, and this is getting on the crazy side, maybe for completing 50 or 100 or 200 missions to help new players we could unlock something. Maybe at a really high number there could be a Wraith or Vandal weapon as a reward.