Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Navigating Through The Solar System

Sync527

Hi there... I'm new here, so forgive me if I seem noobish or something... Anyways...

I'm fairly certain other players have had this idea in their heads and posted about it before, but wouldn't it be nice if you could navigate through the System in your ship if you wanted to go to a particular planet, and the Solar System's like an open-world environment where you see other players' ships passing by, and if you wanted to select a mission node, you just have to select it in your nav console?

I have a feeling I didn't express myself quite well, so feel free to comment regarding this...

There is talk about an exploration type mission that might show up at some point down the line after U15 comes out and we get the archwings.   where you can just fly around and explore an area.    Other then that.  The idea to pilot your ship and go to the planets is neat in theory.  but given how the game is set up, and well thinking about the distance between planets.  There really wouldn't be much to see or explore when flying unless you wanted to spent minutes or longer to fly from planet to planet.  

Its a nice idea, but I don't foresee something like that being introduced to the game.  Be neat for sure, but game just isn't setup to be that way. 

I suppose... That's kinda sad... A friend of mine asked if there was a chance that during the loading for a mission, where you see your ship just warping through space, they'd put some sort of animation that'd make the approach to a planet a bit more realistic?

I'm just paraphrasing... I don't quite remember what he said or how he said it exactly...