Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic, Invitation Only] Behind The Veil: Faces Of Rebellion And Revolution

MetroFallout

Humanity... The once great master of the Origin System. How the mighty have fallen. Forced to eke out a meagre existence under the oppression of the two masters of militaristic dominance and greed, mankind as a whole has been suppressed.

The Grineer, led by the Twin Queens, have shed the blood of millions upon millions to bring the free man to his knees.

The Corpus, led by the Board, have bled the free man dry of his life blood, taking the fruits of his labour and his will.

The free man has been quietly suffering under the combined chafing rule of militarism and the cult of greed. The reappearance of a myth, a legend whispered quietly by the oppressed masses have finally given humanity hope for the first time in too many years.

The Tenno, enigmatic warriors of yore as led by the mysterious Lotus, have been striking back at the Grineer and Corpus as more and more of them awakened.

Watching the Tenno spit in the face of their abusive masters has given mankind hope. The hope that's been absent in the heart of the free man for too many years has returned and it yearns for a life free of the control of the Grineer and Corpus. The stage has been set, the battles have begun. The free men are fighting back. This is their story.

This is the in-character thread for Behind The Veil: Faces of Rebellion and Revolution.

The following posters are authorised for now:

MetroFallout

Psychotoxin

Fishworshipper

Post in the OOC thread if you want to join this thread.

Edited by MetroFallout

Meanwhile on the asteroid Hygeia between Mars and Jupiter...

Its business as usual for the Hygeia Stronghold. The newest, greenest recruits are being ferried in for their mandatory training before being shipped off to cut their teeth in battle. The weary combat veterans hung around the Stronghold's entertainment facilities, trying to get their minds off of their last deployment. The officers were spread out between the OC bar and the command center, relaying information between bases and the Lotus. What they didn't know was that there was a Carrier Fighter Group from the Grineer fleet approaching the Hygeia Stronghold.

On Grineer Carrier 765-b-112324 "Kwuim Striegkl" (translated as Queens' Strength)

[Communications intercepted and translated by Hygeia Stronghold]

"Sir, we have located the Red Veil Stronghold. The scouts were correct after all." said the XO of the Carrier to the CO, a Rear Admiral Kwuentak Gor.

"Good. Prepare the public address system. I have to prepare the troops myself." said RADM Gor, clearing his throat and looking at the camera directed at him. "My fellow Grineer! It is time for us to head into battle once more! The little insects that call themselves the Red Veil are nearby! Their days of resisting us and helping the Tenno scum are over! It is time to prepare for pest control! For the glory of the Queens!"

With that rallying speech, the troops in the hangar bay cheered and boarded the gunships and were ready to raid the Hygeia Stronghold.

Back on Hygeia

"Long range scanners detected a Grineer Carrier Group nearby ma'am. What are your orders?" asked a radio operator of the Hygeia Stronghold's CO, General Felice Vetar.

"Prepare every single able-bodied fighter and arm them now. We need to be ready for the raiding party. Have anti-gunship and transport crews ready and man the guns. I want minimal casualties on our side. Once the troops are armed, I will give out the orders to position them. Be ready." said GEN Vetar as she watched the scanner activity detailing the actions of the Carrier Group.

Doctor Lee O`Riley was sitting in his office in the residential district of Hygeia. An elderly man sat opposite of his desk.

"Mr. Johnson... ugh... You can`t avoid drinking your pills... I know they`re not the best tasting, but your heart will stop if you don`t take them. I`ll prescribe you another pack, and please... don`t flush them down the toilet." Lee said in a patient tone.

"You whippersnapper, I have lived seventy years without medication. Seventy! And why would I suddenly need them? Huh? You`re just trying to take my credits... That`s all you doctors do. Prescribe some expensive pills that don`t do much." The man started ranting and waved his hands around, but suddenly he stopped waving about and clutched his chest.

Lee got up from his chair, and walked over to the medicine cabinet that stood in the corner. He took out a bottle of pills, and took two in his hand. Then he swiftly walked over to the old man, and forcibly made him swallow two of them.

After a moment the man eased up, tension in his hand lessening. Lee knelt in front of him and looked at the man`s face.

"That... I could`ve... I was gonna be fine..." The man mumbled, but he took the prescription, and got up. "Damn younglings, think they know everything..." He mumbled on his way to the door. He was slow, and leaned against his cane. Lee silently got up and opened the door for the man.

"Do you promise to take the pills regularly, Mr. Johnson?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah... Otherwise you`ll never get off my case..." He grumbled and went out the door. Lee went out with him, and checked the corridor. It was empty. Mr. Johnson had been the last patient today. Lee turned around and went back into his office, sitting down and sighing. It wasn`t the first time with the old man, and he was sure it wouldn`t be the last one too.

"Dr. O`Riley?" The intercom chirped, as the nurse spoke. It was rather old, and sometimes had some white noise coming from it, but it still functioned well, so Lee didn`t complain.

He pushed a button, and answered:"Yes, Melissa. What is it?"

"Mr. Johnson told me to tell you that 'You better keep your doing your job, because no one else on this rock could do it like you can.'" the nurse answered.

"Thanks Melissa. Well you can take off... I`ll finish some paperwork and then head off too..." He said, pulling out a few folders, and going through them. He sighed and poured some water in his glass. He never really liked to deal with papers.

The lights went off in the corridor.

"Let the silence cover me..." He humorously thought, as the echo from the door died down.

Doctor Lee O`Riley was sitting in his office in the residential district of Hygeia. An elderly man sat opposite of his desk.

"Mr. Johnson... ugh... You can`t avoid drinking your pills... I know they`re not the best tasting, but your heart will stop if you don`t take them. I`ll prescribe you another pack, and please... don`t flush them down the toilet." Lee said in a patient tone.

"You whippersnapper, I have lived seventy years without medication. Seventy! And why would I suddenly need them? Huh? You`re just trying to take my credits... That`s all you doctors do. Prescribe some expensive pills that don`t do much." The man started ranting and waved his hands around, but suddenly he stopped waving about and clutched his chest.

Lee got up from his chair, and walked over to the medicine cabinet that stood in the corner. He took out a bottle of pills, and took two in his hand. Then he swiftly walked over to the old man, and forcibly made him swallow two of them.

After a moment the man eased up, tension in his hand lessening. Lee knelt in front of him and looked at the man`s face.

"That... I could`ve... I was gonna be fine..." The man mumbled, but he took the prescription, and got up. "Damn younglings, think they know everything..." He mumbled on his way to the door. He was slow, and leaned against his cane. Lee silently got up and opened the door for the man.

"Do you promise to take the pills regularly, Mr. Johnson?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah... Otherwise you`ll never get off my case..." He grumbled and went out the door. Lee went out with him, and checked the corridor. It was empty. Mr. Johnson had been the last patient today. Lee turned around and went back into his office, sitting down and sighing. It wasn`t the first time with the old man, and he was sure it wouldn`t be the last one too.

"Dr. O`Riley?" The intercom chirped, as the nurse spoke. It was rather old, and sometimes had some white noise coming from it, but it still functioned well, so Lee didn`t complain.

He pushed a button, and answered:"Yes, Melissa. What is it?"

"Mr. Johnson told me to tell you that 'You better keep your doing your job, because no one else on this rock could do it like you can.'" the nurse answered.

"Thanks Melissa. Well you can take off... I`ll finish some paperwork and then head off too..." He said, pulling out a few folders, and going through them. He sighed and poured some water in his glass. He never really liked to deal with papers.

The lights went off in the corridor.

"Let the silence cover me..." He humorously thought, as the echo from the door died down.

On Hygeia

"Attention. A Grineer raiding party is on its way. All able-bodied personnel are to report to the armory for your equipment. Once equipped, await further instructions at the hangar." said the Stronghold's artificial intelligence. "This message will repeat twice."

As the A.I repeated the message, every single person was on edge, madly dashing towards the armory to get armed while others corralled the children and elderly, moving them to various saferooms.

GEN Vetar sent out a message asking for reinforcements from any friendlies in the area in the hopes that they could help destroy the Carrier Group while the Stronghold's various warriors attempted to fend the Grineer off.

One Grineer troop stood alone, patrolling a generally empty area, his mind absently wandering about his potential future as he paced a routine path through the brown corridors. A look to his left served him nothing but rusted metal and the Mantra: Victory is Destiny. A look to his right found him a Heavy Gunner, who he simply nodded in recognition of and continued on his pre-determined, never-changing path. The lights above him fizzled black, before sparking back to life shortly after. Casting an accusatory glance towards one of the newly installed Arc traps, the soldier passed through a magnetic door and continued. 

Eventually, as the soldier was walking through an utterly empty area of the ship, he saw something move in front of him - behind a large pile of boxes. After checking his map to ensure that no soldiers were stationed there, he raised his Grakata and began to march forward, as quiet as possible (though the hundreds of pounds of armor plating did little to help in that regard). He reached the boxes uneventfully, and turn the corner. A Skana flashed, then blackness.

The scene changed. The soldier kneeled in an what appeared to be an arena of sorts, chained to a post. This time, he was armourless. Another circled around him, Attarax revved and ready. A lash and a scream as flesh was ripped from bone. Again, blackness.

--------------------------------

Some sort of announcement rang in the background. Listening in as his left hand groped blindly around him, Trak'Vel could only discern that it was a warning against some form of raiding party, and that all able-bodied personnel were to head to the armory and acquire weapons, presumably for the defense of the Hygeia. Eventually his hand glanced upon a smooth panel, raised a few centimeters above the rest of the table that it rested upon. Pressing his hand firmly upon it, Trak'Vel's cybernetic eyes blinked into operation as a cord automatically disconnected itself from the small of his back. Reaching awkwardly to his right, the man managed to grab some rusted piece of machinery, which a few moments' inspection revealed to be a cybernetic right arm. Grunting satisfactorily, he attached the limb to a jumble or grayed cords and mishap that had replaced his right shoulderblade. Rotating the rusted, gray limb at the shoulder and testing each of the movements of the hand and elbow, Trak'Vel eventually moved on to the next part of getting up each day: Attaching his legs.

After leaning up from his position on the small cot, he reached again, though this time with his mechanical right arm instead of his organic left, and methodically attached both legs. Sliding from his unremarkable cot, Trak'Vel's feet clanked against the metal floor of his room. Donning his hand-crafted outfit, which consisted of various scraps of leather and scrap-metal plates, sliced off various different abandoned ships and welded together to make a rudimentary plate armour. Equipping his welding Spectra, modified for combat and a little range, as well as his Serro (though he had little training in the most combat-effective use in either), Trak'Vel strode from his personal room and into the hallways, preparing himself for a defense against the Grineer.

One Grineer troop stood alone, patrolling a generally empty area, his mind absently wandering about his potential future as he paced a routine path through the brown corridors. A look to his left served him nothing but rusted metal and the Mantra: Victory is Destiny. A look to his right found him a Heavy Gunner, who he simply nodded in recognition of and continued on his pre-determined, never-changing path. The lights above him fizzled black, before sparking back to life shortly after. Casting an accusatory glance towards one of the newly installed Arc traps, the soldier passed through a magnetic door and continued. 

Eventually, as the soldier was walking through an utterly empty area of the ship, he saw something move in front of him - behind a large pile of boxes. After checking his map to ensure that no soldiers were stationed there, he raised his Grakata and began to march forward, as quiet as possible (though the hundreds of pounds of armor plating did little to help in that regard). He reached the boxes uneventfully, and turn the corner. A Skana flashed, then blackness.

The scene changed. The soldier kneeled in an what appeared to be an arena of sorts, chained to a post. This time, he was armourless. Another circled around him, Attarax revved and ready. A lash and a scream as flesh was ripped from bone. Again, blackness.

--------------------------------

Some sort of announcement rang in the background. Listening in as his left hand groped blindly around him, Trak'Vel could only discern that it was a warning against some form of raiding party, and that all able-bodied personnel were to head to the armory and acquire weapons, presumably for the defense of the Hygeia. Eventually his hand glanced upon a smooth panel, raised a few centimeters above the rest of the table that it rested upon. Pressing his hand firmly upon it, Trak'Vel's cybernetic eyes blinked into operation as a cord automatically disconnected itself from the small of his back. Reaching awkwardly to his right, the man managed to grab some rusted piece of machinery, which a few moments' inspection revealed to be a cybernetic right arm. Grunting satisfactorily, he attached the limb to a jumble or grayed cords and mishap that had replaced his right shoulderblade. Rotating the rusted, gray limb at the shoulder and testing each of the movements of the hand and elbow, Trak'Vel eventually moved on to the next part of getting up each day: Attaching his legs.

After leaning up from his position on the small cot, he reached again, though this time with his mechanical right arm instead of his organic left, and methodically attached both legs. Sliding from his unremarkable cot, Trak'Vel's feet clanked against the metal floor of his room. Donning his hand-crafted outfit, which consisted of various scraps of leather and scrap-metal plates, sliced off various different abandoned ships and welded together to make a rudimentary plate armour. Equipping his welding Spectra, modified for combat and a little range, as well as his Serro (though he had little training in the most combat-effective use in either), Trak'Vel strode from his personal room and into the hallways, preparing himself for a defense against the Grineer.

A voice was heard in Sergeant Trak'Vel's ears from a transmission he received.

"Sergeant Vel, this is Captain Casal. I've got your orders straight from General Vetar herself. Take your squad head over to Hangar B-2." said the voice of his superior. "Do you copy?"

Edited by MetroFallout

A voice was heard in Sergeant Trak'Vel's ears from a transmission he received.

"Sergeant Vel, this is Captain Casal. I've got your orders straight from General Vetar herself. Take your squad head over to Hangar B-2." said the voice of his superior. "Do you copy?"

A single word came in reply to Casal, which was a calm, collected "Affirmative."

The inhabitants of Hangar B-2 would hear Trak'Vel's approach before they saw him, as rusted metal creaked, clanked and groaned with each step. Stopping just inside of the exit, Trak'Vel's cybernetic eyes scanned the room.

Edited by fishworshipper

On Hygeia

"Attention. A Grineer raiding party is on its way. All able-bodied personnel are to report to the armory for your equipment. Once equipped, await further instructions at the hangar." said the Stronghold's artificial intelligence. "This message will repeat twice."

As the A.I repeated the message, every single person was on edge, madly dashing towards the armory to get armed while others corralled the children and elderly, moving them to various saferooms.

GEN Vetar sent out a message asking for reinforcements from any friendlies in the area in the hopes that they could help destroy the Carrier Group while the Stronghold's various warriors attempted to fend the Grineer off.

The doctor chuckled and got up. "Well, at least some excitement..." he thought bitterly. If a raiding party came, that meant more than enough injured for him and his four colleagues to handle. There were five doctors on the station, and Lee always thought that that was not enough.

He swiftly headed through the hallway, and out of the med wing. Due to the alert, there was no one to take the next shift, but Lee was sure that all five of them will be rushing in and out of the OP hall before the day will have passed.

The armory was almost directly across the stronghold, and some people could be seen rushing towards it. Some elderly with kids and women were heading in deeper, to the center of the stronghold, where various safe rooms were scattered.

As Lee closed in on the Armory, he saw that there were still people waiting to get their equipment. When he took his place in the line, he saw one of the other four doctors, and they nodded at each other in bitter silence. They both knew that there would be many wounded after this raid, and could only hope for minimal death count.

The line was moving forward. Slowly, but still at quite a pace. As the person before him moved out, he took a step forward and looked up, into the eyes of the quartermaster.

On Hygeia

The doctor chuckled and got up. "Well, at least some excitement..." he thought bitterly. If a raiding party came, that meant more than enough injured for him and his four colleagues to handle. There were five doctors on the station, and Lee always thought that that was not enough.

He swiftly headed through the hallway, and out of the med wing. Due to the alert, there was no one to take the next shift, but Lee was sure that all five of them will be rushing in and out of the OP hall before the day will have passed.

The armory was almost directly across the stronghold, and some people could be seen rushing towards it. Some elderly with kids and women were heading in deeper, to the center of the stronghold, where various safe rooms were scattered.

As Lee closed in on the Armory, he saw that there were still people waiting to get their equipment. When he took his place in the line, he saw one of the other four doctors, and they nodded at each other in bitter silence. They both knew that there would be many wounded after this raid, and could only hope for minimal death count.

The line was moving forward. Slowly, but still at quite a pace. As the person before him moved out, he took a step forward and looked up, into the eyes of the quartermaster.

"Here's your equipment Dr O'Riley!" said Ursula Kay cheerfully, the young and unkempt quartermaster's assistant as she handed him his equipment, consisting of a medic's pack, a Mk-1 Braton and a Mk-1 Lato. "Give em hell!"

"Here's your equipment Dr O'Riley!" said Ursula Kay cheerfully, the young and unkempt quartermaster's assistant as she handed him his equipment, consisting of a medic's pack, a Mk-1 Braton and a Mk-1 Lato. "Give em hell!"

"Thanks Miss Kay. But, umm... You have some... err... non-lethal weapons I can use? I`m not really comfortable with taking lives, even if they are Grineer..." Lee stuttered looking at the assistant first and then the quartermaster. He had already put the medic`s pack on his shoulders, but was reluctant to pick up the guns.

"Thanks Miss Kay. But, umm... You have some... err... non-lethal weapons I can use? I`m not really comfortable with taking lives, even if they are Grineer..." Lee stuttered looking at the assistant first and then the quartermaster. He had already put the medic`s pack on his shoulders, but was reluctant to pick up the guns.

"You're not authorised for non-lethal weaponry doc, but I know why you feel that you need that. It's better to do some harm to the enemy rather than letting the enemy do more harm to our compatriots." Said Ursula, her smile fading slightly. "Either way, just take the guns and go, there are other people in line and according to the duty post, you'd best head over to Hangar B-2."

A single word came in reply to Casal, which was a calm, collected "Affirmative."The inhabitants of Hangar B-2 would hear Trak'Vel's approach before they saw him, as rusted metal creaked, clanked and groaned with each step. Stopping just inside of the exit, Trak'Vel's cybernetic eyes scanned the room.

"Where do you want us, Sergeant?" Asked Corporal Hessare, Trak'Vel's second-in-command, as he approached the ex-Grineer soldier. "The other squads are raring to fight and so is ours."

"Where do you want us, Sergeant?" Asked Corporal Hessare, Trak'Vel's second-in-command, as he approached the ex-Grineer soldier. "The other squads are raring to fight and so is ours."

"That's something that'll change soon." Trak'Vel remarked dryly, a holographic display fizzing and flickering to life a few feet in front of him thanks to his cybernetic left eye. Pulling Hessare to his side to allow for a better view of the display, he began with his strategy.

"Grineer raiding vessels are, more often than not, Galleon-class carriers," he began, a replica appearing on the display. "This means that they usually use two basic strategies, or variants. The first is to board, and the second is to destroy. Since we aren't going to be able to do much from here against a Galleon shooting us, let's assume they're boarding. Grineer boarding parties board by two main methods: Breach pods and, if possible, gunships. The breach pods should be able to be held off for a decent amount of time by initiating a Lockdown procedure, which would give us time to deal with the gunships." As he spoke, the display updated itself to better visualize what he meant.

"A gunship would be able to easily shred anyone in the hangar bay it lands in. Therefore, I would suggest fortifying the outside hallway and defending there. Any objections?"

"That's something that'll change soon." Trak'Vel remarked dryly, a holographic display fizzing and flickering to life a few feet in front of him thanks to his cybernetic left eye. Pulling Hessare to his side to allow for a better view of the display, he began with his strategy.

"Grineer raiding vessels are, more often than not, Galleon-class carriers," he began, a replica appearing on the display. "This means that they usually use two basic strategies, or variants. The first is to board, and the second is to destroy. Since we aren't going to be able to do much from here against a Galleon shooting us, let's assume they're boarding. Grineer boarding parties board by two main methods: Breach pods and, if possible, gunships. The breach pods should be able to be held off for a decent amount of time by initiating a Lockdown procedure, which would give us time to deal with the gunships." As he spoke, the display updated itself to better visualize what he meant.

"A gunship would be able to easily shred anyone in the hangar bay it lands in. Therefore, I would suggest fortifying the outside hallway and defending there. Any objections?"

"No objections Sergeant, we'll have explosive weapons ready to take down the gunships that make it past the external guns in a bit." said Hessare, nodding. "What about the breach pods? Any special preparations that we need to do?"

"No objections Sergeant, we'll have explosive weapons ready to take down the gunships that make it past the external guns in a bit." said Hessare, nodding. "What about the breach pods? Any special preparations that we need to do?"

"As I said, initiate a Lockdown to isolate those sectors until we or another squad can reach them. At the very least it'll slow the enemy down."

The holographic display shut down as Trak'Vel continued his examination of the room, this time looking for anything that could be used to establish a fortified position.

"As I said, initiate a Lockdown to isolate those sectors until we or another squad can reach them. At the very least it'll slow the enemy down."

The holographic display shut down as Trak'Vel continued his examination of the room, this time looking for anything that could be used to establish a fortified position.

"Understood, will relay to other squads as recommendations." said Hessare, following Trak'Vel.

"You're not authorised for non-lethal weaponry doc, but I know why you feel that you need that. It's better to do some harm to the enemy rather than letting the enemy do more harm to our compatriots." Said Ursula, her smile fading slightly. "Either way, just take the guns and go, there are other people in line and according to the duty post, you'd best head over to Hangar B-2."

Lee`s face paled and he started stuttering. "You- You c-can`t meant th-that..." He started, but the man standing behind him interrupted the doctor, tapping on his shoulder and saying:"Doc... No offense, but you`re stalling the rest... And besides, the Grineer won`t spare you, so why should you spare them..." There were agreeing murmurs from other people in the line. Lee looked at the man and then took his weapons and walked out of the armory, silent. Some people in the line were from his patients, or from his apartment block. They looked at the doctor sympathetically, because he was well known as a pacifist, who always tried to help everyone. But their eyes also had a hint of hardness. They knew that it would be impossible to get out of this without casualties. And better that the casualties were more on the Grineer side.

Lee went out of the armory, and attached the Lato MK-1 holster to his belt, and then slung the Braton MK-1 over his shoulder. He looked around himself, and then headed to the Hangar B-2, inspecting the contents of the medic`s pack along the way.

"Painkillers, syringes, tweezers, adrenaline shots..." he mumbled as he went over the contents. Lee raised his head, and saw that he had arrived in the hangar. He spent a moment looking around and trying to find the person that he`d have to report to.

Lee`s face paled and he started stuttering. "You- You c-can`t meant th-that..." He started, but the man standing behind him interrupted the doctor, tapping on his shoulder and saying:"Doc... No offense, but you`re stalling the rest... And besides, the Grineer won`t spare you, so why should you spare them..." There were agreeing murmurs from other people in the line. Lee looked at the man and then took his weapons and walked out of the armory, silent. Some people in the line were from his patients, or from his apartment block. They looked at the doctor sympathetically, because he was well known as a pacifist, who always tried to help everyone. But their eyes also had a hint of hardness. They knew that it would be impossible to get out of this without casualties. And better that the casualties were more on the Grineer side.

Lee went out of the armory, and attached the Lato MK-1 holster to his belt, and then slung the Braton MK-1 over his shoulder. He looked around himself, and then headed to the Hangar B-2, inspecting the contents of the medic`s pack along the way.

"Painkillers, syringes, tweezers, adrenaline shots..." he mumbled as he went over the contents. Lee raised his head, and saw that he had arrived in the hangar. He spent a moment looking around and trying to find the person that he`d have to report to.

Hessare spotted O'Riley come through the doors and walking around aimlessly looking for someone in charge to talk to and turned towards Trak'Vel.

"Sergeant, I see our medic. Do you want to talk to him or should I do it?" he asked, fiddling with the fitting on his modified Supra with a cable attached to a power core replacing its magazine.

Hessare spotted O'Riley come through the doors and walking around aimlessly looking for someone in charge to talk to and turned towards Trak'Vel.

"Sergeant, I see our medic. Do you want to talk to him or should I do it?" he asked, fiddling with the fitting on his modified Supra with a cable attached to a power core replacing its magazine.

"I'll get it," the Seargent huffed. "Inform the other squads. I'd like to have everyone on the same page."

"Doctor O'Riley!" Trak'Vel exclaimed as he waded through the crowd, towing over most due to his Grineer genetics. "I never thought I'd see the day you took a Braton to the battlefield! You need a squad?"

Edited by fishworshipper

"Emm... Uhh... Seargent Vel... I`m not a man of combat. I would not know how to instruct any of these good men and women in a battle." Lee looked at the ex-marine, with slight confusion in the eyes. He grasped the strap of the medics pack, his elbow brushing against the Braton.

"Well... I do hope, that I can avoid killing anyone. [size=2]Even if they are Grineer[/size]." He mumbled the last part, his face taking on a morose expression. "But enough of that. I should probably be assigned to a squad or..." the doctor tried to shake off his gloomy mood, and to brighten up.

Hessare nodded towards Trak'Vel and excused himself in order to direct the placement of anti-armor weapon emplacements, noting their locations and sending them across the board for all friendlies just in case. Barking orders through their encrypted short-ranged transmission channel, he directed the rest of their squad into their positions as per the Sergeant's orders.

Edited by MetroFallout

"Emm... Uhh... Seargent Vel... I`m not a man of combat. I would not know how to instruct any of these good men and women in a battle." Lee looked at the ex-marine, with slight confusion in the eyes. He grasped the strap of the medics pack, his elbow brushing against the Braton.

"Well... I do hope, that I can avoid killing anyone. Even if they are Grineer." He mumbled the last part, his face taking on a morose expression. "But enough of that. I should probably be assigned to a squad or..." the doctor tried to shake off his gloomy mood, and to brighten up.

"You'll be with me," the Sergeant stated, before lumbering to a fortified, defensible position and motioning for the medic to follow. "Think about it this way, O'Riley: You aren't killing people, you're defending yourself from hostile invaders." 

((Sorry for the short post, I couldn't think of anything else to write.))

"All units, be advised, the first wave of Grineer that made it through the anti-gunship and insertion pod guns are approaching." said General Vetar over the PA system. "The enemy is at our gates, it's time to drive them back! Stand strong, stand fast, stand together. Vetar out."

• 2 weeks later...

"You'll be with me," the Sergeant stated, before lumbering to a fortified, defensible position and motioning for the medic to follow. "Think about it this way, O'Riley: You aren't killing people, you're defending yourself from hostile invaders." 

((Sorry for the short post, I couldn't think of anything else to write.))

"Well... While that is true... The other part also hold true. I must kill in order to protect myself from hostile invaders. And there it is - I must kill... I don`t know if-- GAH!" O`Riley said, but got interrupted by a bullet flying over his head. He fell down, and crawled into cover, breathing heavily.

"Ok, no... I can do this... Aim for arms and legs. Wound, but not kill..." He mumbled, peering out from behind the cover, just enough to see a squad of Grineer approaching slowly. They were firing over the cover. Seemed like they`re not aiming directly at people, but trying to suppress them, to advance safely.

((Sorry for the absence - RL`s been nasty...))

Edited by Psychotoxin

"Well... While that is true... The other part also hold true. I must kill in order to protect myself from hostile invaders. And there it is - I must kill... I don`t know if-- GAH!" O`Riley said, but got interrupted by a bullet flying over his head. He fell down, and crawled into cover, breathing heavily.

"Ok, no... I can do this... Aim for arms and legs. Wound, but not kill..." He mumbled, peering out from behind the cover, just enough to see a squad of Grineer approaching slowly. They were firing over the cover. Seemed like they`re not aiming directly at people, but trying to suppress them, to advance safely.

((Sorry for the absence - RL`s been nasty...))

"It's on! Open fire!" shouted Hessare, opening up with his modified Supra, keeping an eye on its temperature gauge. Moving to O'Riley's side, he stopped firing for a brief moment to set up the bipod and continued firing, giving fire support to the nearby troops.

The machine gunners sprayed out bullets and plasma bolts from their assorted weapons into the Grineer from their fortified positions, giving it all they've got.

Edited by MetroFallout